Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tokes

How much would it cost to fix this?

I just got my pair of gloves that have "only been used 4 times" and are in "basically perfect condition" but i'm a little disapointed to say the least :rolleyes:

The gloves are in good condition, except for this HUGE gaping hole on the padding on the right ring finger. The plastic insert is about to fall out, and it looks like a dog chewed into it or something. If I had known these gloves had a big chunk like this missing, I would have spent $10 USD more intially and got a brand new pair, and not had to pay 30 dollars brokerage fee because he shipped it UPS. On to the damage.

tokes1320-damage.jpg

tokes1320-damage2.jpg

tokes1320-damage3.jpg

If it's going to be more than maybe 10 bucks to have the foam replaced and that one finger recovered in leather I'm going to be pretty pissed off.

tokes1320-whole.jpg

One more of the whole glove. The rest of the gloves are in great condition, but that's just dishonest to not mention something this big.

man that blows. This is goig ot on a limb, but that damage DOES look like it was chewed by a small animal, maybe a rodent. I was finding the same looking holes in my baseball gear back in highschool, and eventually figured out that mice in the lockeroom were getting into my stuff and chewing it up. Was the package damaged at all when you recieved it??

like i said, its a far-fetched idea, my guess would be you had a dishonest seller. I would get on him/her about it and see if you can get some of your money back

Done complaining yet? call a repair shop and ask them.

www.fixitbymail.com

They told me they'd need to see the glove in person before they could tell me how much it would be, plus on top of that I don't really feel like spending 15 bucks to ship them out, and then 10 bucks on top of that to get them shipped back to me.

There was no damage at all to the packaging. It was in a large padded envelope that was completely sealed.

If you don't want to pay to send it somewhere to get fixed, you're screwed anyway. Unless you have a top notch place in your hometown. If that's the case, it brings more questions to mind.

If you don't want to pay to send it somewhere to get fixed, you're screwed anyway. Unless you have a top notch place in your hometown. If that's the case, it brings more questions to mind.

If it comes down to it I'll pony up and send them to that hockey fix it place, I've heard they do good work, but I already had to spend 32 dollars more on these than I planned on because of UPS brokerage fees, and it just keeps adding up especially on a limited budget with only a part time job. Apparently there's a shop in town that does some decent repair work on gloves, so I'm gonna go check them out, and send some pictures to fix it by mail and see what they say.

If you're OK with how it would look, just paint over it with a bunch of Pro-Toe like you would the toe caps of your skates. I've see a guy do that with an old set of Rawlings gloves and it seems to work. Just make a good shell over the whole finger didget.

Nah, I'd like to get it fixed right the first time. I've spent the past few hours on the phone and driving around. The cheapshit place in my mall wanted 15 bucks to sew another piece of leather over the hole, wtf. So far there's 2 places, each about 30 minutes away, that said about 20 dollars to completely fix it with new foam and matching leather.

They do look brand new except for that huge chunk missing. Now I know why the seller wanted to get rid of them. I know your trying to be polite with the mentioning the members name but the seller shouldnt get away with this.

other than that one finger, and a little on the middle, they do look brand new. you should just see if the seller will help you out. if not ust the good/bad seller list and find the most cost-efficient way to fix it correctly.

I might believe the 4 games thing, but "basically perfect condition" is crazy. Did you see any pics before you bought?

I saw pictures, but on the ones of the front/top of the glove the right ring finger was conveniently tucked a little lower so I couldn't see the bottom half of the finger.

I don't know how this could have happened playing hockey, but the damage done and all the other small scratches and punctures in the leather it looks like a small rodent was chewing and scratching on it. I've tried to get a hold of the seller but he isn't on here much, and rarely on AIM.

The gloves other than that are inv ery good condition, the only other thing is the little elasticky band that connects the cuff along the bottom of the palm to the other sides of the band are cut, but I would do that anyways.

a shoe repair store is usually the best bet to get that kind of stuff fixed... with regards to $15. thats what you get for them being the ones that know how to fix this problem. with regards to the condition of the gloves and the shipping costs... shame on you for not seeing pics of the gloves, and specifying a form of shipping. buyer be ware!!!

or is should say of the entire glove! and personally, i think you should call the seller out on the problem. if he didnt tell you about the problem... thats bs and you should make it know. hey, ebay has comments about sellers... let others know that the guys isnt honest.