Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOV

Easton helmets discontinued? Any E700 replacement/rebrand?

My beloved Easton S19 helmet got cracked so I hopped online to buy a new helmet. I've had mine for several years so it's been a while since I've shopped; I've been very happy with it so I figured I'd just get the latest Easton model similar to the S19. (I like how it fits, as well as it being very low profile -- good for my giant head :wink:). Looked like I'd get the E700, which looks like an evolved S19 with good reviews.

However from what I've seen... have ALL Easton helmets been discontinued? The E700 and lower models are the only ones listed on Easton's own website, yet they do not exist anywhere for sale (even on ebay or clearance, all I can find is small and XS, or in rare colors... need a large, ideally black). I've read some stuff about unbranded or rebranded Easton helmets, but don't really know much about that.

If I cannot find one anywhere, are there any replacements on the horizon? Or a Bauer or something with a nearly identical low-profile shell? Anything with a similar fit? Or is Easton toast and am I starting completely from scratch now looking for an all new brand, style and fit that I like? Thanks!

Easton as a stand alone brand is NO MORE.  I don't think to date Bauer has integrated any of the Easton assets into a Bauer branded product, so more than likely you'll have to look for old stock or go try on everything currently available in the market to find a replacement. 

Good to know, thanks. I see now that Bauer acquired them; I had no idea.

I did find a matte red one in my size online... debating whether to pick that up and attempt to paint it? Or just start looking at other brands from scratch.

It's always hard to tell from photos -- does anyone know of any helmets known for their "low profile"? Something with a similar shell shape to the Eastons (S19, E700, etc)?

21 hours ago, kadayo said:

Check out discounthockey.com. They seem to have what you want. 

That's where I got my S19 and E700 from not too long ago. Just be forewarned, my experience with their customer service was miserable. 

For now I found a black medium sized one on eBay. I measured my head and I think my giant skull can squeeze in 1/8" under the maximum size for the Easton mediums. So if that fits then I'm okay without the large. Otherwise, yeah, I do see a couple white and red larges floating around out there. Maybe I can paint it black if I need to. Thanks!

Hopefully the medium I ordered works, and lasts me another 6 years (I bought my S19 in 2010, so I'm expecting comparable quality and longevity)... and by that time maybe Bauer will have integrated the Easton styles into their line. Either way, thank you for the info to send me in the right direction with Easton being discontinued as a brand. :smile:

6 hours ago, MOV said:

Hopefully the medium I ordered works, and lasts me another 6 years (I bought my S19 in 2010, so I'm expecting comparable quality and longevity)... and by that time maybe Bauer will have integrated the Easton styles into their line. Either way, thank you for the info to send me in the right direction with Easton being discontinued as a brand. :smile:

Just be wary of the certification on the side, some refs may try to ding you if you're above beer league.

On 3/16/2017 at 2:33 PM, Nicholas G said:

That's where I got my S19 and E700 from not too long ago. Just be forewarned, my experience with their customer service was miserable. 

If you have a big head that fit snug in a Large Easton S19, no chance in hell it fits.  Just today I went to the LHS with the same issue - old S19 cracked.  They had an E700 in medium and large.  The medium wouldn't even get on my head.  Large fits exactly like my S19 did.  

-Jim

On 3/15/2017 at 1:37 PM, MOV said:

My beloved Easton S19 helmet got cracked so I hopped online to buy a new helmet. I've had mine for several years so it's been a while since I've shopped; I've been very happy with it so I figured I'd just get the latest Easton model similar to the S19. (I like how it fits, as well as it being very low profile -- good for my giant head :wink:). Looked like I'd get the E700, which looks like an evolved S19 with good reviews.

However from what I've seen... have ALL Easton helmets been discontinued? The E700 and lower models are the only ones listed on Easton's own website, yet they do not exist anywhere for sale (even on ebay or clearance, all I can find is small and XS, or in rare colors... need a large, ideally black). I've read some stuff about unbranded or rebranded Easton helmets, but don't really know much about that.

If I cannot find one anywhere, are there any replacements on the horizon? Or a Bauer or something with a nearly identical low-profile shell? Anything with a similar fit? Or is Easton toast and am I starting completely from scratch now looking for an all new brand, style and fit that I like? Thanks!

I got E700 in med flat black, med white, red large, $75. S19's in med white, lg white, med blue. $70

On 3/23/2017 at 0:35 PM, jimmy said:

I got E700 in med flat black, med white, red large, $75. S19's in med white, lg white, med blue. $70

Any chance you have any more E700/S19 helmets? Medium size.