Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Which team will win the Superbowl?

Which team will win the Superbowl???  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not saying the Eagles won't lose, just that I'm surprised how many people are picking the Falcons despite the matchup.

And not that I think Andy Reid is a bad coach, but his decisions have been suspect in the NFCCG's.

If they lose, I suspect that nothing much will change and they'll be back there next year going through the same thing over again.

I'd really like to see Vick go up against the battered and broken secondary of my Patriots, but I'm thinking that the Eagles will get it done. There's no way Roethlisberger will beat the Patriots. if you remeber when the Pats lost to the Steelers, Duce Staley ran all over us. Duce isnt active for this game and there aint a chance in hell Bettis will run all over us.

Bottom Line: Pats over Eagles by a Vinatieri field goal.

Are you kidding??? bettis is goddam tank if he wanted to he could run through a brick wall.. and Big Ben just had a bad game cause hese a rookie! in his first season he brings a team to the playoffs how would you play in his situation?

Birds have this game in the bag. ;) There is no way in hell they will loose it again, or there shouldn't be. Snow should be a plus for the Eagles....GA=snow? Ha...

It's a Pennsylvania Superbowl.

I hope for NE to play the Birds in the big one, but have a good feeling we'll stop flying just behind Pitt.

(_E_)__

/ òó \

( (_) )

(¨¨l¨ l

|_\_\===D·:´¨`:·.

|_/_/ :::

|___) Falcons

the pats are going to absolutly slap the steelers around. as long as they have dillon, which they didn't the last time they played the steelers, they will win for sure. it doesnt matter who is out on defense because the rest of them make up for it. its like this every year, everybody underestimates the pats including all the guys on ESPN, then they come out and beat all the over hyped teams. they just find a way to win no matter who they play.

I just looked at the Steelers schedule for the season. First of all, they beat NE and Philly and you have to give them credit for that. However, those are the only teams they played that were any good, unless you want to count the Jets. And they only beat the Jets because of a Bettis TD run and PASS. Most of the season they played bad teams.

Cincy, home and road

Baltimore, home and road

Cleveland, home and road

Dallas

Washington

Giants

Miami

Oakland

I go back to the record of teams facing Belicheck for the second time in a season. The other team never wins the rematch against him. It should be interesting in any case.

Okay, I know a guy who's probably the biggest die-hard Steelers fan and even he questions Roth-, Roeth-, the Steelers' QB being able to beat the Pats. The Pats went against the most cerebral QB around and look what they did to him. They'll have to win behind Duce and Bettis.

My vote is for the Eagles, snow in Philadelphia this weekend would benefit the Eagles since Vick will be slowed down by it and the Eagles have the better D as well as Westbrook who will dominate the game just like last week. 

The Falcons have a better running game with two backs and Vick, The Eagles use the pass far more and only have one good back. Snow favors Atlanta.

A large majority of Vick's runs as well as many of Dunn's are to the outside, meaning those two won't be as effective in the snow. Duckett is the teams only power back and with Trotter I can't see the Falcons ramming the ball down the Eagles throats. As for Philly the have Westbrook who can hold his own when running up the middle but is more efficinent in open field and Levens who is likely to get the ball a lot more than usual. As well with the addition of Trotter Philliy is superior in run defence and McNabb is a better passer and pocket quarterback than Vick is.

That's a little unfair mack. Atlanta's secondary sucks. Atlanta is also a very good running team where Philly is a passing team. As a result, Philly has had many more plays against their defense than Atlanta has (which is why Philly doesn't rank very high in passing yards given up per game, but is at the top in passing yards per completion defended).

Bottom line is that Atlanta gave up 5 more points per game than Philly did. And that was with Philly playing their 3rd string guys the last two games and giving up a ton of points.

I didn't realize Philly had such a cream puff schedule. They only had about 4 real games all season. Not that atlanta had to run a gauntlet by any stretch of the imagination.

The Eagles are in the NFC, of course they had a creampuff schedule. We did beat the Giants, who played well at the end of the season, the Vikes, Ravens, and we man-handled the Packers. The Rams and the Bengals (who were playing very well at the end of the season) would have been real games, but we didn't play our starters for either one of those.

How is Philly superior in run D when they were ranked lower than Atlanta?

Because stats and rankings don't tell the whole story. Their run D was pretty bad durring the begining of the season but then they moved Trotter to middle LB when Simoneau wnet down. Their run D has been much better since then. Here's a piece of an article about it with the stats as of November 23rd. They have stayed on that course:

All of a sudden, run defense isn't a liability for this team, it's a strength. Trotter gives the Eagles such a mighty presence in the middle it carries over to all 10 other guys on the field, carries over even to everybody on the sidelines.

How else do you explain this: The Eagles have allowed 4.7 yards per run and 126 yards per game in the seven games Trotter did not start this year. They have allowed 3.5 yards per run and 96 yards per game in the three games he has started - at Cleveland when Simoneau was hurt and Dallas and Washington Trotter he permanently replaced Simoneau.

That's a 25 percent improvement in yards per carry and a 24 percent improvement in yards per game.

They are a different defense with him.

They are a different team with him.

And honestly, what kind of running teams have the Eagles played? I'll give them Pittsburgh, but I'm not sure of who else they've played other than the obvious NFC East teams, only one of which (NY) had any kind of a running game.

You could say that. You could also say that Green was already hurting with rib problems and had 11 carries. Don't know who to credit that to more though: Philly for getting up like 35-0 or the GB defence shitting the bed.

The Green Bay running game this year was pretty weak. Green was injured, Fisher was injured, and Davenport was injured. The Pack never had a solid running game throughout the entire season because someone was always banged up. Other than that, I still think the NFC doesn't have an ice cube's chance in hell, and that the Pats are going to be Super Bowl champs.

Like I said earlier, the AFC Championship was pretty much the Super Bowl. I can't see the Eagles winning, but if they do I'll be very surprised.

IM loving livnig in New England right now. First the sox and of course the pats. There Goin all the way....again. Im severly missing the bruins, but the monarchs will do just fine