Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blues_91

Hefter helmet "coming soon" to thepenaltybox.com

...and this brand is entirely brand new, its not like they built up credibility (even though in an entirely different line of equipment) like RBK.

Haha, RBK has zero history in the sport but they have good marketing so whatever they sell must be great.

...are you supporting my point or are you arguing it?

That's exactly what I was saying, minus the whatever they sell must be great.

I could walk down the street to my LHS, and ask guys inside if they have heard of Hefter. Ask them if they would shell out 200 bones for a helmet. Then I could ask the same guy if he would be willing to do the same thing for an RBK, I can assure you the answers would differ. Why? Because simply put, RBK is a known name, and Hefter is not. It's the same thing in every facet of life, whether it be food, appliances, clothes, supplies, colors, etc..

Actually, you are proving my point for me. If you don't understand what that means, I can't help you.

So, you don't think CCM had anything to do with Reebok's hockey program? My brother used to work for Reebok, and I got the impression that CCM was involved in some of the development process - but he wasn't on that program per say, so perhaps I am mistaken.

Absolutely the CCM folks had everything to do with the design of the RBK gear. You know more about gear than the average fan and you weren't sure. Most of the kids that are so hyped up on RBK only know that it's RBK and have no idea who designed it, nor do they care.

PLUS.... will Hefter be around in a year? Who knows? But... will Reebok? No problem! Also, if you were to have a problem with Hefter, will they stand behind their product? Do you have those same kind of doubts with Reebok?

Any company that displays it's product in a glass case at the industry show and does NOT let potential buyers even handle it is "shady" to say the least. I doubt they will be around long.

In my experience, folks like to stick with brands they know and are familiar with.

If you want to build customers and loyalty, it's hard when your product cost more than all other products of big brands. They should have low-balled prices at first to build volume, which would be created by word of mouth. For example, I lowered my prices on the Salming OPS just to get a few people to bite. Sales are now slowly building, all word of mouth (and hard promotion by me). Mostly referrals. Had I sold them at full price, it would have been a tougher road to pave.

For example,  I lowered my prices on the Salming OPS just to get a few people to bite.  Sales are now slowly building, all word of mouth (and hard promotion by me) . Mostly referrals.  Had I sold them at full price, it would have been a tougher road to pave.

Thanks, Jimmy, I appreciate that. :)

PS I've spoken to one of the founders of Hefter recently. He said they still hope to come to market. There's more to it than that, but I really can't say anything.

Any company that displays it's product in a glass case at the industry show and does NOT let potential buyers even handle it is "shady" to say the least. I doubt they will be around long.

I wouldn't read too much into that really. I've been to my share of trade shows, never hockey equipment :( , mostlt electronics and computer stuff, and the "untouchable product" is fairly common. It almost always means the same thing: "Our product isn't ready but we want to show something." So they put a cheap but nice looking mock up on display, and they don't let you interact with it because they don't want people walking away with the idea that the cheaply built demo is the actual product.

Even Microsoft routinely pulls this one, and they are hardly an untrustworthy company (evil yes, untrustworthy, no.)

PLUS.... will Hefter be around in a year?  Who knows?  But... will Reebok?  No problem!  Also, if you were to have a problem with Hefter, will they stand behind their product?  Do you have those same kind of doubts with Reebok?

In my experience, folks like to stick with brands they know and are familiar with.

If you want to build customers and loyalty, it's hard when your product cost more than all other products of big brands. They should have low-balled prices at first to build volume, which would be created by word of mouth. For example, I lowered my prices on the Salming OPS just to get a few people to bite. Sales are now slowly building, all word of mouth (and hard promotion by me). Mostly referrals. Had I sold them at full price, it would have been a tougher road to pave.

We've had great luck with the Salming replacement blades with the same methods. Everyone who uses them absolutely loves the puck feel. It's nearly identical to the 2004 Christian comp blade that I loved so much.

I wouldn't read too much into that really. I've been to my share of trade shows, never hockey equipment :( , mostlt electronics and computer stuff, and the "untouchable product" is fairly common. It almost always means the same thing: "Our product isn't ready but we want to show something." So they put a cheap but nice looking mock up on display, and they don't let you interact with it because they don't want people walking away with the idea that the cheaply built demo is the actual product.

Even Microsoft routinely pulls this one, and they are hardly an untrustworthy company (evil yes, untrustworthy, no.)

A little different than an electronic or software item that can be displayed as a mock up, with a full explanation of what it does. Equipment has feel and has to be tried on. But it was more than just not having a few models to examine. They had unrealistic minimum buys as well. Scared dealers away.

