Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ryan91330

Looking for P28 type curve that's a bit more closed

Hey guys is anyone able to help me out with the lie angle of the TC4 vs P28 ?

i know the TC4 is a 5.5 and the P28 is a 5 but I also know that each companies numbers can be different (like warrior).

is the TC4 actually higher than the 28? 

thanks. 

1 hour ago, ryanmonty said:

i know the TC4 is a 5.5 and the P28 is a 5 but I also know that each companies numbers can be different (like warrior).

thanks. 

From what I can tell overlaying them on one another, they are the same. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ryanmonty said:

thanks. 

Ill preface this all with "my own experience", but I found the TC4 from True to play very different from the other P28 variants that Ive had.  I found it played higher and also felt like it had a bigger/deeper curve, almost more of a big banana curve vs a toe hook/curve.  For context Ive gone through most of the brands (Bauer, Warrior, STX, CCM, True) with the same curve on each.

Again, my experience and I'm admittedly quite picky on my stuff, but figured id share.  YMMV naturally.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Ill preface this all with "my own experience", but I found the TC4 from True to play very different from the other P28 variants that Ive had.  I found it played higher and also felt like it had a bigger/deeper curve, almost more of a big banana curve vs a toe hook/curve.  For context Ive gone through most of the brands (Bauer, Warrior, STX, CCM, True) with the same curve on each.

Again, my experience and I'm admittedly quite picky on my stuff, but figured id share.  YMMV naturally.

Lol I’m also quite picky so I appreciate the feedback. 

Was just buying a stick for my 6yo and saw that Bauer has a new curve called a P01... unfortunately it's only on their kids sticks but wow it looks great, it's like a less open less heal kinked P28, had a nice straight section from heal to mid blade then a nice toe curve, just wish they had a senior version.

Got an email from CCM that theP30 is being discontinued. They did not say when the last batch would be put on sticks. I am cool with this; I think the P90TM will be better anyway. 

Wouldn’t Kucherov’s curve be what you are looking for?

I know myself I am trying to transition from a W28 to a P28 and I find I lose the puck off the toe on a hard pass sometimes. 

I am considering switching to Kucherov myself seeing as it is the Fisher pro 

On 10/19/2019 at 8:26 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

I would wait for this to release

IMG-20191007-205815.jpg

Does anyone know the scoop on this? I got tied up with some stuff and have been out of the game since I was all amped up and calling CCM on the daily back at this time. My stick is getting creaky and I need . new one, and want to try this curve if anyone knows an approximate release date. (Or should I just call CCM again?)

8 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Does anyone know the scoop on this? I got tied up with some stuff and have been out of the game since I was all amped up and calling CCM on the daily back at this time. My stick is getting creaky and I need . new one, and want to try this curve if anyone knows an approximate release date. (Or should I just call CCM again?)

Lots of CCM P90T available as pro stocks. P90TM (Max Height) less so, but I have seen them on hockeystickman.com

colins

13 minutes ago, colins said:

Lots of CCM P90T available as pro stocks. P90TM (Max Height) less so, but I have seen them on hockeystickman.com

colins

Yea I was under the impression that this was coming to retail. Perhaps I was mistaken. I hope it is still coming. 

On 1/19/2020 at 6:09 AM, Cosmic said:

Yea I was under the impression that this was coming to retail. Perhaps I was mistaken. I hope it is still coming. 

Its comming, FT3 is most likely first to go retail. I was lucky to get ribcor 4 pro to test with p90tm, close p92 with toe kink and lower lie. Not so as max compered to p92m but taller than p29.

4 hours ago, VS1598 said:

Its comming, FT3 is most likely first to go retail. I was lucky to get ribcor 4 pro to test with p90tm, close p92 with toe kink and lower lie. Not so as max compered to p92m but taller than p29.

I have been testing this blade and love it. I think its going to quickly become the new "go to" pattern to replace the P92/P29. 

23 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I have been testing this blade and love it. I think its going to quickly become the new "go to" pattern to replace the P92/P29. 

So P90TM is actually just a Max height version of the existing P90T CCM curve, correct?

2 hours ago, colins said:

So P90TM is actually just a Max height version of the existing P90T CCM curve, correct?

I've been using the p90T for a years now, and unless i'm mistaken it has the same lie as a p92, right?  Odd that this has a lower lie!  Maybe they were really trying to hit the middle ground between p28 (5) and p92 (6)? 

6 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

No. Not the same. 

So let me get this straight. You are saying it's not a Max Height version of the P90T?

Here's what we know:

1. CCM makes a P90T for custom/prostock. AKA Pro Benn Curve.

2. P90TM is a Max Height blade, as per CCMs own documentation.

3. You are saying the CCM P90TM is not a Max version of the CCM P90T.

How can this claim hold up? What manager in his right mind runs a stick division with an existing P90T curve and then releases a P90TM which is something other than a Max height P90T?

colins

1 hour ago, colins said:

So let me get this straight. You are saying it's not a Max Height version of the P90T?

Here's what we know:

1. CCM makes a P90T for custom/prostock. AKA Pro Benn Curve.

2. P90TM is a Max Height blade, as per CCMs own documentation.

3. You are saying the CCM P90TM is not a Max version of the CCM P90T.

How can this claim hold up? What manager in his right mind runs a stick division with an existing P90T curve and then releases a P90TM which is something other than a Max height P90T?

colins

When I get back home I will take a pic of it next to a P28, P29/92, and a P90T and you will see they aren't nearly the same. 

Does this make sense? No. But I dont work for CCM so I didnt pick the naming convention. 

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

When I get back home I will take a pic of it next to a P28, P29/92, and a P90T and you will see they aren't nearly the same. 

Does this make sense? No. But I dont work for CCM so I didnt pick the naming convention. 

I think the confusion is stemming from you possibly quoting the wrong post. He’s talking about the difference between p90t and p90tm, so showing pictures of p28, p29 and p90t isn’t going to show that difference 

12 minutes ago, Stewie said:

I think the confusion is stemming from you possibly quoting the wrong post. He’s talking about the difference between p90t and p90tm, so showing pictures of p28, p29 and p90t isn’t going to show that difference 

He's offering to take a photo of 4 sticks.  A P90t, a P90TM, a P28 and a P29.  I would say that it WILL show any differences between a 90T and a 90TM quite clearly and throw in a couple other well known patterns for reference as well.   I'm curious to see that the 90TM will look like when the FT3s drop later this year, so I for one would really appreciate it @SkateWorksPNW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puckstopper said:

He's offering to take a photo of 4 sticks.  A P90t, a P90TM, a P28 and a P29.  I would say that it WILL show any differences between a 90T and a 90TM quite clearly and throw in a couple other well known patterns for reference as well.   I'm curious to see that the 90TM will look like when the FT3s drop later this year, so I for one would really appreciate it @SkateWorksPNW

I would just add not all P90T CCM are labelled as such. Some are sold as P90T but with just a player's name on the shaft it's down to the seller sometimes claiming it's a P90T when it could be some other custom pattern.

I would just want to confirm for sure we are talking a confirmed CCM P90T build when comparing to the P90TM.

4 hours ago, puckstopper said:

My mistake, misread it. 

On 2/14/2020 at 9:38 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Just noticed hockeystickman.com has a P90TM in stock, and they list it as "Pro Benn/Max Blade". 

colins