Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

99civ

Cheapshots...

Cheapest that has happened to me. Ended up throwing a few punches with a guy. We got tied up and their goalie came at me and landed his blocker on my face. I hate goalies that only throw digs when a player is tied up!

Got pissed off in a game and 2 handed a guy across the back with my stick using a limberjack motion!

Put a huge guy over the boards in Deeside, great fun I checked him and turned away. Heard a scream and looked back to see him climbing back over the bords.

Was reffing a game and one of the players disagreed with a call and landed a punch on me. He got a 10 match suspension.

Funnuest retribution. We were down 2 or 3 goals with 2 minutes to go. I strip a guy of the puck and skate off. He cross checks me across the backs of the legs. I dump the puck chase after him and pummell him. All goes well until the referee ties me up and he starts throwing punches at me.

Worst I've seen. Totally unprovoked attack. Forward takes a weak shot and loses balance. On the ground and a player from the other team kicks him in the back of the head. Got a years suspension should have been life.

Plenty of other stories cant remember them all.

Pet hate goalies that cheap shot and then get pissed when I run them. My motto if he touches me on the next breakaway Im going to try and dump him.

Funny thing is almost all of the incidents here involve players on our National team. What a bunch!

the worst that i ever witnessed actually happened to me like 2 weeks ago im clearing out a guy in front of the net so he two hands me right in the wrist it stings a litte bit but nothing to major. so than the puck goes into the corner and he goes after it so i figure ok this kid is done and i smoke him and he falls to the ice and i go skating away and as im skating away i feel something hit me in the head. i thought the kid punched me and the ref blows the whistle right away. when i get the bench everyone was asking me if i was alright and i was fine i was wondering what was the problem turns out the kid 2 handed me in the back of the head!

all of these stories brings back memories for me. I play in a rec adult league now, but when i was younger I was subjected to alot of cheapshots. All of this makes me feel sad about the state of hockey, Its like theres too much concentration on cheap play and theres alot of sensitive players around my area. In the rec league i play in if you even touch a guy with the slightest hook or even bump into them they want a penatly or to throw blows. On of the worst cheapshots I hate in general is when a player with a full cage punches a player with nothing. That happened to me at a pick up game last year. at that very game i was high sticked, not sure if intentional or not, and had to go get 13 stiches on my forehead. But, the all time lowest cheapshot i ever dished out was a beatdown on my own teamplayer on my bench. this was in my rec league and i was subbing for other palyers and a guy on my team started to talk shit to me on the bench, i told him where to go and concetrate on the game, so he decides to punch me. i gave him 27 stitches to his jaw and chin, felt real bad afterwards and was suspended for 30 days. I heard that he actually hired a lawyer to sue me and prosecute me but the rink owner told him what he saw and how the other guy threw first blow and everything was thrown out the window.

xihlaction3ne.jpg

Fill in the blanks...... B)

i dont get it :X

Well the guy whose helmet is on the floor is still standing, and the guy who removed it is holding his face falling to the deck, with a knee in the back of his leg.....the other players retreating hand is also in somewhat of a suspicious position.....

Not really a cheapshot. Bad refereeing is what I would put it under. We were playing in a tourney and I hacked this kids stick and shoved him into his goalie. I go behind the net and he gives me a hit and takes my stick. He crosschecks my back with my own stick and we both went to the box. I know for sure that I didn't get a penalty for hacking the guy's stick or checking him into his goalie because when I went behind the net, the referee was in the corner in front of me and his arm wasn't up until after I got crosschecked by my own stick.

MDE3 that's not when your kid got popped in the eye is it?  You mentioned that in another thread, just wondering.

No that incident happened at center rink two years ago in a PIHA minors game..

This photo was taken this year in an MLRH game...Actually what happened was the player going down came into the boards and drilled my son from behind giving him a shot in the back of the head at the same time, which knocked off his helmet......what you see here is the "aftermath" which involved a "smell my glove" (issued by my son) and a knee to the back of the leg to help with "the takedown". The guy holding his hands to his face is looking for maximum "points" on the dive, as usual trying to draw a penalty(we know him well). He did not have any serious injury....No penalties were called.

I only posted it because I thought it might be fun to guess the sequence of events which led to the photo.

MDE3 that's not when your kid got popped in the eye is it?  You mentioned that in another thread, just wondering.

No that incident happened at center rink two years ago in a PIHA minors game..

This photo was taken this year in an MLRH game...Actually what happened was the player going down came into the boards and drilled my son from behind giving him a shot in the back of the head at the same time, which knocked off his helmet......what you see here is the "aftermath" which involved a "smell my glove" (issued by my son) and a knee to the back of the leg to help with "the takedown". The guy holding his hands to his face is looking for maximum "points" on the dive, as usual trying to draw a penalty(we know him well). He did not have any serious injury....No penalties were called.

