Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Shogun

Bauer Aetrex insoles

Has anyone tried these? Are they like the Speed Plate’s? ( 1 and 2). Pros and cons, pls. Thanks!

Nothing like SpeedPlates.  SpeedPlates were hard and rigid while these are soft, but I wouldn't say squishy either.  Been using them and IMO out of the box they're more comfortable than SuperFeet.  

17 hours ago, Shogun said:

Has anyone tried these? Are they like the Speed Plate’s? ( 1 and 2). Pros and cons, pls. Thanks!

They offer little support and aren't worth the price IMO. Basically a glorified stock insole. 

On 7/3/2024 at 4:10 AM, mojo122 said:

Nothing like SpeedPlates.  SpeedPlates were hard and rigid while these are soft, but I wouldn't say squishy either.  Been using them and IMO out of the box they're more comfortable than SuperFeet.  

No experience with SpeedPlates, but son had set of New Aetrex insoles in skates when trying on in shop and said comfort was enough make him want to make switch from Superfeet…

Curious to hear more reports and comparisons between the two on ice.

On 7/4/2024 at 3:34 PM, OCpuckhead11 said:

No experience with SpeedPlates, but son had set of New Aetrex insoles in skates when trying on in shop and said comfort was enough make him want to make switch from Superfeet…

Curious to hear more reports and comparisons between the two on ice.

I finally got a pair and haven't skated on them yet but can say that just from trying them on I can tell right away it solves the issue I had in my left skate where my foot twists a little because I'm at the absolute left most extreme of Bauers scale in foot arch (according to the scan). I don't really take up all the space in a Fit 1, due to this, something that I've tried to get around for years but trying all sorts of weird lace tying combinations and lace bite gel pads to fill the gaps. 

Barely even tied the skates, way looser than I would on the ice, and I had great heel lock, which is basically something I rarely get on my left foot. Due to the extremely low arch, I went with Fit A. Seemed like a no brainer. 

I currently skate with Speedplate 2.0 and also have tried Superfeet in the past. The Aetrex Fit A is clearly thicker than both, and it is little thicker at the instep, where the arches are, as expected. 

Worth a shot if you have a scan and/or are familiar with what type of arches you have. That being said, you might be able to find a pair elsewhere of just regular orthotics, but no guarantee they'll be designed to fit edge to edge in your Bauer boot. 

Try to find a pair on Sideline Swap or something. That's what I did. 

Edited by pgeorgan

Ya, I would try these if they weren't so dang expensive.  In store, they FELT like an upgrade on stock insoles without the hard dulling thickness of superfeet.  I've stopped using superfeet years ago and went stock insoles.  Better connection and feel for the edges on the ice with the thinner stock insoles.  I figure the Aetrex may be a good in between insole to try.  But not for that price.