Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Any Czech Members?

I posted in another thread how my sister is over in Prague on a study program, and I guess I'm going to visit her next week. I've never really had any strong desire to go there personally, but I'm not going to pass up a trip to Europe, especially when I've never been there. I'm going to try to go to a Sparta game, hopefully they're in town. Other than that, I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do over there? It may sound stupid, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do over there for 10 days. Europe doesn't seem like it'd be a place where you can just hang out and do nothing the entire trip. We're going to Prague, but I'd be interested in any day trips also. I think we might have a layover in Frankfurt, too.

Cool, we are going to make a class trip (for 1 week) to prague, i think i will visit the bar.

thanks for the tip kovy

Cool, we are going to make a class trip (for 1 week) to prague, i think i will visit the bar.

thanks for the tip kovy

Nothing like going to a bar on a school trip.

Prague's an amazing city - you won't be short of stuff to do! :lol:

If you can go to a Sparta game, then do so. I saw 'em in January, and it was pretty awesome. First line of Vyborny, Nedved and Hlavac (they've just signed Martin Havlat too....) - and the rest of the Czechs on their teams were pretty damn good! If you can go to a Sparta vs Slavia game, then don't miss it - it's probably the biggest rivalry in European hockey.

As for the city, it's absolutely beautiful. When you wander into the "New town", and you see buildings built in the 14th Century, you know you're in an old city! The architecture is absolutely incredible. Highlights would be the Old town Square and Charles Bridge, but you could actually spend days just walking around the place, it's awesome.

Plus, it's cheap! So, so cheap! A decent ticket to a Sparta game cost me the equivalent of about £1.75. That'd be under $4. A very nice meal for two, with a good few drinks afterwards, didn't cost us more than £15, maybe $25. In a decent bar (the ones right in the town centre are more expensive, to sting the tourists) you'll probably pay less than a dollar for a pint of Staropramen (one of the finest Czech beers around). Go into an expensive bar, and you might have to pay $2.........

Oh, and go to Jagr's if you can. It's just off Wenceslas Square (which, incidentally, isn't a square, it's a street), and is full of hockey stuff.

Get yourself a decent guidebook, preferably with a map, and you'll find tons of stuff to do. Enjoy! :D