Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anjin-san

Graf Canada

7 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

PK will most likely be too roomy. Although, too roomy is not necessarily a big problem. I am pretty confident that heel-lock will be ok. But a word of caution - try first and if do not feel right, do not expect baking to help. As far where you can get them? I know that Vaughn made Grafs, PK7700, PK2200, and 755s are being shipped to a number of Canadian skate shops. You can go to grafhockey.com and inquire about any availability for wherever you are. You can also inquire about your specific fit recommendation.

well i've always had W Grafs. so maybe in the PK i would be an R? saw the G9035 in a store today and they looked really nice. they were $800, though

57 minutes ago, asgoodasdead said:

well i've always had W Grafs. so maybe in the PK i would be an R? saw the G9035 in a store today and they looked really nice. they were $800, though

9035 are most likely Graf Canada from before they went under. Those are a bit different than anything of today. They are tanks. Too much going on in there for my liking. Look like kawasaki street bike  more than a skate.

In spite of the Graf criticism in recent years, I can attest to the consistent interest we've received online and in store since the Vaughn buy-in.  Plus, Vaughn has been solid in working with us as they make efforts to revitalize the Graf name. 

We have been skeptical for all the legitimate reasons discussed here, and told them so.  To their credit, they have been pretty receptive and clearly want to develop Graf over the long term.  I've always liked them, and we decided to offer a decent amount of Graf inventory for sale.

My plan is to post a 4K HD video of the PK7700, PK4400 and the G755 skates over the next two weeks, and I'll happily take advice on how I can offer the footage to provide better insight into the current state of the skates.

JG

Finally there will be a review of Vaughn made Graf hockey skates. I think I saw a little bit about DM goalie, but not yet on players skates.

16 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

9035 are most likely Graf Canada from before they went under. Those are a bit different than anything of today. They are tanks. Too much going on in there for my liking. Look like kawasaki street bike  more than a skate.

yeah i watched this and liked it

Wondering if they get any NHL player to wear their skates. Mike Vaughn said they will put serious effort in getting some endorsements by pro players...That has to be tough today with True and CCM going after the pro leagues world wide. 

On 6/18/2017 at 10:41 PM, asgoodasdead said:

i mean tons of pro players wore Grafs over the years even as recent as a few years ago. shouldn't be too hard if guys wore them when they were younger and liked the fit.

Any player who is a Warrior, True or STX guy would be free to pick there skates 

1 hour ago, Jgscenter said:

Any player who is a Warrior, True or STX guy would be free to pick there skates 

I would think True would want their guys wearing True skates.

On 6/18/2017 at 10:41 PM, asgoodasdead said:

i mean tons of pro players wore Grafs over the years even as recent as a few years ago. shouldn't be too hard if guys wore them when they were younger and liked the fit.

I'd be willing to bet those tons of players were actually only a handful and as recent as a few years ago is in fact closer to a decade...if not more. 

I believe as long as you can pitch some features, you can sell it. Otherwise, you'd have to offer something that is cool or makes them stand out. At the end of the day, Graf makes ordinary skates that do not really differ from CCM or Bauer. Unless Vaughn continue with the boutique approach that Graf is currently follows,I do not see them as a great success in NHL and without NHL, it will be pretty hard to capture any of the consumer market. I think this time, Graf needs to compete with VH and leave CCM and Bauer alone. Both VH and Graf are in a kind of niche area where anything goes as far as trim and themeing goes. Graf not being locked to one-piece concept has their own thing to offer. They can make boots that are stiff in one area and flexible in another. So it is not just a "perfect" fit, but also perfect construction for the player. Perhaps if Graf dabbles in that, they can get traction with pros in NHL and elsewhere. I do not think they can comeback as they once were, they have to comeback as a different version of themselves.

