Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
savage_sultin

Neck guard for long hair

My daughter is 9 and for the longest time her hair has been getting caught in the Velcro closure on her neck guard. To fix the issue I’ve tried removing the Velcro and putting magnets. But they are not holding well enough. Magnets are made to hold with opposite strength not so much for linear strength. So the magnets as she moves her body and head the magnets will move across each other’s surfaces and let go. Any suggestions other than magnets for keeping the guard closed. 

Edited by savage_sultin

Aren't there base-layer shirts with the throat guard built in? I'm legitimately asking a question because I'm not sure. Or do those include Velcro too?

11 hours ago, JoeyJ0506 said:

Aren't there base-layer shirts with the throat guard built in? I'm legitimately asking a question because I'm not sure. Or do those include Velcro too?

This right here. Most are zippered with a Velcro closure up top

My daughter wears the Bauer baselayer with the built in neck protection and has never had issues with the Velcro.  She use to let it flow, but does a pony now.  FWIW. 

• Thanks 1