Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadianbacon17

crease in 950's

I'm usually pretty tough with wheels, not really chunking 'cause I'm not a heavy guy but I burn them up from stopping pretty hard. But my red dynastys lasted a pretty long time.

...AND to add another thing i noticed, around the top of the skate, where you can see the 3 or so layers of the boot stitched together, the layers are cut at different lengths, so in some places i'll have the middle later stickin out, other places it will be another layer. It just seems they were put together sloppily at the manufacturers.

I've seen exactly the same thing with all of the Vector Pro's I've seen in person. The lower models don't seem to have this problem though.

I'm going to try to get the pics up tonight. I may have to use some MSPaint action to show just where the creases are. I'm not sure if they'll come up in the pics.

don't use the flash, the white material is way too reflective. I got the best results when I used no flash and shot at an angle.

I wonder where Justin has been, If i'm goin to send these back i want to now while theres 3 feet of snow outside!!

time to go play w/ my new x70's :D :D :D

Looking at the pictures in the previous page, you most likely have an issue. However, the crease on the tendon is not an issue...The side quarter is....Unfortunately we do not have any 950's in stock right now...We are waiting for replacements to arrive in the next 10 days..

If you have an issue, call our customer service department and they will help you. Look for a 2-3 week delay due to no skates in stock. Sorry guys...

Justin

Thanks Justin. How about the gap between the material and the toe? As in the first two pictures I posted?? Do you foresee any problems with that?? Ideally I would rather not exchange my skates. I can live with a few creases as long as they're not that bad, but i don't want to worry about my toe cap seperating in time

Looking at the pictures in the previous page, you most likely have an issue. However, the crease on the tendon is not an issue...The side quarter is....Unfortunately we do not have any 950's in stock right now...We are waiting for replacements to arrive in the next 10 days..

If you have an issue, call our customer service department and they will help you. Look for a 2-3 week delay due to no skates in stock. Sorry guys...

Justin

Thanks, Justin. Would it be possible for me to just bring my skates into the Santa Ana office when the new skates come in?

Pics of my skates -

I noticed that after a few more times of wearing them for extended periods of time (3 hour pick-up) the creases have grown signifigantly, particularly in the left outside boot.

skates%20041.jpg

skates%20042.jpg

skates%20043.jpg

skates%20044.jpg

skates%20045.jpg

Definitely a warranty skate...The new supplies of 950's should be in stock in 10-14 days....

Sounds good. Am i going to have to send them to NY, or can I take care of this at the Santa Ana location? I have a tournament coming up and I'd rather not have to ship them out.

Thanks Justin!

I contacted mission this morning via e-mail, and i want everyone to know how amazing their customer service has been. I recieved two replies in less than an hour of writing to them, one from a manager and another from a customer service rep. Both were extremely nice and eager to resolve my problems.

Justin-thanks for checkin out the pictures and pointing me inthe right direction. I'm in correspondence with Neil Barrette right now. I let him know that my skates aren't nearly as bad as the others i've seen, but with only a few hrs of skate time on them, they're already beginning to crease. He's gonna let me know whether i should send them back now or wait to see if it worsens.

Thanks again

Although my boots have shown a very slight creasing (I'll take some pictures after my game tonight) I don't really have any complaints about the boot construction.

The wheels on the other hand, I'm not too fond with. I'm coming from dynastys and I haven't really liked the z-rateds at all. I play on nothing but tiled surfaces but after only about three or so weeks I'm already seeing these wheels start to peel layers off (I'll try to take pictures of that also.

The frames have been great, though my second wheel on my one skate I can't get the square screw side out, it seems to be locked in, no matter what I've tried I can't move it.

Hmm....I haven't had that problem with the wheels.

Also, I don't want the pics of my skates to dissuade anyone from considering the 950's- they are an amazing skate, and the boot is the most comfortable I have tried on to date, ice or roller. Unfortunately, myself and Illpaseo just happened to get boots from the "bad batch." I am confident the next pair I get will be fine. If I had to pick out new rollers today, I would still go with the 950's- no doubt about it.

Hmm....I haven't had that problem with the wheels.

Also, I don't want the pics of my skates to dissuade anyone from considering the 950's- they are an amazing skate, and the boot is the most comfortable I have tried on to date, ice or roller. Unfortunately, myself and Illpaseo just happened to get boots from the "bad batch." I am confident the next pair I get will be fine. If I had to pick out new rollers today, I would still go with the 950's- no doubt about it.

yes, i totally agree. hands down best skates i've ever laced up. Unfortunately i got a bum pair but what are you gonna do, things happen. Mission has been excellent so far in dealing with the problem.

I got my pair Sunday and tried them yesterday. After the game I checked the skates and there was small crease on the side . Shit that was the first time i wear the skates.

A small crease is probably not a big deal. If it grows like mine did then I would be concerned. Just hang on to your receipt.

Does this creasing occur in the 750's also? I got a pair of 750's for Christmas but haven't got around to using them yet with ice hockey still going on.

you play for the Chupacabraz?? why don't you guys give someone else a chance to win Gold?? haha..seriously congrats on #3

is Rudy finally going to suit up for you guys in Florida?? I want to see that guy celebrate after scoring a goal after seeing how amped up he gets watching the team..