Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

How does the ModSquadHockey Center sound?

Because they didn't retaliate to any of Boston's comments? I see that as no one taking A-Rod's back, but that's me.

no, they're the class because they're far better than everyone.

I could care less about boston not knowing how to react to winning.

Yankee / Sox trash in almost March. Nice.

Yea three Superbowls and a World Series makes it tough to know how to win. :P

The Sox are just giving your Yanks a much overdue reaction. Cant wait to see what the fans do after hearing 1918 and the like for many a year.

Bring it on! ;)

The 2004 Yankees will forever be known for their choke against the sox. The Sox will now be known for winning 8 straight games to win their first world series in 86 years.

How are the Yankees better than anyone? On paper they're good but they were last year, too. I can't justify calling them the best when they haven't won anything in a few years.

Yup, 2000. Not to say their run before that wasn't impressive before then though, just that you can only get so much mileage out of it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1999921

Since when is "Derek Jeter" an obscenity? How about they name it the Bill Buckner center instead? Would that be better? I'm sorry, I'm still in debt to Buckner for allowing my mets to win the series that year. I would have had them name it after him, but thats just me. :P

But seriously, since when is a name an obscenity? They could have at least used the term "distasteful" like they did with randy moss. A vulgarity would be something a lot worse, which would warrant a denial like this because it was obscene. And plus, why does it really matter so much? The place isnt even hosting any events of any kind that day.. I thought it was clever and kinda funny

1986????

Red Sox fans live in the present. ;)

When was the last time a New York team won a championship. Ahhh I loved it when i was in downtown Manhattan right after the Sox won it all. I was doing a presentation in front of 50 locals. Should have seen their faces when they found out I was from New England. Priceless!

oh man, they haven't won a world series in...FOUR YEARS! only 82 more to go!

even if kevin brown shits the bed, they're the best pitching staff in the al, which is a VAST improvement over last year when they were maybe the 10th best when everyone was even healthy.

the red sox should be worrying less about what the yankees do, and more about what teams like cleveland, seattle, texas, and detroit will be doing because that's who they're going to be fighting for the wild card with.

For a few years the Yankees had a good group of players that were also hard for the average baseball fan to hate. Now, with a few exceptions, they are the team that represents all that is wrong with baseball. Giambi and the 'roid thing, Sheff and his numerous public outbursts, Brown is wll-hated around the league, they all play into the equation.

Then you have the Yankee fans......

I totally agree with Chadd...I do not like the direction the Yankees are going in...during our dynasty the core were all home-grown players (Jeter, Rivera, Williams, Posada, Pettitte) and they would get the "right" FA out there...now it's the 80s all over again...

I totally agree with Chadd...I do not like the direction the Yankees are going in...during our dynasty the core were all home-grown players (Jeter, Rivera, Williams, Posada, Pettitte) and they would get the "right" FA out there...now it's the 80s all over again...

They brought back Tino and still have Mussina so I do actually root for a couple of their guys.

Yeah I didn't understand that...there's been three arenas and they've all been Madison Square Garden...and they all haven't been in the same location...

That's what I love about NY...NONE of the arenas/stadiums have naming rights...

If the mets ever get their field, you know they will name it after any lowly company if the price is right.

Yeah I didn't understand that...there's been three arenas and they've all been Madison Square Garden...and they all haven't been in the same location...

That's what I love about NY...NONE of the arenas/stadiums have naming rights...

If the mets ever get their field, you know they will name it after any lowly company if the price is right.

Same with the new building proposed for the Jets. Of course, they will wait for the Olympics to be over. At least let's hope they would anyway.

The only way I think the Johnson move will be bad is if Navarro and Halsey end up being good. Navarro might start for LA, but Halsey might not even make the DBacks rotation. Vasquez just reminded me of Weaver. Good stuff, great in spurts, but when the going got tough....he got going. He threw strikes to a fault, he'd never make guys chase, hence the high HR numbers. Johnson was the best pitcher in the majors last year, I'm doubting he'll even put up lower than his win total last year because he has an actual offense now.