Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

Applying stick wax

Hi im thinking of getting some A&R stick wax but just to check do you apply it to the blade or the tape on your blade?

Also i know it says for ice hockey use only but can you still use it for Roller as i play both

Just put it on the tape

You can use it for both but you may leave marks on the floor if you wax the bottom of the blade.

A&R wax is ok, but snap or Mr Zogs are better.

Hi im thinking of getting some A&R stick wax but just to check do you apply it to the blade or the tape on your blade?

Also i know it says for ice hockey use only but can you still use it for Roller as i play both

Take the wax and rub it over the entire tape surface; front, back, and even the tops and bottoms. Then take a puck and use the gritty edges of the puck to work the wax into the tape and then you're good to go.

There is no need to use wax for roller hockey seeing as though there is no snow build up, but I guess you could use it for extra grip. You would apply it the same way you would for ice, but only apply the wax to the front and back of the tape, definitely not the bottom.

there would really be no point doing it for roller, unless you are going to be pulling Legg's everywhere.....it is meant to prevent snow build up..

The added grip helps put more spin on the puck, producing a heavier shot. At least in theory.

...I wish I could get away with one period with a tape-jop sans wax. I've tried playing without wax, but usually ended up switching sticks and eventually re-taping them (with wax) in the middle of the game.

I re-tape and wax my sticks after every game or practice. Unfortunately, I'm really pretty obsessive about my sticks, so one tape-job takes me about 15-20 minutes at the very least, so it's really pretty labor-intensive.

I re-tape and wax my sticks after every game or practice. Unfortunately, I'm really pretty obsessive about my sticks, so one tape-job takes me about 15-20 minutes at the very least, so it's really pretty labor-intensive.

lol same with me my sticks have to be perfect or else I do it all over again.My friends think I'm a loser :(