They would have been better off to show their ready/certified/perhaps pro or college worn helmet at the 2006 show (now only 3 months away)

Thanks, Jimmy, I appreciate that. :)

PS I've spoken to one of the founders of Hefter recently. He said they still hope to come to market. There's more to it than that, but I really can't say anything.

Your welcome. I have this nice demo I use to sell your sticks. I take a cutoff piece from a G1, at the butt end. And a cut off pice of say an Easton. Then I get a big wooden mallet and go to town on them. The G1 has yet to crack. The Easton's usually shatter on the first whack. :D It's the deal closer for many.

Your welcome. I have this nice demo I use to sell your sticks. I take a cutoff piece from a G1, at the butt end. And a cut off pice of say an Easton. Then I get a big wooden mallet and go to town on them. The G1 has yet to crack. The Easton's usually shatter on the first whack. :D It's the deal closer for many.

Oooh, I like that! :lol:

A little different than an electronic or software item that can be displayed as a mock up, with a full explanation of what it does.  Equipment has feel and has to be tried on.  But it was more than just not having a few models to examine.  They had unrealistic minimum buys as well. Scared dealers away.

They would have been better off to show their ready/certified/perhaps pro or college worn helmet at the 2006 show (now only 3 months away)

It's really not all that different. Computers and Electronics have their own distinct 'feel' also. I'm not interested in buying anything I can't interact with either. Vendors can give me books full of details and statistics, but until I see the real deal in person, I'm not interested.

I was just saying that having an untouchable demo is not neccesarily shady.

A little different than an electronic or software item that can be displayed as a mock up, with a full explanation of what it does.  Equipment has feel and has to be tried on.  But it was more than just not having a few models to examine.  They had unrealistic minimum buys as well. Scared dealers away.

It's really not all that different. Computers and Electronics have their own distinct 'feel' also. I'm not interested in buying anything I can't interact with either. Vendors can give me books full of details and statistics, but until I see the real deal in person, I'm not interested.

I was just saying that having an untouchable demo is not neccesarily shady.

No but it's an indication that a real production model is still not close to reality. In software, once a product "goes gold" it is released to manufacturing and shows up on the shelves a couple weeks later. With hockey equipment, the lead time is much longer and with helmets their is an extended process for certification as well.

Sorry to bring back an old topic but...

My coach this year is Denis Hefter, and he said that he is in the process of selling Hefter Helmets to CCM. The Hefter Helmet will be called the Vector. Just thought that you would like to know

Sorry to bring back an old topic but...

My coach this year is Denis Hefter, and he said that he is in the process of selling Hefter Helmets to CCM. The Hefter Helmet will be called the Vector. Just thought that you would like to know

do you have a hefter helmet? Or anyone on your team? Is it certified?

When they get the CSA, HECC, and CE stamps of approval on them I'll give one a try but not until it does the safety standards circuit like all other helmets need to. :angry:

Selling the Hefter rights to become a Vector helmet??? I thought somone on here said Vector was going to be phased out over the next few years...specifically the skate line. JR? Chadd? Care to chime in?

CCM has invested a lot into having gloves, sticks and skates under the vector name and while I would expect them to update or "refresh" the line of skates, I don't imagine they would abandon a name that has been very profitable for them. If the new Vector line doesn't sell as well, I could see it being renamed something else a few years down the road.

I have a Hefter account and would be more than happy to keep you guys posted on the subject.. My rep is supposedly going get me a answewer today.. I have had tons of people inquiring about them... I am starting to wonder if we will see them at all this season.. Maybe if they can't make it I would'nt be surprised if some other company will buy their tech.. If they do come out with this helmet you will see a big improvment with all the manufactures.. I think we're due for a newer tech advanced helmet considering EPP has been in the hockey market for 7 years now.

I think we're due for a newer tech advanced helmet considering EPP has been in the hockey market for 7 years now.

So I guess that makes all the Easton bucket rumors a little more sound eh? Easton is the king of "new technology" as we all know...

CCM has invested a lot into having gloves, sticks and skates under the vector name and while I would expect them to update or "refresh" the line of skates, I don't imagine they would abandon a name that has been very profitable for them. If the new Vector line doesn't sell as well, I could see it being renamed something else a few years down the road.

I agree. I even expect the old tack line (452, 652, etc to go away and Vectors to replace. We now have vector gloves. Vector shins, elbows, shoulders to follow is the natural progression.