Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overtime

AGE Level of hockey

what level and age level of hockey you play in  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Midget A/B, but I can't wait until spring beer league starts.

Now that's something to look forward to!

Seriously though, beer league is a ton of fun. If you get on a good team... and by good, I mean fun group of guys... you won't want to trade it for anything. My brother (prenny207) and I have been with the same senior team for 5 years, we play Saturday nights and pretty much the whole team goes to the bar after our games. Some of the guys bring wives/girlfriends/friends, so we usually end up with about 25 people at the bar... it ends up being our social night out.

The most fun I've ever had on a team was last summer during the summer adult league. Because nobody played, the league was combined, and so the teams were watered down. Sure I was an adult league god, but it was fun because of the older guys. Me and my buddy sort of got "adopted" by a few of the older guys on the team. Great experience.

B....hic....ee .....hic. ...er league

You're totally right though the wrong group of guys can kill a beer league, it is all about hanging out and playing some hockey.

I play in a beer league with a great group of guys (gals). Saturday nights are an event. There is a bar at the rink that we go to after every game. Everybodys kids, spouse, & friends come out. It is an absolute blast.

I play in a beer league with a great group of guys (gals). Saturday nights are an event. There is a bar at the rink that we go to after every game. Everybodys kids, spouse, & friends come out. It is an absolute blast.

Adult late night (they got to get better times, I am dying today)

I know whatcha mean...game times range from around 8:30pm - Midnight here.

I coach squirts (10 & under) on Saturday mornings and those games range from 6am - 8:30.

Makes for a long Saturday.

sunday night at 11 is the worst it ruins the whole week, that is of course if you are a working stiff if not I'm sure they are not that bad ;) saturday morning games can be rough too, our goalie used to sleep in his car in the parking lot because it was easier than going home after a night out :lol:

A buddy of mine that plays on my team works at the rink and has been known to sleep on a couch in the lobby after a late game when he had to open the next morning ;)

I won't even get into the 6:00 am Friday drop-in's Worthless the rest of the day.

I can imagine, now if you had the desk that george costanza had with room for a bed, well then maybe not useless all day ;)

Pick up...I guess a lot of you guys call it Drop In. Not really organized enough to be called a "League" but we do go out for beers after.

I play in an adult league. No beer though. I haven't had a team like that since we had an employee team. We used to drink in the parking lot or in the back, and used to use the Zam snowdump as a cooler...