Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tokes

Z-Bubble Grip loses all tackiness after cold?

I played pick up for about 2 hours tonight, and it was about -25 outside. I've used my stick for maybe 2 hours of practise or pick up, tops. Stick hasn't been slashed hard or anything. After tonight, my Z-bubble lost ALL tackiness, it feels basically like a regular shaft, even after it's warmed up! Will the tackiness come back in a day or so? It didn't get really wet or anything either.

I don't know about the tackiness but I don't think it's too wise to be using a composite stick in those kind of cold temperatures. I'm betting they could become brittle from that extreme cold.

Don't know its effect on grip (other than ice build-up at times), but I've played with composites in that temp and didn't notice any difference in durability.

If it hasn't become tacky again, you can always try the old golf grip trick of using soapy water on it...it retacks golf grips quite well. On a grip stick, who knows? Can't hurt...

I usually just give a grip stick a quick wipe with some Alcohol (Rubbing or Isopropyl (sp)) - Seems to restore it quite well...

a little off topic but isopropyl is rubbing alcohol :rolleyes:

I usually just give a grip stick a quick wipe with some Alcohol (Rubbing or Isopropyl (sp)) - Seems to restore it quite well...

a little off topic but isopropyl is rubbing alcohol :rolleyes:

I understand that - but it is labelled as either/or (rarely both).

Was for the benefit of anyone who didn't know.... ;)

i think the grip just freezes up. the stick doesn't become less grippy. if you place the stick back in room temperature, then the grip will warm and soften back up

Don't know its effect on grip (other than ice build-up at times), but I've played with composites in that temp and didn't notice any difference in durability.

Mack is right, I always play outside with my commander and didn't affect the durability at all and the grip is still the same.

I had a grip Z-Bubble same thing happened. The grip is still there but the tackiness was gone. It just happened to this one even though I didn't use it outside. I think its just cheap coating.

i think the grip just freezes up. the stick doesn't become less grippy. if you place the stick back in room temperature, then the grip will warm and soften back up

I've had it inside for 12+ hours now, and the grip still isn't tacky :(

Soapy water did nothing, rubbing alcohol made it a bit tackier, but it's maybe 25% as grippy as it was before :o

I've played outside with my Synergy Grip and it didn't loose any grip, maybe try the alcohol again, let it sit, then try it again. If all that fails you could put grip on it yourself with Polyurethane spray (sp?)