Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mug25

Pre/Intra/Post Workout Supplements

What do you guys take for supplements? Pre, Intra, Post.

For me it's currently:

Morning:

Animal Pak Multi

Grenade (1 pill)

Pre:

Grenade (1 pill)

Gaspari SizeOn (1 Scoop)

MusclePharm Creatine (5g)

Gaspari Anavite (3 pills)

Intra:

Scivation Xtend

Gaspari Myofusion Probiotic (2 scoops)

Genr8 Vitargo S2 (2 scoops)

Vitamin Shoppe Glutamine Capsules (3-4 pills)

Bed:

MusclePharm ZMA Max (2 pills)

ON 100% Casein (1.5 Scoops)

Morning:

Max's Supershred (1 scoop)

Pre:

Nothing, I find that I can't get to sleep on most pre workout supplements

Intra:

Scivation Xtend

BNRG Protowhey (2 scoops)

Bed:

1 tsp L-Glutamine

ON Amino Chewables (2 tablets)

Max's Nitetime Protein (1 scoop)

I use BSN Xplode 2.0 as a pre-workout supplement. Jack3d did give me trouble sleeping, but I find with the BSN as long as I take it well clear of bed time I don't have a problem with sleeping. Ya gotta watch mixing pre-workout supplements and fat burners though, there's caffeine overload city.

I use BSN Xplode 2.0 as a pre-workout supplement. Jack3d did give me trouble sleeping, but I find with the BSN as long as I take it well clear of bed time I don't have a problem with sleeping. Ya gotta watch mixing pre-workout supplements and fat burners though, there's caffeine overload city.

Jack3d gave me headaches :(

Cellucore P6 in morning and before bed

1 oxyelite pro in the morning

GNC Megaman Sport Vitamin in the morning

jacked preworkout (around 4pm)

I've cut out the Grenade. I think it's been a culprit with my recent stomach issues :/ Prob way too much caffeine.

Picked up some Cinnamon Roll flavored Myofusion Protein today. The stuff tastes AMAZING!!!!!

Pure creatine monohydrate powder post-workout. The rest is just proper nutrition and I easily get my gram of protein per pound of body weight.

And x2 on whoever said to be careful mixing Jack3d, OxyElite, etc. I just read an article the other day about some military guys who died on a run and they're blaming those products.

And x2 on whoever said to be careful mixing Jack3d, OxyElite, etc. I just read an article the other day about some military guys who died on a run and they're blaming those products.

Was it the combo of the two together or just one of them?

Was it the combo of the two together or just one of them?

Most likely a combo. People take Jack3d all the time without issues. It's one of the most widely used pre workouts. But you also have to take into consideration, the stuff has A LOT of caffeine in it. It's easy to overdose on stuff. Most cases where you hear about people having health complications due to supplements, it's usually because they were too dense to stick to the dosage on the label.

I've taken everything from the most potent pre-workouts (1MR, Neurocore, Jack3d) to some of the weaker ones (Assault, NO Shotgun, White Flood etc.,) and have never had any issues. Then again, I stuck to the dosage on the label.

I stick to whats one the label and based on what i found, it seemed safe to take 1 Oxyelite early morning (630 am) and add in jackd much later (like 430 pm) but after this news i think im going to cut the Oxyelite

I stick to whats one the label and based on what i found, it seemed safe to take 1 Oxyelite early morning (630 am) and add in jackd much later (like 430 pm) but after this news i think im going to cut the Oxyelite

You don't need to cut it b/c one person has a problem. You're giving your body more than enough time between servings. By the time 4:30pm rolls around, the Oxyelite is long out of your system.

Nothing, I try to eat a balanced diet and let the nutrients fall where they may.

Best answer so far. 99% of supplements are useless and the people taking them probably have sub-par diets to begin with.

Best answer so far. 99% of supplements are useless and the people taking them probably have sub-par diets to begin with.

To each his own. Supplements should never be considered the "magic pill", they should be paired to help aid in training/fat loss — hence the term "supplements". In that 1% of supplements that are NOT useless, I hope you're including things that have been scientifically proven to significantly aid in recovery like Whey Protein & BCAA's.

My diet is pretty much on point. I record all of my macronutrients, eat 6 small meals a day, control all of my portions and schedule my "cheat meals". Taking certain supplements has been scientifically proven to help aid in muscle gain & fat loss.

I've only lost 50lbs. of fat and have went from squatting just 250 to 400lbs. in 25 weeks. I'd say what I'm doing (diet + training + supplements) is working.