Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

99civ

Cheapshots...

not sure if this counts as a cheapshot, but one time on a breakaway a goalie intentionally skated out got on his side and slid at me, which completely took me out. He didn't called for anything either.

Same exact thing happened to me BUT, I got called for goalie interference because the ref had to "protect the goalie" as he put it. Also, he said I made no attempt to avoid the collision but I had one leg up and the other got clipped, so.... But it was the goalie who was putting himself in danger by skating out, not me putting the goalie in danger. Total BS

I've given so many bad ones.

I was chasing this kid down the boards for the puck and just face washed him into the boards head first.

Numerous hand 'punches' to the face of opponents on one on ones. and so forth

worst i recieved was after a minor scuffle infront of the net with one of their guys the two linesmen come into to break it up by BOTH holding me back, so the kids takes a full swing and uppercuts me knocking two teeth out. We both got 2+2 for roughing and needless to say straight out the penalty box i beat the shit out of him till was down on the ice (then i stopped because i think its cheap when ppl carry on).

I was chasing this kid down the boards for the puck and just face washed him into the boards head first.

worst i recieved was after a minor scuffle infront of the net with one of their guys the two linesmen come into to break it up by BOTH holding me back, so the kids takes a full swing and uppercuts me knocking two teeth out. We both got 2+2 for roughing and needless to say straight out the penalty box i beat the shit out of him till was down on the ice (then i stopped because i think its cheap when ppl carry on).

Hey, anyone got the number of that guy who makes the trophies? Looks like we need one here.

Hey, anyone got the number of that guy who makes the trophies? Looks like we need one here.

Hey, anyone got the number of that one guy that finds Chippa amusing? I'm starting to doubt he exists.

I'm "usually" a pretty clean player, but we all have our limits. still, everything i've done is pretty much standard- if games get chippy in my no-check leagues, i'll fake going for the puck and flatten someone. I'll also crosscheck guys in the lower back in front of the neck when the puck is in the vicinity.

Worst that I've seen that I wasn't playing in the game was in an outdoor hockey league when a guy two handed one player in the helmet, cracking his stick, then finished off his stick on another player's back. All hell broke loose. The kid who got whacked in the head's parents were at the game, and his dad was on the rink chasing after the kid who broke his stick while both benches had cleared and everyone was brawling. Took a good 30-45 minutes to sort everything out. The guy that broke his stick was banned for life from the league. With our luck, we had to play the team with the kids that got whacked with the stick directly after that game. Since we knew them, it was alright, and was actually a real mellow, clean game.

Worst I've seen while on the rink was in another outdoor roller noncheck league, when a smaller player on my team got hit into the boards right at the red line. It had been a chippy game with lots going by without calls, but the ref actually saw it this time and made the call. The guy who got hit's linemate, (and the third member of our own version of the three stooges) took offese to the hit, but was acting all calm until the ref went to the scorer's booth, and the offending player was standing just outside the penalty box, which was directly in between the scorers booth and his own bench. As the ref turns to the scorekeeper, my friend takes 3 or 4 strides at the guy on the other team and crosschecks him from behind in the head/neck right over the boards. He immediately backs away, and as the other team is flipping out from their bench, says "what? why are you so angry?" The ref turns around and knows what happened, but he liked us, and he didn't see what happened, so since he didn't see it, he couldn't call it. Surprisingly enough, nobody really ran him after that.

Hey, anyone got the number of that one guy that finds Chippa amusing? I'm starting to doubt he exists.

Anyone else hear that annoying buzzing sound?

One of the best ones Ive seen would be when my teammate close lined a kid and the kid did a flip. Got it on tape too but I think it got thrown out.

Besides that I saw this one game a long time ago where right off the face off the guy cross checks this dude in the cage. (which dropped him) and the offending guy jumps on him. Gives him 3 hard cross checks to the chest. I'm pretty sure its because the guy who got owned was known as the league high scorer or something.

And if Kovey10 is around here just ask him about my teammate #23.

Anyone else hear that annoying buzzing sound?

You mean the one you're making? Yea i hear it.

i love being a goalie, i never get called for talking crap or hitting people my favorite is tripping the offencemen in front of the net

And I normally dont start stuff with the goalies cause I know the defenemen have their backs. But when goalies trip me when Im goin around the net or stuff like you said -- Thats when I give them them the chop to the knee on the way out.

I dont like to give cheap shots out of no where. Only when they are earned.

I take so much shit from the goalies and defensemen infront of the net. As i usually plant myself for the screen, draw many penalties. I get sticks between the legs and everything. My revenge is when the defense pushes me anywhere near the goalie with any bit of force i'm going down right on top of the goalie, making sure it hurts.

that reminds me of a game like 2 weeks ago when i took a shot using the d-man as a screen and kept skating hard to the net. the d man put his arm in my chest and tried to hold me back, but I just kept skating hard, pushing him towards his own net. I figured that they'd call him for interference for holding me from getting to the net. When he tripped over his own goalie and fell into his own net, they wound up giving me 2 for roughing :rolleyes:

My sis got crosschecked from behind the girl broke her stick on my sis' back.

