Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Alpha Nemesis initial thoughts

I'm not so skeptical about how it works, more about how well it'll hold up. I wonder how it's pieced into the composite, and how deep it goes into the blade. Is it possible that the rubber would just fall out? I like this idea, it's just I've never heard or seen anything like this before. Maybe i'm over analyzing this and over-estimating the rubber.

Couple of MM thick. It would appear that the composite surface is a little lower so the coating is even with the surface of the blade.

Guest phillyfan

How is the rubber applied onto the blade? Is it just glued on? How long is it suppose to hold up? Using those franklin roller hockey gripper things for dek hockey, they start to peel after awhile.

Are there going to be alpha nemesis shafts? Tapered and standard? JR do you have pictures of them or any specs?

Are there going to be alpha nemesis shafts?  Tapered and standard?  JR do you have pictures of them or any specs?

There is a standard shaft coming out. I'm sure the 04 website will be done soon, be patient. We know what happens when you rush to get your website done.

Just got back from using mine;

Excellent zip on shots

Insert really works

Still working on getting used to the curve, it's a major departure from what I normally use.

the shafts wouldn't matter so much right? the technology is in the blade. or is there another vibration dampiner in the shaft itself?

Any idea what the price of the retail blades will be, the feel of the puck was always an issue for me with comp blades. Always nice to see some new ideas come out, especially if they work!

the shafts wouldn't matter so much right? the technology is in the blade. or is there another vibration dampiner in the shaft itself?

One in the blade, two more in the shaft. I don't have the price list on me, JR ended up with mine when we checked out of the hotel.

Still working on getting used to the curve, it's a major departure from what I normally use.

That might prevent me from trying it if I couldn't find something very close to what I have now.

Nice pattern.

Thanks, I'm rather fond of it to say the least, not to mention very accustomed to it as well. B)

It looks exactly like my GI Legault XN10.

I've had this particular pattern as a SherWood for 20 some years (OK, I'm one of the older members here). I'm sure some of the knowledgeable members here could match it up to pro patterns made by Easton, Innovative, and Mission etc. If Hespeler has some equivalent to my pattern, I'd like to try the Alpha out.

You gotta love the intro on that Hespeler site. That music makes it seem like you are watching some action movie :D anyway, they didnt have the patterns on the site so any idea of what they're gonna be? They still have that fugly Gonchar?

You gotta love the intro on that Hespeler site. That music makes it seem like you are watching some action movie :D anyway, they didnt have the patterns on the site so any idea of what they're gonna be? They still have that fugly Gonchar?

Gonchar is Inno, Weight is the fugly Hespeler quivalent.