Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadianbacon17

crease in 950's

I understand and apologize for this...Believe me, we were not happy with the factory when we learned about this problem. We spend alot of time and money testing our skates to one specification, and when some pairs come in that are not correct, it makes us absolutely furious...

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Justin

hah, I'm going to be skating in my 950s for the first time tonight, I'm going to be f'n paranoid about this. though I've only had one friend have any problems with mission skates. I think he just has bad luck though, one d1 outsole went, then TWO replacement pairs of d1cs had their outsoles seperate. all within about 4 months.

edit: THOUGH, mission had no problems at all offering him replacements each time. I enjoy that you guys understand things slip through, and don't try to cover it up.

I understand and apologize for this...Believe me, we were not happy with the factory when we learned about this problem. We spend alot of time and money testing our skates to one specification, and when some pairs come in that are not correct, it makes us absolutely furious...

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Justin

That's fine man, I'll try them and buy them if I like the fit. My CCM are beaten to hell. I have had Mission like 5 years ago and like them a lot. I think they will fit perfectly. :D

Ahh...you just have to get out and enjoy the winter for what it is....and besides Montreal has other benefits...like sitting on a bench in May when all the summer styles walk by....... B) makes you really appreciate the change in the weather more....

Can someone take a picture of their skates and the crease? I'm interested in seeing what you are talking about.

thanks

Yes, someone please post pics. I have a couple things I see on my HE950 boots that I'm not sure quailfy as "creases" and I want to see if the boots in the pics resemble mine.

The "creases" in mine lead down from where the DNA straps are and toward my insole and outsole. It's pretty minor at this point, but I just want to make sure they're not defective.

yeah i would like to see some pics too so i can compare mine as well. My creases aren't terribly bad but if it's gonna keep getting worse i wanna exchange them. I've still only skated on them about 6 or 7 times, since the weather has been crap here for the last month and a half. My worst creases are on the flap on the back of the skate, but like MK i'm starting to see them crease under the DNA strands now. I'll take pictures of mine and post them as well ASAP so we can compare.

PS-I also noticed on the outside of both my skates, one worse than the other, theres a big gap where the white material meets the plastic toe cap. Again it's not doing anything right now, but i can see it seperating from the toe eventually, on one skate the material is barely attached to the toe, and it was like that out of the box, i didn't gash them on the boards or anything.

I've been a mission loyalist for as long as i can remember, and i know small problems like this aren't common and are just a "bad batch", so i'm in no way trying to flame mission or their quality. These are by far the best skates I've ever owned, but bottom line is $400+ for a pair of skates, i would like them to be top-notch

PS-I also noticed on the outside of both my skates, one worse than the other, theres a big gap where the white material meets the plastic toe cap. Again it's not doing anything right now, but i can see it seperating from the toe eventually, on one skate the material is barely attached to the toe, and it was like that out of the box, i didn't gash them on the boards or anything.

I noticed that on mine as well.

I'll take pictures of mine and post them as well ASAP so we can compare.

I'll try to get some pics up of mine as well.

i'm still at work so when i get home i'll get some pics up. Prob won't be until about 9 or so.

I wonder if i'm gonna have a problem sending them back if i decide to. I don't have the damn receipt.

Hmm...that could present a problem. They haven't even been out for a year though, so of course they're still under warranty. I would ask Justin.

I've got my receipt safely tucked away :)

ok heres a few pics. i tried the best i could to get a good shot of the creasing. it's hard to get it an an angle the camera will pick them up. in person they're clearly visible from any angle, the pics do no justice. there are a few of the back part, one shot of the creasing under the DNA strands, and then 2 shots of the gap between the white material and toe cap:

000_0940.jpg

000_0941.jpg

000_0944.jpg

000_0945.jpg

Those are similar to the creases in my boot. The most pronounced creases in my boots are where the ball of the ankle is on the outside of the boot. The crease is vertical and at a slight angle.

I wasn't able to get the pics up last night but I will try tonight.

yeah the ones under the DNA strands are getting longer too, i just noticed as i was takin the pictures. They start where the plastic DNA piece is tucked under the white material, and run down to the bottom of the boot. How about your toe caps? Are they off as bad as mine??

Justin, if you can give us any info on getting our skates replaced, please let us know. Now is a good time for me to send them out b/c of the awful weather we're having right now. Also, am i gonna have any problem since i lost my receipt??

the toe is placed perfectly on the sole plate, so its a matter of the material coming up short of the toe. i can just see it seperating from the boot. AND to add another thing i noticed, around the top of the skate, where you can see the 3 or so layers of the boot stitched together, the layers are cut at different lengths, so in some places i'll have the middle later stickin out, other places it will be another layer. It just seems they were put together sloppily at the manufacturers.

Kovy- It IS a great skate. I was always a fan of the predominantely white boot.

If you get them just make sure they're put together cleanly, and not from the bum batch. Inspect them closely before you buy. Other than the cosmetic problems on my pair they're the best skates i've ever strapped on, hands down.

Yeah, it's definitely a great skate. It's super comfortable. I'm just hoping I didn't get one from the "bad batch."

I've been using mine for about three weeks now, no signs of anything negative except for a little marking on the tongue, which is normal anyway.

I will say though, I am not a fan of the z-rated wheels. I went from dynastys to these, and I'm not a fan. I might just end up goin' and buyin' some rink rats.

i'm coming off dynasties (reds) myself also. i loved them but they got mangled after only 8 games or so. I'm never hard on wheels either. So far I like these wheels, we'll see how they do in the longrun