Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCOMPL

2013-2014 Sticks

Not sure what else there is to say. It continues the Nexon's line of low kick-point sticks, which is mentioned, while having the smaller, rounded shaft similar to the Nexon more so than what the T series is.

I saw a Nexon in store last week (never seen one before). Wow, what a weird shaft shape. Very round! This may work for me as I prefer shaft dimensions of an intermediate stick but probably shouldn't be using a 65 flex ;)

Tempted to try an EK15. Do they have anything close to a CCM Landeskog?

I saw a Nexon in store last week (never seen one before). Wow, what a weird shaft shape. Very round! This may work for me as I prefer shaft dimensions of an intermediate stick but probably shouldn't be using a 65 flex ;)

Tempted to try an EK15. Do they have anything close to a CCM Landeskog?

PP01 Smith is similar I think. It's Sher-Wood's toe curve.

Not even close. Landeskog isnt a toe curve at all.

I don't think they have anything that's a clone to that. I guess a Stastny would be closest, though that may be a stretch

I think the PP9 or PP19 would be close enough (they look identical to me?). I've only been using the CCM Landeskog for about a month anyway, so I'm not completely against it being similar but not exact. Looks like Ice Warehouse only has the PP26 initially.

Yea I'm just basing my comments on the blade charts and diagrams. I've never even looked at Sherwood before so hard to make comparisons.

I don't really want a toe curve at all. I was just trying to compare the CCM diagram to the Sherwood diagrams. I've always hated blade diagrams for this reason, they're hard to get a feeling for what the curve is actually like based on the diagram alone.

I've been using the landeskog for a month now and like it. It's a pretty mild curve, which I like. Not a fan of big ridiculous toe curves or banana curves.

Yea I'm just basing my comments on the blade charts and diagrams. I've never even looked at Sherwood before so hard to make comparisons.

I don't really want a toe curve at all. I was just trying to compare the CCM diagram to the Sherwood diagrams. I've always hated blade diagrams for this reason, they're hard to get a feeling for what the curve is actually like based on the diagram alone.

I've been using the landeskog for a month now and like it. It's a pretty mild curve, which I like. Not a fan of big ridiculous toe curves or banana curves.

It's because they take pictures from different angles and distances away from the blade, there is no such thing as a standard position. If you look at your curve from directly above (as some charts have it), versus from parallel to the shaft (as others) versus, say an arbitrary intermediate point between the two positions at an arbitrary distance away, your curve looks drastically different.

I genuinely don't know what to tell you guys. It sure doesn't seem all that big when I'm using it.

(Landeskog on the left, Tavares on the right)

r2u1jHgl.png

But either way, it's still not even remotely close to the PP01 Smith toe curve.

I think it would match the PP88 the most if it was the same lie (which it isnt), so it appears to be closest to PP09.

CCM-C46-Landeskog-Blade-Curve-2013.jpg

Sherwood-PP88-LS-Blade-Pattern-Curve.jpgSherwood-PP09-Ryan-Blade-Pattern-Curve.j

Eh. Even in your pics you can see that curve is huge. It doesnt even come close to the Ryan curve if you ask me, which is cross between a Drury/Vanek id say. And no, the pp88/Kane is a small/different curve compared to the p46. I have a pp88 right in front of me, I can post a pic if you'd like.

the p88 is a smaller curve than the landeskog. I think the landeskog is one of the deepest retail curves available, which is why i havent used it. I still think its closest sherwood curve would be the coffey but my knowledge on these curves is limited because they are both deep so ive avoided them.

Walked into a local retailer with my son yesterday we were looking at getting him a back-up stick to his NXG. We were looking at various sticks and picked up another NXG and commented on how light it was, at that particular moment one of the floor guys comes up to us and says "hey you wan to try the lightest stick in the whole store......Ill show to you ....but you won't like it"

Shortly there after the guy hands over the Sherwood Rekker EK15 to us with a smile on his face. I see the Sherwood logo and instinctively cringe a little....and then I picked up the stick....holy crap!! Fortunately I am not the one who has to use it but my son was equally impressed and you know how kids can be when it comes to brand names. As luck would have it, the lie is the same as his current NXG and we were able to find a comparable curve so we decided to buy it. The boy decides to try the stick during the warm-up to test it out. It wasn't until half way through the game that I realized he was using the Sherwood. Bottom line is that he loves the stick

Do yourself a favour and at least check it out. It's about 30-40% cheaper than other high end sticks and you are not sacrificing any quality or features. This could be the stick that helps resurrect the Sherwood brand in hockey...and if that happens, we probably won't see the same pricing in subsequent stick revisions. Good work Sherwood.

Okay, a couple questions...

Why did he think you wouldn't like it and how did you purchase one already? I didn't think they were set to release until Nov. 1st.