Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
skates73

Hyperlite 2 skates

2 hours ago, mojo122 said:

I would categorize it as tweaks to the tongue and HyperFlex outsole plus the new PowerFly holder.

Doesn't it have a significant amount more padding as well. 

On 1/10/2024 at 7:41 AM, Sniper9 said:

Doesn't it have a significant amount more padding as well. 

I wouldn't say more padding, just higher density foams. 

On 1/10/2024 at 5:26 AM, mojo122 said:

I would categorize it as tweaks to the tongue and HyperFlex outsole plus the new PowerFly holder.

Agreed. Incremental changes. 

Are the vapors generally higher or lower cut than the Supremes. In this case, are the hyperlites higher or lower cut than the machs?

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Are the vapors generally higher or lower cut than the Supremes. In this case, are the hyperlites higher or lower cut than the machs?

Vapor is lower cut than the Supreme. 

Edited by VegasHockey

1 hour ago, VegasHockey said:

Vapor is lower cut than the Supreme. 

After asking the question, I actually went out and measured both the hyperlites 2 and machs in store. They are both 6" from the bottom of the boot to the cuff.  Ccm ft6 pros are the same as well, and true hzrdus more or less in that range give or take a couple mm. 

36 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

After asking the question, I actually went out and measured both the hyperlites 2 and machs in store. They are both 6" from the bottom of the boot to the cuff.  Ccm ft6 pros are the same as well, and true hzrdus more or less in that range give or take a couple mm. 

Wouldn’t it matter where ankle foams finish wrapping your ankle? The edge of the boots can be the same height, but if the foams stop at different heights and the cuff flares beyond that, wouldn’t that change the effective height? 

2 minutes ago, start_today said:

Wouldn’t it matter where ankle foams finish wrapping your ankle? The edge of the boots can be the same height, but if the foams stop at different heights and the cuff flares beyond that, wouldn’t that change the effective height? 

Correct.  

My question regarding height was moreso how the edge of the cuff depending on the skate height can dig into the outside of my leg and not so much the technical aspect sof the ankle padding itself. 

Edited by Sniper9