Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basesloaded190

8090vs.XXXvs. XX

Well the Vapor and 8090 fit differently. So it'll be one or the other. If it's the 8090 your choice is made. If its the Vapor your obviously left with XXX vs. XX. Which I believe there are a few threads on.

if your going to buy the xx or the xxx, go with the xxx, since it is a newer model and is better made than the xx. but if your going to buy any bauer supreme skate, buy the 8090 if they fit you the best. they are also a great skate, it just depends on what fits your foot the best

thanks for the advice, does anyone have a idea on prices for the 8090's cuz i can't seem to find that

i got my 8090's new for $500 CAN

whats not true about it, ph? the xxx's were realeased because there supposed to be more durable and lighter than the xx's and to my experience with them so far its all very true....

Yes thats true, but there was that one review on them from another website and if memory serves me right Cavs also had Vapor XXX's and they went to hell quick. Im not trying to bash Bauer or anything but I just dont want people to buy a 400$ plus skate and have it break down on them in a month, Thats not cool.

Cavs also had Vapor XXX's and they went to hell quick. Im not trying to bash Bauer or anything but I just dont want people to buy a 400$ plus skate and have it break down on them in a month, Thats not cool.

a kid on my team got the XXXs around christmas time, and his are already showing alot of wear around the toe cap and cuts on the outsole. is this a common problem with the XXXs? are the synergys more durable against this because im looking for skates too.

I got my xxx's a few weeks before christmas and skate about 7 times a week with them, they are holding up great so far, i think the problem with some of bauers skates is that some hold up better than others. so my use compared to most people is quite a bit and 7 times a week over about 3 months almost, and not showing much wear is pretty good to me. not to mention the lighspeed steel is awesome im not sure if its much different than tuuk custom plus's but i have only got my skates sharpened 2 times since ive had them i believe. oh yeah i almost forgot to mention how much better the new liner is than the liner in the old xx's its repels water really good. but than again if the 8090's fit your feet they have this liner also. so id say your best bet between the skates are the 8090s and the xxx's which i highly recommend coming from a grafs and trying out a few pairs of xx's.

Bauer usually doesn't do Skate/stick deals, so i doubt it.

I just got my 8090s and I honestly couldn't be happier with them. They fit ME perfectly...dont know about you though. What skates have you worn in the past that have been comfortable on you?