Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamarquan

Graf Revolt sticks - what's the difference?

Hello everyone, 

As has been well documented, I'm looking for a new stick, and my search has led me to Graf Revolt sticks. I'm probably one of four or five people on this site who uses Junior sticks, but I can discern no difference between the G45 and G95, the middle and top of the line sticks, respectively, aside from a 35 dollar increase in price and 20 gram decrease for the G95. Are there any other differences? I can't find any from HM's description, but I could be wrong.

Probably the same as any other top line vs mid level stick. Different carbon, lighter weight, maybe a differen kick point, etc.

i too have to ask how you ended up with Graf? I have one that I use in my basement playing hockey with my kids. A G55 I think? It's an ok stick, it was cheap and for something that was going to see only a basement floor, it does the job.

46 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Okay I have to ask... how on earth did your search lead you to Graf sticks??

I saw a (I still use Junior) $150 stick available for 75$ and with discounts I could get it for 35, which isn't bad for top of the line, or the G45 for 15. I wanted to know if Graf was any good and if the extra 20 bucks is worth it. What's the problem with Graf? I remember someone saying it was quality, but I could be wrong.

G45 is 60% carbon fiber

G95 is 100% high-modulus carbon fiber 

G45 is basically about 100gr heavier in senior size.

Both are high kick point, square tapered shaft.

I would pay extra $20 and get G95.

9 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I saw a (I still use Junior) $150 stick available for 75$ and with discounts I could get it for 35, which isn't bad for top of the line, or the G45 for 15. I wanted to know if Graf was any good and if the extra 20 bucks is worth it. What's the problem with Graf? I remember someone saying it was quality, but I could be wrong.

Graf isn't exactly a highly regarded brand. If you can get a stick for cheap and that's important to you, then by all means go for it. 

59 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Graf isn't exactly a highly regarded brand. If you can get a stick for cheap and that's important to you, then by all means go for it. 

Getting a stick for cheap is important to me, but if Graf isn't a highly regarded brand I have other options.

Can we all just chip in money to cover the $20 gap so you'll just buy the better stick and quit wringing your hands about it?

I'm someone who was raised on "value," which I think ends up being code for cheap a lot of times. It infects your head, and you spend so much time looking for "THE DEAL" that you miss out on what you want. You're going to keep looking for the ideal stick at the ideal price, and eventually all of your best options will fade away, and you're going to end up with a curve or flex that isn't ideal, or a stick you don't want as much as the one available last week. 

You've narrowed down to a great option at least 3 or 4 times, but you keep holding out for something better. PICK SOMETHING. Spend a little extra on yourself. I know we all come from different financial backgrounds, but if you can afford to play hockey, you can splurge $20 on something you want and will make you happy. 

If you are physically/mentally unable to choose, find someone on here you trust, give them X dollars and have them buy something for you. A blind stick purchasing trust, if you will.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

You have summed it up well. Excuse my French, but Not sure why he keeps polluting this section with useless threads. For f sake you were going to get the t90 for 9$ no? We were numerous to tell you get a few of them, you can't find a better deal, a month you come back with another weird thread...

Balance and weight, basically.  I've been using the G75 Ultra Lite and G95 Revolt for a while now.  They're okay, but nothing that makes me go WOW like I did with the Nexus 1000.

2 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

Getting a stick for cheap is important to me, but if Graf isn't a highly regarded brand I have other options.

"Highly regarded brand" is more of a fashion vocabulary. You buying stick not a brand. If you go the route of brand, you will end up with low end stick from high end brand. For example Sherwood T90 is lower end stick than Graf Revolt G95... especially if T90 is a first generation. However T90 is mid to low kick, while G95 is a high kick and if you look for lower kick stick, G95 is not an optimal choice. If you are new to the hockey and do not know what you need then you might want to get both and wait until you develop a preference. Forget about the brand regards. Note that since Graf is out of biz in US, also forget about their warranty...

Mods please kill this thread and all related threads; enough of this inane search for the holy grail of 20 dollar sticks. Numerous posters have chimed in with thoughtful insights but yet we keep going around in circles. OP "found" his NXG in another  thread and wants to purchase a piece of lumber as an adjunct. He has enough choices that have been suggested by fellow members to purchase a top end stick at great price. How much more needs to be written. 

2 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

You have summed it up well. Excuse my French, but Not sure why he keeps polluting this section with useless threads. For f sake you were going to get the t90 for 9$ no? We were numerous to tell you get a few of them, you can't find a better deal, a month you come back with another weird thread...

It's funny we say then when a lot of English swear words are actually from German, including the one you elided.