Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sniper#39

NHL & PA to meet Wed Jan 19

Maybe I won't discard this AVI just yet..... :unsure:

[EDIT]...I was optimistic...then pessimistic...then optimistic...now, I'm pessimistic again *sigh!*

I doubt they'll have everyone back from Europe and all the junk ready to go less than 10 days from the meeting. We all can hope it leads to something though! I'd just scrap this season anyways, 3 months and ice problems will start to arise..

I heard Bettman & Goodenow will not be at the meeting, so I don't anything will come out of the meeting.

As much as I hate to say it...I think we should just scrap the season. It's going to be too short to be meaningful.

well they could always extetend the season, not like theres a law sayin hockey cant be played in july but then you get issues with the following season but im sure they could work it out if they can solve the CBA issue

I heard Bettman & Goodenow will not be at the meeting, so I don't anything will come out of the meeting.

Ya never know...maybe without those 2 chucklheads there...these guys can come up with something they like and go back to their people and strongly recommend that they take it...

As much as I hate to say it...I think we should just scrap the season. It's going to be too short to be meaningful.

Actually there is a better chance progress will be made without them being there. Neither one of them will have to be the one to "give in" on any part of the deal.

some reports on sports radio are stating that Anaheim and Pheonix have called emergency arrangements to setup training camp!

Hope its true! Everybody keep your fingers crossed!

some reports on sports radio are stating that Anaheim and Pheonix have called emergency arrangements to setup training camp!

Let's hockey begin... :blink:

Well it's bad to live in -25°C wheater when there is no hockey.

If it were to happen and if we were to have a 30 game season it may be the best hockey in a long, long time. No screwing around and level 5 intensity from front to back. New rule changes may also add to the quality.

Glad to see these guys have finally woken up and decided the way to MAYBE make progress is by eliminating the two problem childs.

If the NHL does not come back by next Christmas I fear it is dead.

I just heard that on ESPN

Im glad someone finally took this into their own hands and ran with it. I know there is nothing final but this is the best attempt I have seen at getting something done that I have seen since the end of last season. I hope that Linden can save the game, if not for this season, then the next. And if this small meeting works with out the 2 figure heads, then they both need to be fired as it would seem the problem was or is Bettman and Goodenow

If it were to happen and if we were to have a 30 game season it may be the best hockey in a long, long time. No screwing around and level 5 intensity from front to back. New rule changes may also add to the quality.

That depends on how many players stay in Europe when the NHL resumes play. Rumors are that Kovalchuk and several other players have committed for the rest of the season for their Euro teams and won't be coming back.

The intensity may be there but some of the top talent may not be.

If it were to happen and if we were to have a 30 game season it may be the best hockey in a long, long time.  No screwing around and level 5 intensity from front to back.  New rule changes may also add to the quality.

That depends on how many players stay in Europe when the NHL resumes play. Rumors are that Kovalchuk and several other players have committed for the rest of the season for their Euro teams and won't be coming back.

The intensity may be there but some of the top talent may not be.

Good point but I am sure plenty of those guys have loopholes to get out of their commitments due to the NHL resuming. Either way it would be a huge first step.

RDS got news from the Coyotes that their coach ordered them to be ready cause the camp might start in about a week. Could they be THAT close to a deal??

Just came back from pickup at the Family Sport (where the Avs practice). Rumor had it that Foote was looking for a place to workout in the near future. Other rumors had a Feb 1 camp start date.

Friend of a friend of a friend ... take it for what its worth ... 1 nickel! :D

I personally think nothing is going to get done until the players are willing to accept a hard cap. I don't know why they can't meet in the middle somewhere, if they get a 6 year deal say work a hard cap in after the second year of the deal. As for this year I'd be very surprised if there is any type of NHL season.