Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hank_33

Bauer Nexus Skates - best value for money question

So, I narrowed it down to Bauer Nexus skates, but before I buy one I wanted to ask you guys what you think would be the best value for money.

I could get a Nexus 6000 for 280€,

a Nexus 1000 for 410€

and a Nexus 7000 for 520€

What do you think has the best price performance ratio? Is there a huge difference between the 6000 and 1000/7000, or between the 1000 and 7000?

Thanks for the help

The Nexus 1000 has a clarino liner which, in my opinion, is much better than the liner of the 7000. Essentially the same skate, construction-wise. The 6000 is more like the 800 and won't be as stiff as the 1/7000

Funny, I was about to post the same topic.

Im looking at the 800 form last year and the 6000 from this year. They say the 6000 is the 800s replacement but i just dont see it.

It seems like the 800 just has a bit more to it as the outsole is composite compared to tpr plastic, different liners etc. But some things are fuzzy. 800 has pro tech nylon and the 6000 says sport nylon... what is the difference there just weight or stiffness. To boot there is also the 5000 which is $100 less than the 6000 but the only differences i see are the tongue and liner, am i missing something there for that price gap?

To the OP: if you can afford them, the 1000 is the best bet if you play enough. They are very stiff but comfy, when i tried them on they felt super light. I didnt get much past trying them on though.

edit: was the nexus 800 really around ~925 grams per skate. seems very high to me.

In my experience trying them on (briefly) is that the new 7000 model has the traditional boxy fit like the 1000 model had. From 800 on down in the previous Nexus line and the 6000 on down in the current line, you get the old Flexlite fit.

Thanks, good to know. Did know there were different fits within the old line, didn't know it's in the new line, too.

But I'll go with the 1000s anyway. Thanks for the help.

Can other chime in on the difference between the 1000 and 7000 skates? Is it mainly the Clarino liner? I do like the more traditional look of the 7000 but the Clarino liner appeals to me. Thanks.