4 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

I believe as long as you can pitch some features, you can sell it. Otherwise, you'd have to offer something that is cool or makes them stand out. At the end of the day, Graf makes ordinary skates that do not really differ from CCM or Bauer. Unless Vaughn continue with the boutique approach that Graf is currently follows,I do not see them as a great success in NHL and without NHL, it will be pretty hard to capture any of the consumer market. I think this time, Graf needs to compete with VH and leave CCM and Bauer alone. Both VH and Graf are in a kind of niche area where anything goes as far as trim and themeing goes. Graf not being locked to one-piece concept has their own thing to offer. They can make boots that are stiff in one area and flexible in another. So it is not just a "perfect" fit, but also perfect construction for the player. Perhaps if Graf dabbles in that, they can get traction with pros in NHL and elsewhere. I do not think they can comeback as they once were, they have to comeback as a different version of themselves.

I'm curiously awaiting reviews of the CCM 70K because it sounds a lot like the ideal scenario you describe for Graf: stiff low and more flexible up high, where most would want it.

On 6/18/2017 at 2:27 PM, Kgbeast said:

Finally there will be a review of Vaughn made Graf hockey skates. I think I saw a little bit about DM goalie, but not yet on players skates.

Just so I don't set it up to disappoint, my video of the skates will simply be HD footage and panning stills that show them in great detail.  I'm working with some footage of the G755's and hope to have something out within a week or so.

In the meantime, I was advised that the G755 skates I currently have are "Vaughn-built."  It also appears that there are a few differences between my model and the G755 Pro depicted on the GrafHockey website.  Finally, and good news for those of us who prefer the screws, these Vaughn-built G755's have them.

Anyway, video coming soon ...

JG

Yes, 755s are Vaughns interpretations so they are Vaughn made and probably made in Canada at that. 

Screws are cool in theory, but not as useful as one would exoect. The holes do not line up with other holders so you can not replace without drilling. At the same time, Graf holders are pretty hard to break  so you might never ever actually unscrew those. I doubt anyone would want to try NT3000 in place of already attached LTs. I 5hink it would have been fine to use rivets and perhaps save a few grams.

7 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

Yes, 755s are Vaughns interpretations so they are Vaughn made and probably made in Canada at that. 

Screws are cool in theory, but not as useful as one would exoect. The holes do not line up with other holders so you can not replace without drilling. At the same time, Graf holders are pretty hard to break  so you might never ever actually unscrew those. I doubt anyone would want to try NT3000 in place of already attached LTs. I 5hink it would have been fine to use rivets and perhaps save a few grams.

RMS was smart when they were on Custom+, so you could just unscrew the holder to get at the wingnuts instead of drilling holes in the sole of the boot for it. For Cobras/Ultras, it definitely doesn't make as much sense. The hole pattern problem persists regardless of RMS or rivets used on Graf holders.

17 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

10 hours ago, flip12 said:

RMS was smart when they were on Custom+, so you could just unscrew the holder to get at the wingnuts instead of drilling holes in the sole of the boot for it. For Cobras/Ultras, it definitely doesn't make as much sense. The hole pattern problem persists regardless of RMS or rivets used on Graf holders.

Both fair points ...

From working in a shop, I just developed a hate for copper rivets ...

I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to create more videos (long story ...)

In the meantime, I wanted to post the Graf G755 Pro Skates in HD and hope it's (somehow) helpful ...

(I had to adjust the settings to 4K when I played it back, just FYI ...)

JG

Clean looking skate. A bit of an upgraded version of G735 as I thought. I am wondering how the padding feels in this one. Can you post a pic of what is under the insole? Perhaps laces out, tongue flopped out, with some light or a flash? 

I am hoping Graf will really put an effort in PK line. IMO, 755 pretty nice, but a bit old school, old skate. It should be pretty important to offer a light weight and more modern look. I also think PK tongue is way more functional and ergonomic.

Anyways, thank for putting this up. Videos like this also can help your store recognotion. People forever search new skates on youtube and even this is not a review, they will watch it and see the info at the end.