I only posted it because I thought it might be fun to guess the sequence of events which led to the photo.

Well maybe the glove was so stinky it caused his eyes to water and he was just, you know wiping the tears from his eyes ;)

Thanks for the clarification though.

At this one hockey camp I was at last summer, this one younger kid completely leveled this one guy from Korea from behind, really obvious. He got up and shook it off next time he came down on the guy who hit him he shot the puck as hard as he could into his groin area, ah sweet payback :P

Worst that happened to me was I was playing pretty physical defense in a roller game one night and a smaller offenseman took offense and was jawing back and forth all night. While trying to clear someone else from the front of the net i fell to one knee when my goalie covered it and the whistle blew. The aforementioned jackass took this opportunity to tackle me from behind which had me twist my ankle pretty good and then lay on top of me and facewash me for a bit.

The funniest cheapshot I've ever seen was some guy was being a dick all night and kept trying to start fights. My teammate had enough and started towards him... guy kept backing away when the refs came in to send them on their way he takes his helmet off and throws it at my buddy. I couldn't stop laughing.

And for anyone who considers any sort of stick to the helmet amusing you really need to have the stupid beat out of you.

one time i was behind the guy with the puck, i had my stick between his legs pinning him on the boards, then all of a sudden boom! lights out, i got an elbow to the face (playing juniors, so no one was wearing a full cage). I was out cold, and he scored off that play :ph34r: The next time we played them i nailed their star player at center ice, so the same guy from before jumps me from behind on my way to the bench and starts punching me, but he didn't land anything, I turtled, so all i ended up with was a bruised ego.

In a tournament my coaches told me to go after this kid, so I have the puck skating down the boards I pass it off 5 seconds after I pass it this kid close lines me in the face. I got up and started punching the shit out of his head. I got a game for that and my head coach was really pissed but all my assistants were happy. We were up 7-0 anyway.

Worst taken: I got speared in the knee by this big cat that played WHL, after throwing some verbal jabs back and forth he ended up skating by and threw a haymaker while I was still on my bench. The dude had over a foot and 100lbs on me so I was a lil weary of going balls to the wall right then after him.

Worst given: I was playing high school and had smoked a kid in the corner which sent his helmet flying. He got up and speared me in my stomach in front of the officals and all. Almost without hesitation I dropped a glove off and started swinging even after he had hit the ice. I pulled the offical off that was covering him to keep swinging and I spent some much desirved games off the ice for that lil stunt.

Worst seen: Both incidents take place in "B" SR. leauge. I was reffing a game in which one team is quite well known for being just the pure definition of talentless goons. A guy was parked infront of their net well away from their goalie when some retared decieded to sprint from the blueline to hit this guy from behind and through the net. After we gave him the gate he started kicking and punching everything he could from the rink door to his locker room (another pain in the ass cause I also work at the rink and had to clean up his lil temper tantrum).

The second incident also happend with the same teams during the same game in which the same problem team had a player wind up and take a two handed baseball crack at the opposing goalies head after an apparent cup check (that of course we "missed"). Everyone swarmed to that guy and had about a 10 min 14-man brawl. I only got $30 for that QSPHL style game.

worst taken: this guy came in and took a shot at our goalie. so i when down and gave him a shot, and started talking. now this guy had to be the dirtyest player on the other team and i had had a few run ins with him before but nothing major. so after i gave him a shot he crosschecked me in the neck. i went donw for a second then jumped back up to try to get at the guy but the refs held me back. i was so pissed and i need up getting a penalty on the play <_<

worst taken: this guy came in and took a shot at our goalie. so i when down and gave him a shot, and started talking. now this guy had to be the dirtyest player on the other team and i had had a few run ins with him before but nothing major. so after i gave him a shot he crosschecked me in the neck. i went donw for a second then jumped back up to try to get at the guy but the refs held me back. i was so pissed and i need up getting a penalty on the play <_<

Just curious, which team?

Worst I've given wasn't meant to be a cheap shot but i guess you could call it that, in my inline game i was skating towards the boards to strip a guy of the puck im going in there fairly fast so when i get the puck i would have on eguy to beat, but i half blow a tire and the poor kid on the boards is sort of lent over exposing his ribs and he fell and soon as i regained some balance i looked up and my thigh/knee connected solidly with his ribs, i dont think he was wearing shoulders, the rest was i got 3 games for a deliberate injury and after the game my teammates friend is on that team and tells me that they thought they kid cracked 2 ribs.

Back in 1981 my midget team was playing in some tournament called the Pepsi challenge in Jackson Michigan. We played the home team in the semifinals and it was a pretty rough affair. Lots of late hits, lots of lumber in front of the net.

Jackson had a guy who was about 6'3 give or take an inch and he was their main goon.

