Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seanmccann

Redoing my room

I am totally redoing my bedroom from the ground up and need some suggestions. Does anybody have any suggestions from their bedroom such as wall color, desks, hockey stuff that I can use in mine.

I'll tell ya one thing, I have one of those corner unit desks now, and it's great. Uses just enough space and, IMO, looks good.

I hung hockey sticks on my wall using these things that screw into the wall studs and make a "u". two of those, one at each end of the shaft and placed so that the sticks are at a nice looking angle and they stay on the wall perfectly.

Nah, I think the name for that is a Murphy bed. A loft is pretty much the top part of a bunk bed, so you can still put things or a dresser underneath. My friend has his desk under his loft.

Nah, I think the name for that is a Murphy bed. A loft is pretty much the top part of a bunk bed, so you can still put things or a dresser underneath. My friend has his desk under his loft.

Yup. Not recommended for tall people however. I'm only 5' 8" and I've hit my head a couple times while standing underneath the bed.

22203_PE092115_S3.jpg

haha this is getting whacked. first kovalchuk askes if you wear boxers or briefs, and now seanmccann asking for photos of your room. :blink:

haha this is getting whacked. first kovalchuk askes if you wear boxers or briefs, and now seanmccann asking for photos of your room. :blink:

Actually I really need help with my room because I need to get it done within the next month and have no ideas. I remember on CB somebody had puck doorknobs; I'm looking for stuff like that.

Make sure the curtains are thick, you'll sleep better that way and won't get woken up early by the sun.

DONT paint it a dark color if your painting.

I disagree, paint it dark so its pitch black when its night time. Easier to fall asleep.

You've obviously never been in a darkly painted room. It's bad, real bad. Think Rangers level bad.

DONT paint it a dark color if your painting.

I disagree, paint it dark so its pitch black when its night time. Easier to fall asleep.

You've obviously never been in a darkly painted room. It's bad, real bad. Think Rangers level bad.

What's Ranger's Level Bad? Overpaying for crap?

No, you tool. I meant awful, as in the on-ice product.

Ever been in a room painted black or dark blue or anythign like that? It feels small as hell and just isn't right.

Also, you'll get sick of it after a while.

I say have maybe 2-3 cool posters in nice frames, of something you like. Im my room I have that cool Kramer poster, I also have a Sopranos poster, and a Strange Brew I got for christmas will be going up when I get around to it. A decent frame runs 10-15 bucks at WalMart w/o the frame it just looks cheap. Also go to spencers for some great room ideas.

In my room i have got some signs from old hockey shops that i have got either for free or as they got old or going out of business. I got them all for cheap! I'm sure your LHS gets display posters and stuff and you could ask to have/buy the older ones.

Go in a magazine and cut out some cool pics you like. I did that out of some surfing magazine and just taped them up on my wall. Looks pretty cool, and definately add some posters. I could post a picture of my room if you want.

Go in a magazine and cut out some cool pics you like. I did that out of some surfing magazine and just taped them up on my wall. Looks pretty cool, and definately add some posters. I could post a picture of my room if you want.

My friend covered all his walls completly with pictures from a skateboard mag.

I am totally redoing my bedroom from the ground up and need some suggestions. Does anybody have any suggestions from their bedroom such as wall color, desks, hockey stuff that I can use in mine.

This can do some cool things to images for you.