Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whip

Best Shaft For Roller

Im playing ball hockey but since its no major differnce any roller shaft will work well in ball hockey, so what is the best roller shaft?

So far I am looking at:

Z-Bubble

Tricore

But i know there are better shafts then the above.

Please let me know what everyone uses for roller hockey

well since its only roller and you need a flexier shaft,

an easton typhoon will more than suffice

I think if you're using a puck for roller, this isnt exactly true. I know a lot of people who use 85-100 flex for roller and prefer that to a whippier shaft. Im one of those people, I use a regular flex XN10.

However, seeing as its only ball hockey, I think id suggest something like a whip tricore if thats what you're looking at.

I play for my cities provincial ball hockey team every year, and the most used shafts there are ethier Z-Bubbles, or Cyclones. I'll be using my Z-Bubble when it arrives from hot_shooter, and I know I will like it.

P.S. Use a stiff shaft, much better for stick handeling on the floor!

I prefer Whip shafts for Roller, but stiff shafts for ball hockey. I'd think an Ultra-lite would be perfect because it'll hold up to alot of the slashes you'll get when playing floor hockey. Some of the others may not hold up as well. The Tri-core is an excellent shaft as well.

Thats just what I prefer for ball hockey. I find since I am standing I get alot more weight behind my shots and if I use a whippy shaft I tend to fluff alot of them. The release should be practically the same and power will depend on personal prefrence.

Why stiff shaft? I am looking for a really quick release and more power on my shots.

Well if you want a quicker release use a stiff stick but if you want a hard one use a whippy one.Its a sacrifice you have to make.

if you are playing ball hockey I feel a Z-bubble is almost wasted on it.

Don't need to spend that much money...a Cyclone will be great at the most.

if you are playing ball hockey I feel a Z-bubble is almost wasted on it.

Don't need to spend that much money...a Cyclone will be great at the most.

Lol i wish u could see some of the guys in my league 3 OPS 1 for game 2 for backup, eagle gloves, bauer 5000 helmets with fx50 itech visor, these guys act like they are gettin their gear for free.

I play for my cities provincial ball hockey team every year, and the most used shafts there are ethier Z-Bubbles, or Cyclones. I'll be using my Z-Bubble when it arrives from hot_shooter, and I know I will like it.

P.S. Use a stiff shaft, much better for stick handeling on the floor!

Damn you, I was going to buy that Z-Bubble off of him! But he never reponded to my PM!

I have a Synergy that I use for roller hockey, I traded my cyclone for it. Before that, I loved my cyclone for RH, the 95 flex felt perfect.

At the pro levels of inline hockey...not ball of course..you see as much variation in selection of brands and flex as you would in ice hockey...so I would not say there is any particular trend for "roller hockey"

I would suspect that a more flexible shaft in the hands of a strong shooter who can really create a lot of flex in a shaft when taking a wrist shot, might create some difficulties when playing ball, as the increasingly flattened angle of the blade at the beginning of a traditional wrist shot, will tend to "roll over" the ball more easily than the blade on a stiffer shaft.

One problem I had when coaching kids who learned to shoot with a ball, was just that..they tended not to take the stick and ball back as far to pass or shoot..using more of a "snap shot" action, and starting the motion with the ball much farther forward that they would if they learned using a puck.

Lol i wish u could see some of the guys in my league 3 OPS 1 for game 2 for backup, eagle gloves, bauer 5000 helmets with fx50 itech visor, these guys act like they are gettin their gear for free.

hah, my friend refs a ball hockey league, one team pretty much EVERYONE uses synergy grips, you even see si-core and si-core grips popping up. almost as funny as the guy with eagles and a si-core playing ball, is the si-core and gardening gloves.

For actual Roller Hockey (not on shoes) I liked my 1100 best for shooting, I used a 220 and I loved it. For puck feel I liked my Novius, 260 flex. The Z-Bubble is also a great shaft for Roller (I like a 110). BTW I use a Z-Carbon in all of those. I tried using a 85 M-1 and a 100 Synergy recently but they were all too whippy for me, I just like using a stiff stick, I also don't believe that it takes anything away from my shot, as a matter of fact my shot is harder with a stiffer stick (wristers, snapshots & slappers) For playing Roller outdoor or ball hockey I just use a T-Flex with whatever cheap blades that I can find, Last summer I got 30 T-Flex Blades from CycloneTaylor.com for about $3 a blade, I wish I would have got more because I went through all of them. There's a guy on ebay who has the same auction on there quite often and he sells Leetch blades for $4 a pop, I got some of those form him and they're pretty good too.

Thnx for all the help but i realized that the new technology wouldnt benifit my shot all that much so right now iam looking for a light shaft (lighter then ulra carbon shaft) and something fairly durable thats all i want, i dont want all that taper, focus flex and all that i just want light and durable.

O ya if u r going to recommned me a shaft please aviod telling me to get an inno shaft cuz its too expensive especailly when i live in canada and innos only come in us.

And after reading some post about z-bubble i really question its durability so my list is now:

tricore

genisis (heard that it is messed up can anyone comfirm?)

ultra lite

typhoon

please feel free to commnet on my list of possible shafts.

Thnx in advance.

Guest 2048
Thnx for all the help but i realized that the new technology wouldnt benifit my shot all that much so right now iam looking for a light shaft (lighter then ulra carbon shaft) and something fairly durable thats all i want, i dont want all that taper, focus flex and all that i just want light and durable.

O ya if u r going to recommned me a shaft please aviod telling me to get an inno shaft cuz its too expensive especailly when i live in canada and innos only come in us.

And after reading some post about z-bubble i really question its durability so my list is now:

tricore

ultra lite

typhoon

Thnx in advance.

Why not a rubber? epuck.com is closing them out and it's a great roller hockey shaft if you want a whip flex. They might even have some that are a bit stiffer.

Also check out 1800faceoff.com for the cosmetic blem TPS shafts if they still have any left.

tricore

ultra lite

typhoon

Thnx in advance.

Why not a rubber? epuck.com is closing them out and it's a great roller hockey shaft if you want a whip flex. They might even have some that are a bit stiffer.

Also check out 1800faceoff.com for the cosmetic blem TPS shafts if they still have any left.

The rubber is way too grippy for my liking, its hard for me to slide my hand down.

I have always used wood sticks and recently I got an R2 XN10. So far I absolutely love everything about it. I would recommend that.

Since my hands are too small for a senior I am looking into an Easton Cyclone 95 Flex, I want a lot of whip on my stick but since the Cyclone has intermedaite radius it will be easier to flex then an actual 95 flex, i just checked the Easton Hockey Website and based on their describitons the cyclone is exactly the same as the ultra lite except different radius, and not sure aobut the weight.

So does anyone own the cyclone or kno anything about it?