We had a guy who was about 5'10, but he was solid as a rock and a state of Illinois qualifier in wrestling as a sophomore.

We beat Jackson to move on, and during the handshake their goon just throttles the first guy in line dropped him like a bad habit. So our enforcer comes racing up and snaps his stick over the guys helmet like a toothpick. It was so bizzare it was almost surreal, like watching a movie. It was ridiculous.

Our guy just beat the hell out of their guy and all hell broke loose in the stands and the ice and the benches. They had to pull our bus up to the closest exit to our lockeroom and post a cop and 3 rink employees outside so we could hop on the bus fast. The Jackson parents and fans were ready to lynch us.

One of the fathers on our team was a pretty sharp lawyer, so he goes up to the one guy taping the game on video, and said, "hey did you see what that Chicago bastard did with his stick?" The video guy said, , "Hell yeah" The lawyer dad, said I'm gonna report that sonnofabitch. I'll give you $200 bucks for that tape.

Bingo. No taped evidence.

We got on the bus and got the hell out of Jackson. Mike got a 5 game suspension from AHAI, but it might've been alot worse if they'd seen the tape.

This happened 2 years ago in a tourny in Buffalo. 3rd period and this kid an I had been talking smack the whole game like any normal hockey game. The play had been whistled off-sides and I headed to change shifts, the last thing I remember is seeing a "watch-out" look on my caoches face. From what people have told me was the kid side swiped me full speed in the side of the head with his forearm. Never got the kid back, coach sidelined me cause I was "unconcious".

My worst one was in Playoffs, hit from behind (don't those suck?) going into the boards, landed headfirst. The ironic thing is that it was the only game that season (and other seasons to come) that I didn't wear my mouth gaurd. Well let's say when you swallow you're own tooth, you learn your lesson. I was out from the time that I hit the boards until probably about 10 seconds later, when I woke up and there was a shitload of people around me as im on the ice bleedin everywhere.

Also just recently in one game against guys who claimed the played "Dub Beeyotch" (no ******* way they did cuz I was better and I played house) Some guy spears our youngest player so hard he starts pissing blood. He was suspended for three.

And Lastly, I ref (save the hate people i'm a good ref :blink: ) And I was doing liek an atom game where some kid crosschecks the other team from behind and proceeded to stomp on his arm and stomach repetedly untill I pulled him off... :blink:

Hes gone...

just bringing up an old topic, but last night, i recieved the worst cheapshot, i have ever had. it was my second shift of the game and me and another guy were racing for a lose puck near the boards, i start pulling away from him and just before i can grab the puck, he cross-checks me in the the spine(between the pants and the shoulder pads, where there's very little protection) anyways i smash head first into the boards, the guy got a match penalty and is suspended for 3 more games. at the time i maneged to get up and make my way to the bench. and i finished the game. i couldn't jump the boards, skate nearly as fast, and i couldn't even sit down on the bench after my shifts without someone helping me. The pain was quite horrible. This morning thought when i woke up the pain was much worse, i couldn't even get out of bed by myself, my dad had to come help me. I have a hard time going up and down the stairs, when i have to sit down the pain is so horrible, when i ahve to bend down i feel like i'm gonna die. Had to miss today's game went to the doctor i a have to miss next weekend's games for sure, and i'll see from then on, hopefully it's not too bad of an injury, but it's more the pain that bothers me, wheni have to do every day things.

the worst i can remember happend last year. The second period there guy headed into the corner i lined him up and hit it was a big hit and it was clean and apparently this made him very mad and the next play i got the the puck and passed it up ice i was the last player on my team out of our zone and the referees were up ice the player who i had hit earlier came up behind me and cross checked me into the boards i went up and came down right where the arrow is _v] i came down on my knees and then my head slammed into the boards i lost feeling in one of my knees for a second or so the only people who saw this were the other teams bench who cheered their teamate as i attempted to crawl toward bench luckly after the game i had two deeply bruised knees a sore back and a head ache.

Last year in the province semi finals. It's game 5 the night after game four and, I had just hammered this guy 3 or 4 times in game four. So my line gets the start, and I win the draw and dump it down low in there end. The goalie stops the puck behind the net and I'm right on the D, he gets rid of the puck right before I get there, and turns around and spears me in the gut with his stick. He didn't try to hide it or anything, he full out jabbed me. At first I thought I just had the wind knocked out so I got up and skated back to the bench bent over while there fans are screaming for them to hit me. I'm on the bench for a while and my winds not coming back, trainer gets worried cause I'm getting whiter and whiter until I pass out. Woke up two minutes later and was able to get up and skate to the room where I passed out again. One ambulance ride later I'm in the intensive care unit with 3 broken ribs, a lacerated spleen and kidney and my kidney will never be 100% again. 4 months no excersise and couldn't skate for 6 months