Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zjack38

2014-2015 NY Islanders

Throughout their 1st 4 games I have to say I've been really impressed with the play of the Islanders. Tavares has been outstanding, Nelson has been a pleasant surprise, whether he can keep it up or not is another question. Halak has played good as well.

I really feel like the Islanders are going to make the playoffs this year.

I had them listed as my surprise team. Not that it was a difficult choice, I think they underperformed last season incredibly, and Tavares coming back healthy coupled with several nice acquisitions and revamping their goaltending situation, definitely have them in a good spot.

6-2 after last night. If they can start holding their leads after the second period, this may be a very nice year for the Isles. Great start to a long season.

The Islanders have been looking fantastic. If they can keep their consistency going, they will be in great shape come playoff time.

Boychuck and Leddy have been wonderful additions. Hope everyone stays healthy.

Any Ho-Sang predictions? I saw him play live a couple weeks ago and the kid was electrifying. He is the epitome of high-risk, high-reward player. Stunning hands and vision.

First place in the Metropolitan Division! Finally some joy back to the Hockey Club! I hope they hang on through the rest of the season. A quick return from our injured reserve list would really make things right.

And we just beat the Blackhawks 3-2 in a wonderful display of skating and control. 20 wins before the new year. Awesome!

Does Clutterbuck need Duncan Keith's address for the thank you card, or does he already have it? Keith was terrible in that game, and not just on that one play.

Does Clutterbuck need Duncan Keith's address for the thank you card, or does he already have it? Keith was terrible in that game, and not just on that one play.

I'm sure Cal would be inclined too after Halak receives Daniel Carcillo's "Thank you." for the first goal that rolled off his back.

When you consider the lack of penalties and whistles, it was a very fast paced game.

I'm sure Cal would be inclined too after Halak receives Daniel Carcillo's "Thank you." for the first goal that rolled off his back.

When you consider the lack of penalties and whistles, it was a very fast paced game.

There's a difference between a lucky bounce and a defenseman putting it on the tape to send you in alone on his goalie.

Most Hawks games are played at a pace like that, it's an entertaining style of hockey.

I have been extremely happy with the way the isles are playing this season. I just wonder what is going to happen when and if Grabner is ready to go. Who is going to be the healthy scratch (assuming all the forwards are healthy)? I hope they aren't dumb enough to break up the kid line which is producing a ton of offense and chances, and send Lee back to Bridgeport. Personally I would like to see Bailey go. He isn't consistent and hasn't really done much in his career. He has his moments when he shows he can make plays and scores, but lacks consistency.

What a great game last night! Down 2-0 in the first five minutes, and they lept their heads and cool on, to come back and win 6-3 against the Penguins. Now more separartion in the division between the the two teams. All Start Break on, and this going to be a great season for change!

as a previous season ticket holder whilst growing up in NY..I am so stoked for the first time in years! The injuries are worrying me but..I believe the depth shown on this squad may be enough to make a deep playoff run!

Lets Go Islanders! Yes..Yes.. YESS!

What a game last night against the Predators! 5-2 win, and skated strong. Finally getting our rhythm with Kyle being out. Hopefully we can maintain the momentum.

They need to figure out their PP and PK... because if they keep this up, they'll get slaughtered in the playoffs. Otherwise, they're playing extremely well.

They need to figure out their PP and PK... because if they keep this up, they'll get slaughtered in the playoffs. Otherwise, they're playing extremely well.

The other night I heard that the NHL is on pace for the fewest powerplays per game in league history and there is usually a reduction in penalties called in the playoffs. Normally, I would agree that PP and especially the PK are important in the playoffs but this year that may not be the case.

The other night I heard that the NHL is on pace for the fewest powerplays per game in league history and there is usually a reduction in penalties called in the playoffs. Normally, I would agree that PP and especially the PK are important in the playoffs but this year that may not be the case.

Good points. They are scoring, and Halak is playing really well, so they are a formidable force. I guess we'll have to see!

That actually makes the powerplay more important since even strength goals are even harder to come by.

It's easier to kill one than five or six