Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gretsch

Equipment Bag, Recommendations?

I got that email too. says "no longer available". I think I may have gotten the last one to use as a spare. :)

Not at all surprised it sold out that quick :)

I'll be the 2nd to offer a different opinion. I have no experience with the warrior pro bag.

I can say I really like my Grit Roller Tower. If I were to do it over again I would get the Grit GT2 Sumo so I had a few extra inches for my gear.

My current bag is tight with very little room for anything extra. I like how it keeps all my gear in one place with with a quick glance I can tell if everything is in my bag thus saving me the frustration of getting to the rink and not having something....

The interal pockets and mesh bag are nice. Over all regular roller 9 of 10 the Sumo would be a 10 of 10.

http://www.gritinc.net/canada/hockey/sumo.html

I support the previous statement (pathfinder: Grit Sumo) 100%.

I bought the 36 inch GRIT HT5 a few months ago. I like it, it rolls easy and keeps my stuff organized, but at 6'2, 215 (XL pants, XL shouldies, L elbows, 17 inch shins, M helmet, 10.5 skates), I can barely fit my gear in there. And then, I require a backpack for jerseys and baselayers. When I was buying, I considered the SUMO, but then I thought $350 for a bag, sheesh, and maybe the $150 savings is worth it if all it is doing is forcing me to bring this second bag.

Anyway, thumbs up for GRIT, and my next one will definitely be the bigger size. The one I got I think will be ideal, if you are an adult running 2 sizes down for your gear (say 14 or 15 inch shins, M shouldies, M pants, 13 inch gloves, M elbows, etc.):

http://www.gritinc.net/canada/hockey/ht5.html

I support the previous statement (pathfinder: Grit Sumo) 100%.

I bought the 36 inch GRIT HT5 a few months ago. I like it, it rolls easy and keeps my stuff organized, but at 6'2, 215 (XL pants, XL shouldies, L elbows, 17 inch shins, M helmet, 10.5 skates), I can barely fit my gear in there. And then, I require a backpack for jerseys and baselayers. When I was buying, I considered the SUMO, but then I thought $350 for a bag, sheesh, and maybe the $150 savings is worth it if all it is doing is forcing me to bring this second bag.

Anyway, thumbs up for GRIT, and my next one will definitely be the bigger size. The one I got I think will be ideal, if you are an adult running 2 sizes down for your gear (say 14 or 15 inch shins, M shouldies, M pants, 13 inch gloves, M elbows, etc.):

http://www.gritinc.net/canada/hockey/ht5.html

I'm considering the 36 inch grit bag, as my Bauer premium 37inch roller just failed on the pull handle. The store has offered full credit, and thus looking at switching. I wear XL shoulders, 16 inch shin/knee, 54 tackla pants, XL helmet and 9EE skates. Am I going to be disappointed?

I'd doubt that the Sumo would fit in the trunk of my car, and the trunk is huge! :ohmy:

I wouldn't have room in my FJ for the beer and grill

I'd like to do a grit bag for my goalie stuff but I can't fit a regular bag in my trunk let alone that thing :( And next car will be even worse! (Going from BMW 135i to a Porsche Cayman S)

I have to take wife's BMW X1 to games as it is :P

sounds like maybe you've made the wrong choice in vehicle for your needs.

LOL too true... I think I may have my priorities backwards! ;)

I'd like to do a grit bag for my goalie stuff but I can't fit a regular bag in my trunk let alone that thing :( And next car will be even worse! (Going from BMW 135i to a Porsche Cayman S)

I have to take wife's BMW X1 to games as it is :P

I see plenty of two seaters at my local rink. You just have to put the gear in the front seat. In fact I had my Dad's Fiat Spyder in High School and actually drove w/ two players and gear. Be creative. The Cayman has a decent cargo area.

Received the GRIT HTSE 36" bag yesterday and went through the task of organizing the equipment. I initially did not think it would all fit. After sitting back and reading the instructions, I realized the shelf system is adjustable by height inside the bag. Meaning you can determine what length you want to suspend the shelf system inside the bag from the top. After cranking the shelf system to the top, I easily fit all my gear. I'm really pleased with the bag and how it is designed. Plenty of room for all equipment and extra Jerseys, socks, and tape.

Suggestions for goalie bags? None of the reviews on goaliemonkey for any of their bags seem especially great. Prefer wheeled. Also prefer pads inside the bag since my pads don't have leather straps to hang them over my shoulders.

Likely going to go with the GRIT goalie tower, since our team goalie has one and he loves it. But just curious what the rest of you think.

Also, the more compartments/pockets the better.

The goalie bags I've seen w/ wheels usually fall apart in less than a year of regular use. YMMV.

The Pro Style Bags w/ wheels might prove more durable, but I know how you feel about lack of compartments.

I use the Bauer goal bag. Pads don't go IN the bag, but there's a system to strap the pads on top of the bag though.

Whatever size you think you need, go one bigger.

I'm considering the 36 inch grit bag, as my Bauer premium 37inch roller just failed on the pull handle. The store has offered full credit, and thus looking at switching. I wear XL shoulders, 16 inch shin/knee, 54 tackla pants, XL helmet and 9EE skates. Am I going to be disappointed?

You sound identical to me. You will only be disappointed if you plan on fitting all of the accessories (jerseys, jocks, understocks, oversocks, etc.) with all of your gear, inside of the GRIT Tower. I can squeeze all of my gear in there, but require the backpack to bring my 2 different color jerseys and long jock pants.. I manage to fit all other accessories into the GRIT Tower (under and over socks, tape, etc.).

So, I am happy with my purchase, just aware that I do not have the extra cargo space that I used to enjoy with the traditional bag.

You sound identical to me. You will only be disappointed if you plan on fitting all of the accessories (jerseys, jocks, understocks, oversocks, etc.) with all of your gear, inside of the GRIT Tower. I can squeeze all of my gear in there, but require the backpack to bring my 2 different color jerseys and long jock pants.. I manage to fit all other accessories into the GRIT Tower (under and over socks, tape, etc.).

So, I am happy with my purchase, just aware that I do not have the extra cargo space that I used to enjoy with the traditional bag.

Ha, Twins!?

I was able to fit the Jerseys and jock pant, shirt, and socks in the outer bag. Mind you, I show up at a rink in shorts, T shirt, and flip flops, not a parker with boots, like you guys up North.[emoji2]

Ha, Twins!?

I was able to fit the Jerseys and jock pant, shirt, and socks in the outer bag. Mind you, I show up at a rink in shorts, T shirt, and flip flops, not a parker with boots, like you guys up North.[emoji2]

What is the outger bag? The front pocket? Garment/ landry bag?