Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jordan_Rex

STEP is now owned by CCM

43 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

All I can say is.... damn glad I stocked up on STEP Edge when the lawsuit was settled!!

I wish I had. eBay only has Blacksteel in very big or very small sizes. Found a pair on SidelineSwap to buy some time.

I too am interested in how this affects True skates from this point forward.  I'm sure this has been discussed before, but does anyone know if the XS holder holes line up with the 1st gen True holders and the Shift holders?  Or do you need to drill new holes?

13 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

I too am interested in how this affects True skates from this point forward.  I'm sure this has been discussed before, but does anyone know if the XS holder holes line up with the 1st gen True holders and the Shift holders?  Or do you need to drill new holes?

I know the Shift holders are symmetrical. I don't believe the XS holders are so there would probably be at least a couple new holes. I'm sure that if True can't work something out with CCM/Step, they'll find another great steel company, like Tydan, for instance, to make their steel. I'm also sure they had a signed agreement to produce the steel for at least a certain period of time. I'm guessing they'll have to honor that agreement.

Edited by darkhors

41 minutes ago, darkhors said:

I know the Shift holders are asymmetrical. I don't believe the XS holders are [...]

I think it's the other way around, Shift holders are symmetrical, XS are not. Either way, you're right, new holes would be needed.

2 minutes ago, Giltis said:

I think it's the other way around, Shift holders are symmetrical, XS are not. Either way, you're right, new holes would be needed.

Yeah I mixed it up 🙂 I'll change my post.

16 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

If you head to the STEP BLADES instagram, there is a comment on the announcement from STEP that reads ' We are still fabricating the same range of blades as before, with the exception of the Bauer LIGHTSPEED EDGE and VERTEXX EDGE holder.'

i think at least for the short term they will continue manufacturing as usual.

)instagram, there is a comment on the announcment  from STEP that reads '

16 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Yes, the XS and TUUK holders line up with the first generation TRUE holders without needing new holes. The new SHIFT holder will require you to and drill out all new holes. I would highly recommend filling the old holes too. 

19 hours ago, thelaterskater said:

I wish I had. eBay only has Blacksteel in very big or very small sizes. Found a pair on SidelineSwap to buy some time.

It's still pretty easy to find, the issue is people are now starting to charge a premium for the steel. I have seen some smaller stores charge double MSRP which is ridiculous.  

I've got a pair of Blacksteels and Tydan Blacks for my Vapor 2x Pro's.  At the rate I sharpen...I'm set for life. My AS1's have the SB4+, so not rushing to get another pair of Blacks for them.