Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Alpha Nemesis initial thoughts

I got one on Monday - used it today.

It works. It is what the Si-Core tried to do.

I got one of my guys to pass me a bunch of hard passes...the rubber insert absorbed the passes.

No vibration issues for me like I had with XN10.

One thing that was strange about it was the flex. I could barely bend it while standing - and it was a 260 - however, the stick was just fine when I shot.

Only complaint I had was the curve - the Smyth's somewhat a mid-toe, and I was getting them up pretty high especially up close.

The blade got a little soft afterwards - we'll see how long it'll hold up.

Cool. What's the weight like on it? And the feel? Whats the kick like? How much did it cost? Sorry for the questions, but I have been interested in these since I heard they were coming out. Oh yeah one more question. Better then the Patroit or worse?

Guest phillyfan

Sounds like a decent stick, interested in more information regarding the blade if possible. Where did you purchase the stick, and how much did you drop?

The insert is on the face, not buried deep inside the blade.

Weight is listed at 450 in the catalog.

Hespeler provided JR and I with sticks, in exchange for giving them feedback. I will be using mine tomorrow.

Guest phillyfan

He said it was similar to a Si-Core, if you are unfamiliar with the Si-Core, it has a silicone strip inserted into the blade, that acts as if there were a rubber pad on the outside of the blade or whatnot.

Will this effect the durability or velocity of your shots? I would think it'd add durability because the rubber would absorb the puck rather than the composite, but at the same time take away from the velocity.

I believe ours were from an early shipment, I assume they will be getting out to retail over the next couple of months.

Will this effect the durability or velocity of your shots? I would think it'd add durability because the rubber would absorb the puck rather than the composite, but at the same time take away from the velocity.

There is composite beneath the rubber so it retains the stiffness and doesn't rob you of power. The Insert doesn't cover the entire blade either, the toe is all composite. I will try to get a pic.

Guest phillyfan

Like the previous post, and as with the early questions about the Si-Core, does it take anything away from your shot?

**You posted as I was typing.**

The shot still had some zip behind it. I was concerned it'd rob velocity but it didn't.

The stick is balanced and the weight is standard. Not XN10 light but that's not what they were going for.

I could never get used to composite sticks, but I can definitely use this.

I have a game tomorrow and I will be starting with it. I switch sticks a lot during games, so we'll see how long (and if I even do) I switch back to the Flyweight. I never used the XN10/M1 Grip/1100 fused in a game for an extended period of time.

The only complaint I had was the toe. That was all. However it was a sample, and if I were to choose out of their existing patterns it would've been that one anyway.

I probably would've fared better with a 300 flex but if I am not mistaken it is an Int stick. I had to chop about 3/4" off.

Did you try the stick without tape and see if the dampening effect was better without tape, I would imagine it would be, but sut wondering.

He said it was similar to a Si-Core, if you are unfamiliar with the Si-Core, it has a silicone strip inserted into the blade, that acts as if there were a rubber pad on the outside of the blade or whatnot.

LOL. Thanks for the update man.

They don't have the '04 stuff listed yet. The popups don't work for Mozilla either, I just get blank boxes.

Guys,

The '04 product site is in progress. Want to make sure we do it properly so its taking extra long.

I will send pics to ljack or JR to post for everyone in the morning. Don't have access to the files from home.

The insert needs to be taped. Treat it like a regular blade.

The stick under discussion is the Alpha Nemesis, in 2004 the 2003 Nemesis has been renamed the Nemesis 2.0.

I was just on the site, and the Nemesis is up on it.

when you go to www.hespelerhockey.net, does it say 2003 or 2004? Also, does it just say Nemesis? This year all 4 OPS carry the Nemesis name, we have the Alpha. It's the top of the line model.