Also another one was at a tounemant i was helpin out at huge brawl goalie slams his blocker into this kids face and then huge bench jump they end the game right then and there no suspensions

The worst (and strangest) I have seen happened to my Buddy Alex in a beer league game last year. He went into the corner in the offensive zone and a long haired defenseman hit him from behind and kind of fell on top him. There was some jockeying around on the ground, and when all was said and done the defenseman had bit Alex's ear. ANd when I say bit, a chunk was missing.He required stitches, and Mike Tyson was banned from the building, I think for life. Very odd.

In Bantam AAA we were hosting a tournament and a buddy from Halifax speared me in the nuts right off a faceoff, i have never forgotten. We played them in another tournament that year and i smoked him and the next year moved to midget aaa minor and played his team in the Monctonian and droped him again and then we went to a tournament in PEI got to play him again dropped him again. i think i ended up getting even with him in the end but if i ever play him again im gona keep running him. .What goes around comes around.

I've never had a problem playing ice hockey.... but once while I was playing in a local dekhockey league I got hit repeatedly in the head with a stick. I was standing in front of the other team's net trying to screen the goalie... and the other team's defenseman tried to clip me in the crotch from behind with his stick.. he caught me more in the groin area, so I turn to face him, and he puts up his stick to cross-check me. I got my stick up in time to make stick-on-stick contact and I shoved him away..... dude takes a 2 hander to the side of my head. Hits me hard, I'm floored/pissed/dizzy all at the same time... and he hits me AGAIN. I look at the refs and they're walking over.... dude hits me a THIRD time. And his goalie had to grab him. I ended up with a nice concussion... and I GOT SUSPENDED for fighting.

That was pretty much the reason why I gave up floor hockey and said to myself "I need to learn how to skate and play ice..." Some of the biggest savages play floor hockey.

Don't even get me started on the team of prison guards in the league!

That's pretty poor reffing Anthony. One time I was going to chase down a dumped puck and I got drilled from behind in bantam. It was really weird cause i didn't feel like I was dizzy or hurt but I still couldn't get up. Took about 5 minutes for me to get back to the bench. Guy got suspended.

Also a good semi-cheaptrick I learned is when you're the defenseman gaurding a man in the crease, you pull down on the back of his pants and it totally hogties him :)

Tonight my goalie covered the puck and the opposing forward came in and tried to spray him (he wasn't going very fast, and not much came out, but it's the thought that counts, right?) So as the ref turns after picking up the puck, I nudged the back of the guy's calf (he was standing between me and the ref, blocking his view) with the blade of my stick. I barely touched the guy but he went down like a sack of bricks- and it wasn't a dive. It was hard to keep myself from laughing at that one.

yesterday one of my teammates gets hit and then the kid starts swearin at another one of my teammates and then the kid on the other team kicks the same kid who he was swearin at and my teammate goes bizerk he drops the stick and goes after the kid who kicked him then the ref breaks them apart and as soon as he lets my teammate go he goes rite bak after the kid and 2 of my teammates grab him by the arms and lead him away (i wasn't on the ice at the time)

That's pretty poor reffing Anthony. One time I was going to chase down a dumped puck and I got drilled from behind in bantam. It was really weird cause i didn't feel like I was dizzy or hurt but I still couldn't get up. Took about 5 minutes for me to get back to the bench. Guy got suspended.

Also a good semi-cheaptrick I learned is when you're the defenseman gaurding a man in the crease, you pull down on the back of his pants and it totally hogties him :)

it was actually terrible reffing...to the point where they were a liability to the sports complex, and they no longer offer floor/roller hockey.

I felt fine... I finished the 3rd period. I picked my stuff up, shot the sh*t with the guys for a few minutes... went to my car and started getting dizzy and sick. Needless to say, I shut the car off and had my brother pick me up.

just felt like chiming in.

worst cheap shot was me spearing someone. i am not dirty, i play rough and will talk smack is spoken to, but this guy kept slashing my ankles and backs of my knees and yapping and acting like an ass, so as the play left our offensive zone, i just took the blade of my stick and jabbed him in the stomache. i didn't look back, i did it as i began to skate. he was pudgy and i didnt to it too hard so i knew it wasnt major, but it was cheap.

worst i witnessed was when i played college hockey we were playing west virgina U and some of their fans went behind our bench and threw batteries at the bench hitting only our female trainers. that cleared the bench into the stands and they had to call the cops in to settle things down.