Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Any suggestions for the least bulky (least wide and thick) and lightest hockey shins out there?  I don't need all that much protection anymore.

Jetspeed or Vapor but the quality of Bauer protective has gone way down hill of late. If you’re a 14 I actually have an extra pair of FT4 Pros I’d sell. 

• Like 1

For recent shins I like the FT4. The FT6 fit strange. 

If you wear 15’s I have a pair of FT4 (non pro) available 

• Like 1

Jetspeeds.  FT4 Pros are great.  FT6 Pros are very good too, but less adjustability and customization than the FT4s.  If you really want to go streamlined and light and don't need that much protection, you can always try out referee shinguards.

Edited by shoot_the_goalie
  • Like 1

If money is no option go find a pair of CCM 19K Pro, they're pro stock only but are still very popular and show up on SLS and in classifieds pretty regularly (but like all the pro stock stuff the prices have gone insane over the past few months).  I have a couple of pairs and love them, super light and low profile but since they still have the old school removable liner with the thick knee donut they actually have better knee padding than anything retail.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 3:02 PM, Cavs019 said:

Jetspeed or Vapor but the quality of Bauer protective has gone way down hill of late. If you’re a 14 I actually have an extra pair of FT4 Pros I’d sell. 

This seems accurate.  I was checking out some shins yesterday and while the Vapors (hyperlite, 3X Pros) were light and relatively less bulky, they felt a bit lower quality and I questioned their durability.  Jetspeeds were a bit bulkier, wider for me and also felt heavier... but they did seem more solid and possibly more durable.  Ultimately though, I might go Vapors if they ever go on sale.  The bottom of the line Sherwood Rekker (Legend 4) was somewhat light and not bulky either, but felt a bit "stiff".

On 8/24/2024 at 10:31 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

If money is no option go find a pair of CCM 19K Pro, they're pro stock only but are still very popular and show up on SLS and in classifieds pretty regularly (but like all the pro stock stuff the prices have gone insane over the past few months).  I have a couple of pairs and love them, super light and low profile but since they still have the old school removable liner with the thick knee donut they actually have better knee padding than anything retail.

Those are definitely high quality, very protective shin pads, but I don’t think they are particularly light or low profile, to be honest. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AnimalFear said:

Those are definitely high quality, very protective shin pads, but I don’t think they are particularly light or low profile, to be honest. 

I'd say more low profile than Vapors and possibly lighter too (I had the 1X gen Vapors and found the knee/top shin area very wide and bulky and weight wise they weren't noticeably different than the Super Tacks I switched to afterwards).  Maybe you're thinking of the 20k/8K or 21K's which are beefy and not that light?  The 19K are the older style with the separate knee and shin plastics, they don't wrap around the calf nearly as much as others (or at all if you have bigger calf muscles, I'm skinny and they don't even come close lol), and they aren't too deep at the shin.  Definitely the lightest and lowest profile shin guards I've tried at the expense of protection (you def feel shots off the sides of the plastic more than you would with the 8K Pro which I had before these which were tanks).

3 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I'd say more low profile than Vapors and possibly lighter too (I had the 1X gen Vapors and found the knee/top shin area very wide and bulky and weight wise they weren't noticeably different than the Super Tacks I switched to afterwards).  Maybe you're thinking of the 20k/8K or 21K's which are beefy and not that light?  The 19K are the older style with the separate knee and shin plastics, they don't wrap around the calf nearly as much as others (or at all if you have bigger calf muscles, I'm skinny and they don't even come close lol), and they aren't too deep at the shin.  Definitely the lightest and lowest profile shin guards I've tried at the expense of protection (you def feel shots off the sides of the plastic more than you would with the 8K Pro which I had before these which were tanks).

Maybe I’m confusing them with one of the similar bulkier models then.

3 hours ago, AnimalFear said:

Maybe I’m confusing them with one of the similar bulkier models then.

yea, MOST of the old Jofa style models are built like tanks, they're awesome but not the lightest (pretty sure I had on the old Jofa 5090's in my avatar pic, those were like couches on my legs), but the 19K (old Jofa 7K Pro) style is perfect for skinny legs and beer league 😂