Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

AS3...curious?

I really dig the AS1's.  I go between them and Vapor 2X Pro's, depending on how many times a week I play/coach.  My only "issue" with my AS1's is the boot cuff is so stiff I need to wear a silicone ankle sleeve for them to be comfortable. I'm curious as to whether this has been mitigated in the AS3...they mention "comfort" quite a few times, but marketing is marketing.  Anyone have a chance to actually lace 'em up?

Second game back tonight...first was 8 skaters (v 15)...tonight...6 of us🤮🤣🏒🇨🇦🥅

On 6/26/2020 at 9:33 AM, Jbear said:

I really dig the AS1's.  I go between them and Vapor 2X Pro's, depending on how many times a week I play/coach.  My only "issue" with my AS1's is the boot cuff is so stiff I need to wear a silicone ankle sleeve for them to be comfortable. I'm curious as to whether this has been mitigated in the AS3...they mention "comfort" quite a few times, but marketing is marketing.  Anyone have a chance to actually lace 'em up?

Second game back tonight...first was 8 skaters (v 15)...tonight...6 of us🤮🤣🏒🇨🇦🥅

The AS3 Pro is very comfortable compared to the AS1. CCM included the donut and forefoot foams in the AS3 Pro which they previously offered as a custom option for the AS1. The skate has a better foot lock and much more padding now.  

On 6/30/2020 at 8:54 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

The AS3 Pro is very comfortable compared to the AS1. CCM included the donut and forefoot foams in the AS3 Pro which they previously offered as a custom option for the AS1. The skate has a better foot lock and much more padding now.  

Nice to know they added forefoot foam. As1 were literally the wick liner over the shell. Do u know if the foam goes over where the boot meets the toe cap? I had issues with the as1 where the ridge where the toe cap and quarter package attached dug into my pinky. 

Edited by Sniper9

Good intel! My only issue...the top of the boot.  The silicone sleeve does mitigate this but if the AS3 has that comfort...they're gonna be my next skate. The AS1 feels like part of my body with regard to fit. 

Does anyone know if the width of the skate, and the width of the toe box has changed from the AS1, and the original Super Tacks? 

I’m not sure which one to go with between the AS1 and AS3 Pro. No stores near me have the AS3 Pro yet. 

Anyone else experience a ton of pressure downward where the tongue and the toecap meet? I wanted to get a pair of these so bad but in D and EE there was too much material where the two parts met making my toes go numb in minutes, I was explained that this isn't something that could be fixed with customs so I went with a pair of custom Ultrasonic instead. I had my heart set on these coming from Super Tacks but I just couldn't make them work retail or justify the risk on customs when I didn't have that problem at all with the supreme. 

No issues with that myself.  I also have a pair of Adrenaline Powerfoot cushions in there... they're comfortable for me. I'm a size 11 shoe (hikers and running) and wear a 7.5 D skate. These feel perfect to me.  As I mentioned, I use 2x Pros as well...those were a tiny bit snug in the forefoot, but the heat gun took care of that.

The awesome thing is that there are so many choices...you don't have to skate in something that doesn't feel right...even without custom skates.  I had a pair of '78 Super all Tacks through my college career.  There was a bump-out in the toe cap of my right skate...I just skated through it (lots of teammates had similar issues) .  My right big toe is permanently misshapen from that. Nobody has to go through that anymore! Find your wheels Bro and don't look back👍🥅🇨🇦🏒😎

Edited by Jbear

22 hours ago, cougarscaptain87 said:

Anyone else experience a ton of pressure downward where the tongue and the toecap meet? I wanted to get a pair of these so bad but in D and EE there was too much material where the two parts met making my toes go numb in minutes, I was explained that this isn't something that could be fixed with customs so I went with a pair of custom Ultrasonic instead. I had my heart set on these coming from Super Tacks but I just couldn't make them work retail or justify the risk on customs when I didn't have that problem at all with the supreme. 

I think that is due to the new tongue system. 

21 hours ago, Jbear said:

No issues with that myself.  I also have a pair of Adrenaline Powerfoot cushions in there... they're comfortable for me. I'm a size 11 shoe (hikers and running) and wear a 7.5 D skate. These feel perfect to me.  As I mentioned, I use 2x Pros as well...those were a tiny bit snug in the forefoot, but the heat gun took care of that.

The awesome thing is that there are so many choices...you don't have to skate in something that doesn't feel right...even without custom skates.  I had a pair of '78 Super all Tacks through my college career.  There was a bump-out in the toe cap of my right skate...I just skated through it (lots of teammates had similar issues) .  My right big toe is permanently misshapen from that. Nobody has to go through that anymore! Find your wheels Bro and don't look back👍🥅🇨🇦🏒😎

I like the ability to swap tongues. They seem to be the main thing that I wear through quickly on skates so having the ability to just swap the tongue when it starts to lose it shape or denisty is nice. This was the thing I always loved about TRUE so I am glad to see other larger companies starting to adopt this. 

Hi

I had just noticed that the new AS3 pro skates in Jr sizes goes up to 6.5 now. When did that change? I am a little confused as to what size to get and how they would fit. 

