Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rustyhole

Z-Bubble tapered?

It is a standard shaft, but it has "focus flex". The focus flex is about 1.5-3 in above where the blade goes. It's basically the same thing as the z-carobon accept the focus flew is on the shaft. Question for all you Z-Bubble with Z-Carbon users, if you have 2 focus flexes does it nullify out does it make it whippier? it doesn't make sense to have 2 focus flexes does it? maybe it's just me.

My take is they tried to take a shaft like the T-flex and have it fit standard blades while keeping the performance of the tapered shaft. What the hell do I know though?

if you took a z-bubble and cut it at the end of the taper does that make it a synthesis? :P

Ask Vapor what he called it; we just called it a T-Bubble.

if you took a z-bubble and cut it at the end of the taper does that make it a synthesis? :P

Ask Vapor what he called it; we just called it a T-Bubble.

Jackymc:

As Chadd said, the taper is like the T-Flex. So, if you cut off the part that flares back out to receive standard dimension hosels, it makes a T-Flex composite.

The part that flares back out seems to break easily, so players would cut off the rest of the broken flares and insert T-Flex blades, turning the Z-bubble into a "T-Bubble". I got a broken Z-bubble shaft from the rink; the previous owner had used his skate to break off the flare to save his blade, and threw away the rest of the shaft. I have been using the $1 T-Flex blades (wood) from Cyclone Taylor.

I have been told that the narrower T-Flex dimensions match those of the Synthesis and other comapanies' tapered blade hosels.

if you took a z-bubble and cut it at the end of the taper does that make it a synthesis?

yes but you have to cut at right place but as chadd said it might make it too short.

not for me thought iam 5 5''

If you crack the zbubble on the flare make it in to a t flex would be a best option by cutting low as possible until the blade fits in buts to use t flex blade or one with a longer hosel. But of course t flex and synthesis perform better.