Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Does Bauer still offer tech-mesh as an option in custom Vapors? I haven't seen a recent Vapor model dressed like that in the last few years.

I've been nostalgicurious about Vapors lately. My last pair of Bauers were the original generation Vapor 8s. I loved how they got soft around the top 3 eyelets. The only pro I know of still wearing the tech-mesh build (was it called Mosoca towards the end of the glorious '10s? (Before the CoronApocalypse...)) is Thrill Kessel. Are there any others out there?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flip12 said:

Does Bauer still offer tech-mesh as an option in custom Vapors? I haven't seen a recent Vapor model dressed like that in the last few years.

I've been nostalgicurious about Vapors lately. My last pair of Bauers were the original generation Vapor 8s. I loved how they got soft around the top 3 eyelets. The only pro I know of still wearing the tech-mesh build (was it called Mosoca towards the end of the glorious '10s? (Before the CoronApocalypse...)) is Thrill Kessel. Are there any others out there?

Bauer used to do them as customs, I think they were called V-Cuts. @dkmiller3356has a pair. There are quite a few NHLer's in tech-mesh boots. They look like the regular curv version minus the shine. Jonathan Toews is probably the most notable. 

• Like 1

The latest tech-mesh boot was called Mosoca and it had the 2X Pro graphics. Not too many tech-mesh guys out there anymore.

The following players are still wearing tech-mesh Vapors:

Artturi Lehkonen
Andrew Cogliano
Jamie Benn
Luke Glendening
Jake Guentzel
Rickard Rakell
Alex Tuch
Eric Staal
Evgenii Dadonov
Justin Braun
Erik Gustafsson
Matt Irwin
Jonathan Toews
Jake McCabe
Jack Johnson
Jarred Tinordi
Nikolaj Ehlers
Tyson Barrie
Vince Dunn
Phil Kessel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 11:43 AM, stick9 said:

Bauer used to do them as customs, I think they were called V-Cuts. @dkmiller3356has a pair. There are quite a few NHLer's in tech-mesh boots. They look like the regular curv version minus the shine. Jonathan Toews is probably the most notable. 

I love mine and when they give up the ghost I'll be really challenged to find a skate that works for me.