Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

99civ

Cheapshots...

Holy crap. I just remember, that picture jogged the memory a bit. I remember I was watching the championships after my team had been eliminated. It was near the end of the game (last 30 seconds) and a friend of mine had just scored a goal, done a litle hot dogging and put the game out of reach. A few seconds after the face-off another friend of mine (not exactly close friends) goes nutty, two hands this kid across the legs (and I mean 2-hands him). The kid falls down. As he is laying on the ice he repeatedly raises his stick over his head and smashes the kid laying on the ground, he did it 4 times if anyone wanted to know. He ended up with a 5 game suspension to start the next year.

I'm surprised the kid in black isn't wearing a carbster. Everything else is Mission, why not sport the lid too?

Usually I'm really chippy, hacking, cross-checking, high sticking, spearing, etc...but I can't really think of the worst cheap shot I have given. This one comes to mind but it wasn't that bad, a few weeks ago my team got scored on and this kid comes off of the point, who was on the ice, and hits my goalie. So, obviously I got pissed off and I went after him, grabbed his helmet, then just started wailing on him. Luckily it got broken up, because I would have gotten tooled by the other 5 guys who were next to him..

Also last year, I was watching my friends PeeWee AAA game and this one kid put another guy out of the game with a pretty hard slash, broke the guys finger. So then right after this the biggest, best player on the team (York Simcoe Express for you Toronto guys) goes up to the faceoff with the other kid, and the ref drops the puck. The huge guy just leaves the puck, punches the kid in the face right off the draw. It was hilarious because he was like a foot taller than the other guy..and the kid just dropped. He only got 2 mins too.

I'm surprised the kid in black isn't wearing a carbster. Everything else is Mission, why not sport the lid too?

Kid in the black is me. Never seen a carbster but i wanted one when they came out. But, since that picture the stick has broken and the gloves have been replaced by XXXs.

Kid in the black is me. Never seen a carbster but i wanted one when they came out. But, since that picture the stick has broken and the gloves have been replaced by XXXs.

I'm not surprised the stick broke.

Oh yea, I remember one more. This year I was coming out from behind the net, in the other teams zone of the pp. I play d but was put on wing for the powerplay. The defenseman in front of me was beaking like crazy, and before I knew what happened I cross checked him in the back of the head. Got a solid 5 gamer for that one..and broke my Synergy after it too.. :unsure:

One time I was in a 3-3 tournament and I was clearing one of the players on my real team (he was playing on a different 3 on 3 team) from in front of the net, and our goalie punches him in the back of the head with his blocker, and he falls down. In turn, he thought it was me, so he turns around and cross-checks me in the back-- what a friend!! :P

hockey2.jpg enough said

where do you play? and how old are you? is the team your playing there the parkdale panthers?

Reston Raiders, 17, no its the Prince William panthers

Reston? Did you guys come up for the Hershey Christmas tournament?

My team played in the tournament at our rink it might have been one of the other 3 Midget teams

I see Reston teams up here all teh time, I wasn't sure if yours came up. I was working in the shop and only reffed a couple of games in the tourney.

Playing in a no check beer league. I'm a B player at best and got run over from behind by a AA player right in front of the ref. No call?!?!? He took the puck & went the other way. I had him lined up for a check at the other end but he side stepped it at the last minute as the period ended.

During the intermission I was fuming on the bench. I went back on the ice for the 3rd period and scored 2 goals and an assist on my first shift! I scored again on my next shift. Before that I had 2 goals in 18 games :D

I guess I need to find a way to get pissed off before games.

I guess I need to find a way to get pissed off before games.

I know what you mean. Its funny how you play better when you playing with a lot of emotion.

in our beer league after the playoff game one of my buddies on the losing team got mad threw his stick, the stick bounced off the ice and nailed a ref in the head dropping him. it ended with a full season suspension. playing net i wack alot of people if they go thru my paint but one game last year in the state game tourney i was playing a team that kept crashing my net. bout halfway into the third i had enuf and chopped a guy in the back with my blocker. i wasnt thinking till after it hit. it caused a rucus

This year in a game, me and this other guy were roughing it up behind the night. I skated away cause the play moved up ice then at centre ice, the player took his stick and jabbed me in my calf..my leg collapsed and it hurt pretty bad but I was alright.

my teams games are always filled with cheap shots but one that sticks out was last year in the playoffs when one of my team mates and this other kid who thought he was hot shit were going at eachother back and forth the whole game, then with about 3 min left in the 3rd my teammate tripped the kid when he was skatin away and body slammed him...thats right body slammed him WWF style, he jumped up, put the elbow out and landed rite on the kids back and neck. ive never seen anything like that in hockey

I remember playing pickup in Highschool. We knew all the guys, but one of the goalie brought one of his buddies out one night...Big goon.

