Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
pisani34

9K girdle custom thigh adjustments

I've been using a 9K large girdle for some time now but for whatever reason, it's giving me the fits now getting caught up on the top of my shin pads when going into deep knee bends.

Since I'm shorter and in a size L, I do have the thigh guards pulled up quite a bit, even moreso than what is generally "acceptable" on the velcro portion.  I also leave the thigh guards very loose on the thigh straps as well.

Is there a certain setting of the straps that will help alleviate this, or maybe even putting back on the shin pads the little thigh guards (removed from my rbk shins).

I only had/have issues like that when I had that thigh piece on my shins which is why I always cut them off.  I wore 9K's for years before switching to Super Tacks, the 9K doesn't have much in ways of adjusting from what you've already done but you could try shortening the adjustment strap (double up and sew together to make shorter, or sew on more velcro so you have more adjustment room).  Maybe also try adding a wrap of tape to the top of the knee part of your shin guard?

I know many people tape down the top part of the shin pad with tape. It's easiest if you wear a baselayer so it has something to adhere to instead of skin. 

Another option is if there's too much overlap is to attach more velcro to the top of the connection so the thigh guards can sit a little higher.

Taping down the top flap of the shin pad is the easiest option though

Edited by x-axis

Howdy,

Maybe counter-intuitive, but if you make the thigh pad sit lower down, will it be less likely to get caught by the top of the shin guard in a deep bend?

Mark