Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avery16

hockey officials gear

Not adjustable, but you could be an idiot like me and spend an extra $30 on a "custom" pair. Which is literally just an off the shelf pair with the legs hemmed. Not sure why they needed my various measurements for that.

I also hate the fabric.. almost like a screen door mesh :P

would that lead to many issues with fit?

Not adjustable, but you could be an idiot like me and spend an extra $30 on a "custom" pair. Which is literally just an off the shelf pair with the legs hemmed. Not sure why they needed my various measurements for that.

I also hate the fabric.. almost like a screen door mesh :P

how did you do that? did you speak with stevens directly?

would that lead to many issues with fit?

Well, mine don't even remotely fit. If that's what you meant.. heh.

how did you do that? did you speak with stevens directly?

Nah, ordered through refcloset.com

They aren't adjustable in the sense that there is no velcro to adjust, but a skilled tailor can move the pads up or down.

I wish ours had nameplates.

No, no you don't. You don't want the parents to know anything about you. Some of them will go to stalker-ish lengths to avenge perfectly legitimate calls at a youth hockey game.

No, no you don't. You don't want the parents to know anything about you. Some of them will go to stalker-ish lengths to avenge perfectly legitimate calls at a youth hockey game.

Ah yea I've heard that before. I just think it looks better with something on the back. Maybe a number instead?

Ah yea I've heard that before. I just think it looks better with something on the back. Maybe a number instead?

That only works when you have a very limited number of officials. For youth hockey, you would need 5 digit numbers in each district.

I agree with Chad. Ever since I had a parent recognize me in a local store and give me a world of shit for "costing johnny's team the game", Ive wished tinted visors were allowed.

Meanwhile, nothing mentioned about the two-hander that almost broke the kids arm that put them down a man for 5.

how long do you guys get your pants hemmed? how far down on the skates..

in regards to stevens pants, how long did it take to break them in? did you do anything special to break them in?

To break in the stevens pants roll the leg pads onto themselves like a tortilla (long way) and slip your shin tights up the leg. Keep them wrapped after your games and they should curl nicely.

I hem pants so when I have a full knee bend they come up about 2" from the top of the eyelet.

To break in the stevens pants roll the leg pads onto themselves like a tortilla (long way) and slip your shin tights up the leg. Keep them wrapped after your games and they should curl nicely.

I hem pants so when I have a full knee bend they come up about 2" from the top of the eyelet.

where on your boot when you stand straight up? thanks for all the info laser

Correct. By making them a little longer in the back, you'll keep them from getting tucked behind the tendon guard when you skate, even if you have shin tights on. If you look at a good pair of suit pants, they're not the same length front to back, either.