I hadn't been playing very log, wasn't very good, and didn't have the best equipment. For some reason, he cross checks me from behind right on front of our bench...I go flying...he skates away. I stand up, my buddy Steve goes..."I got him" hops over the boards, goes from one side of the ice to the other and just hammers the guy.

As I recall, that is pretty much where it ended and I don't think he came out again.

I remember playing pickup in Highschool. We knew all the guys, but one of the goalie brought one of his buddies out one night...Big goon.

I hadn't been playing very log, wasn't very good, and didn't have the best equipment. For some reason, he cross checks me from behind right on front of our bench...I go flying...he skates away. I stand up, my buddy Steve goes..."I got him" hops over the boards, goes from one side of the ice to the other and just hammers the guy.

As I recall, that is pretty much where it ended and I don't think he came out again.

hahahhahahahaha thats amazing

There was this guy I played with a couple of years ago who was really quiet and never bothered anyone or even talked smack while on the ice. One game he skates right at this guy who is moving up on the rush and cross checks him in the face at full speed. The guy didn't wear a cage so he ended up with a broken jaw. After he did it, our guy skated over to the bench, picked up his stick and said "see ya guys" and went to the locker room. I think dude was banned from the rink. We never found out the story behind it but someone said that the guy slashed him in the groin on the previous shift. It was ugly though, they had to bring an ambulance in through the zamboni doors and all.

I have a bad temper so I dish out a lot when playing, I think the worst I ever did was break a guy’s nose. I didn't do it on purpose; I was trying to lift his stick and missed. He was back playing in a week without too much damage.

I've been subject of two, once I was trying to keep the puck in the offensive zone at the blueline, the forward there was trying to poke it past me on the boards and I'm doing the same. I fell on my knees and the guy tomahawks me on the head, WTF?? so I gave him a buttend to the groin as I was getting up which resulted in him two handing my wrist, result roughing him me nothing. Second time I was playing D, my goalie covered the puck the whistle blew and the forward from the other team slashes my goalie, I'm doing a circle away from the play to get ready for the faceoff and the numbnut crosschecks me in the back. And to add insult to injury I got called for the slash on my goalie, wtf??

In the beer league I play in there's a lot of goonery, not too often are there fights but there's a lot of stick work.

i was at my dads game last night. Some dude high sticks one of the players on my dads team. the ref blew the whistle and while he was walking him to the box #22 cross checks a guy on my dads team in the face right infront of my uncle the goalie. My uncle goes and starts beating on the guy. my dad who was also on the ice goes and starts helping out my uncle. Then three guys from the other team come and take my dad off them and start beating on him. The refs break that up. My dad didnt get a penalty but he served my uncles for leaving the crease. the guy who cross checked ray in face had a target on him the rest of the game. There were a few fight that game, all involving #22. Three guys were thrown from the game.

last weekend I got away with a good one. We were playing a team who was playing pretty chippy (just like us) and the ref was letting us play and thingsgot out of hand. I got speareds in the balls twice pretty hard, once by a backchecker when I was skating across the blue line carrying the puck. Well, I was playing a little on edge...I had already served a charging and unsportmanlike penalty, and I got hit after making a pass right by the other teams bench. The guy hitting me just kinda tied me up but I ended up facing the bench with my stick slightly over. A D guy on the others teams bench who I had been goin at it with all game said something to me so I turned aroundlike I was skating away and in one swoop conked him right on the side of the head, which ended up causing a little ruckus afterwords. The ref saw and heard me hit the guy but felt it wasn't intentional ;)

that was prolly the biggest cheapshot that I have actually gotten away with.