I am currently in the Super Tacks 5.5 EE, I've always been in a CCM 5.5 EE except for the original RBZ I had to go down to a 4.5. 

I am about to purchase the AS3 Pro but I do not have the luxury to try them on first. Would it be safe to buy the 5.5 EE or do I need to go up to sz 6?

Thank you in advance

On 7/6/2020 at 10:08 PM, 2minRoughin said:

Hi

I had just noticed that the new AS3 pro skates in Jr sizes goes up to 6.5 now. When did that change? I am a little confused as to what size to get and how they would fit. 

I am currently in the Super Tacks 5.5 EE, I've always been in a CCM 5.5 EE except for the original RBZ I had to go down to a 4.5. 

I am about to purchase the AS3 Pro but I do not have the luxury to try them on first. Would it be safe to buy the 5.5 EE or do I need to go up to sz 6?

Thank you in advance

I think the only reason jr goes up to 6.5 is bc Bauer now offers intermediate size pricing, which 6.5 falls under. They prob realize for the most part those sizes cater to youths that are still growing and they lose quite a large age group if they charge parents 1000+ for skates their kids are only going to wear a year max. This way it's easier to stomach spending 7-800 vs 1000. Just my guess. 

Great info guys, thanks!!  

One additional question, anyone have a guess when the AS3 will be available for the Custom skate options, still only Jetspeed and AS1 right now. 

My son has a half size or slightly larger foot size difference and needs new skates, was hoping to take advantage of the new tech. 

7 hours ago, gokdog said:

Great info guys, thanks!!  

One additional question, anyone have a guess when the AS3 will be available for the Custom skate options, still only Jetspeed and AS1 right now. 

My son has a half size or slightly larger foot size difference and needs new skates, was hoping to take advantage of the new tech. 

Pretty sure they are already available for customs. Wouldn't make sense that retail would be out and not custom.  Usually it's the customs that come out before the retail versions. I've already seen pics on IG from local shops with as3 customs coming in as of two weeks ago. 

On 7/3/2020 at 4:18 PM, cougarscaptain87 said:

On 7/3/2020 at 2:36 PM, Mario123 said:

Does anyone know if the width of the skate, and the width of the toe box has changed from the AS1, and the original Super Tacks? 

I’m not sure which one to go with between the AS1 and AS3 Pro. No stores near me have the AS3 Pro yet. 

I'm not sure about the AS1, but I would definitely say the AS3 forefoot fits much tighter than the previous gen two piece Tacks.  The 9090 Tacks fit me pretty much perfectly in the forefoot, but the AS3 in the same size was crushing my foot to the point that all of my toes were completely numb in about 2 minutes.  The connection point of the new tongue system was also putting a fair bit of pressure on the top of my foot.

5 hours ago, boo10 said:

I'm not sure about the AS1, but I would definitely say the AS3 forefoot fits much tighter than the previous gen two piece Tacks.  The 9090 Tacks fit me pretty much perfectly in the forefoot, but the AS3 in the same size was crushing my foot to the point that all of my toes were completely numb in about 2 minutes.  The connection point of the new tongue system was also putting a fair bit of pressure on the top of my foot.

I'm currently in the first super tacks that has the one piece boot in a size 9EE they fit decent but are a hair short and are a hair shallow. I ripped the liner, the outer skin is peeling, and I'm honestly just ready for some new skates so in my mind the AS3 in a custom size were going to be my new skates but I couldn't find a size that didn't crush my toes/where my toes attach to my forefoot and I also had the numb toes very quickly. I ended up getting Ultra Sonics in the sizes I needed and the retails felt great other than the length discrepancy my feet have. I was told you can not have the tongue sewn into the boot to eliminate that pressure so I crossed CCM off my list for this product cycle.

On 7/13/2020 at 6:42 PM, Sniper9 said:

Pretty sure they are already available for customs. Wouldn't make sense that retail would be out and not custom.  Usually it's the customs that come out before the retail versions. I've already seen pics on IG from local shops with as3 customs coming in as of two weeks ago. 

I have customs. Had them made a few weeks ago. They havent updated the website/app and all of the literature yet but just assume where it says custom AS1 they mean custom AS3 Pro. 

Anyone else have input on the tounge attachment point issue?  Are many of you having discomfort? Love my AS1's...they feel like part of my foot.  want to get AS3 Pros (hoping for the same fit), but I'm not sure I'll be able to try them on first.  I'm in 7.5 (11 sneaker size) and if these fit differently...I'm going to have to wait until I get my feet in a pair.

2 hours ago, Jbear said:

Anyone else have input on the tounge attachment point issue?  Are many of you having discomfort? Love my AS1's...they feel like part of my foot.  want to get AS3 Pros (hoping for the same fit), but I'm not sure I'll be able to try them on first.  I'm in 7.5 (11 sneaker size) and if these fit differently...I'm going to have to wait until I get my feet in a pair.

I wouldn't worry too much. With the 90-day satisfaction guarantee you can buy them and if they dont work for you just return them and get your money back