Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Alpha Nemesis initial thoughts

Hespeler was looking for feedback on the sticks. From this thread I'd say the stick seems very good, but needs to be made available in some popular patterns. Hopefully they're listening and that will happen.

Hespeler was looking for feedback on the sticks. From this thread I'd say the stick seems very good, but needs to be made available in some popular patterns. Hopefully they're listening and that will happen.

I like the fact they don't just copy the patterns of others, mostly because I like the idea of having different patters to choose from. All of Hespeler patterns are based on real pro curves, though not the ones they're currently named for. With all of the people wanting a toe curve (it seems like a lot of people here want one) the Smyth would be a nice choice.

I used mine in a game for the first time tonight. I played center, using it in faceoffs all night and never switched sticks all night. Never had a problem at all. Unlike JR I didn't have any goals, but I did record three assists.

I've played hockey with some of these guys for years and the others for 2 1/2 months and everyone was amazed at the shots I was ripping. Four guys asked where and when they could get one. While the most obvious feature is the insert in the face, the shots this thing produces are incredible.

So are you taping the stick(blade)? Or playing with the insert shown? From the looks of it, it seems like the insert would have some grip to handle the puck with?

I remember seeing those pics but I assumed since it was a short hossel it was going to be tapered. Thanks for the clarification on that.

What is the estimated retail price of the blade?

I used mine in a game for the first time tonight. I played center, using it in faceoffs all night and never switched sticks all night. Never had a problem at all. Unlike JR I didn't have any goals, but I did record three assists.

I've played hockey with some of these guys for years and the others for 2 1/2 months and everyone was amazed at the shots I was ripping. Four guys asked where and when they could get one. While the most obvious feature is the insert in the face, the shots this thing produces are incredible.

So are you taping the stick(blade)? Or playing with the insert shown? From the looks of it, it seems like the insert would have some grip to handle the puck with?

I always tape it. I'd hate to have a chunk come out if it wasn't taped.

I remember seeing those pics but I assumed since it was a short hossel it was going to be tapered. Thanks for the clarification on that.

What is the estimated retail price of the blade?

You'd think people would learn about assuming things. :P No idea on the price, JR may be able to recall.

2 more goals with this thing tonight. Both wristers, one from the facceoff dot and another from just outside the hash marks on a rush. I haven't used another stick since I got this thing and that's rare for me.