Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

Video Game Console Question

Do you mean a better graphics chip for the 360 or processor chip?

New processor chip, that will hopefully eliminate the Red Ring of Death problems. Also, M$ just upped their warranty from 1 year, to 3 years, so I suppose that is worth something, and gives a little piece of mind.

Really? Is there a cut-off date from the time it was purchased?

The reason Sony is losing this round is really because they aren't giving people what they want. XBOX and Wii are selling/sold through the roof already compared to PS3 Simply because they are offering what people want, Good games that people want to play. I'm still on my wii hunt, there are still none to be found. I also must say from switching over to 360 from PS2, I love xbox live so much.

Do you mean a better graphics chip for the 360 or processor chip?

New processor chip, that will hopefully eliminate the Red Ring of Death problems. Also, M$ just upped their warranty from 1 year, to 3 years, so I suppose that is worth something, and gives a little piece of mind.

Really? Is there a cut-off date from the time it was purchased?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm

Microsoft will repair the console free of charge—including shipping—for three years from the console’s purchase date.

I'm holding out on buying a new gen console until about the release of NHL '08 so I can see which system I really want before dropping all the coin on one.

My question is with the whole 3-year Xbox 360 warranty, does that mean unlimited repairs/returns? Because I know a couple friends of mine that have had 3 or 4 returns but I've never asked to see if they were all free of charge, so I was just wondering.

I'm holding out on buying a new gen console until about the release of NHL '08 so I can see which system I really want before dropping all the coin on one.

My question is with the whole 3-year Xbox 360 warranty, does that mean unlimited repairs/returns? Because I know a couple friends of mine that have had 3 or 4 returns but I've never asked to see if they were all free of charge, so I was just wondering.

It's been well documented that the EA games will run 60fps on the Xbox 360 and only 30 fps on the PS3. Microsoft's box is just much easier to develop on so companies build on Xbox and port to PS3, which makes it tougher for them to polish the games as well as on Xbox. Both NHL and Madden will be 60fps on Xbox and 30fps on PS3 this year.

Also, there is an Xbox price drop coming tomorrow.

Xbox price drop imminent

Times or years?

I've sent mine out once.

Years, and they'll go back and reimburse you too if you ever paid for service out of warranty.

If your talking to me, I don't watch movies I was just talking about games.

Games are on Blu-Ray discs which enables them to store much much more content than on your 360s DVD9s.

More good news for you 360-GTAIV fans:

An interview with the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine reveals that Rockstar's creative VP Dan Houser believes the 360 is impairing the development of Grand Theft Auto IV. According to the magazine's online partner, Computer and Videogames, Houser says the lack of a guaranteed hard drive and the smaller storage space of the DVD format is limiting the game's progress. In contrast, all PS3s have a built-in hard drive and the console's Blu-Ray format can hold about five times as much content as DVD.

:ph34r:

The extended warranty is a good deal but it's also a "hey, we made something pretty faulty LOL sry thx"

It's been well documented that the EA games will run 60fps on the Xbox 360 and only 30 fps on the PS3. Microsoft's box is just much easier to develop on so companies build on Xbox and port to PS3, which makes it tougher for them to polish the games as well as on Xbox. Both NHL and Madden will be 60fps on Xbox and 30fps on PS3 this year.

Will you be able to tell the difference between 60fps and 30 fps or how much of a difference will it be.?

I find there is a massive difference between 30 and 60.

Same.

They say you cant see past 30fps. I think thats a crock. Its like saying that EVERYBODY can see a certain distance. Everybody is different. I get headaches watching anything less than 40 frames a second and I can notice a difference between 30 and 40. After 40 I cant tell but I have a friend who can notice a difference between 40 and 50. There was a video demo that came with his hd dvd player that displays different FPS. It plays the same video over and over at different fps so you can see the difference. There IS a big difference.. its just hard to notice for most people unless you see them side by side.

The thing about 30 and 60 is also that, if it chokes at all, there wont be that huge of a difference. I would rather play a game with slightly worse graphics any day than a better looking slow running video. On the computer at leased.

The extended warranty is a good deal but it's also a "hey, we made something pretty faulty LOL sry thx"

exactly right.

So now which console do i get? The PS3 is cheaper now and has blu ray but the ea games play at 30 fps compared to 60 on the 360. The xbox has the red ring of death problem and stuff but the ea games are 60 fps. Also i mostly play sports games(NCAA , madden, nhl) so would i be better off with the 360 or would the PS3 still be the better choice.

So now which console do i get? The PS3 is cheaper now and has blu ray but the ea games play at 30 fps compared to 60 on the 360. The xbox has the red ring of death problem and stuff but the ea games are 60 fps. Also i mostly play sports games(NCAA , madden, nhl) so would i be better off with the 360 or would the PS3 still be the better choice.

I have probably changed my mind 8 times while reading this thread...I might just get a PS2 for a couple of years until all these damn prices come down and the bugs are worked out. As long as I can get NHL 08, FIFA 08, and NCAA Football 08, I should be good.

But yeah, just like with hockey gear, in a couple of years there'll be something new and you'll have to go back to square one.

What's new for NCAA 08? I'm in season 15 of my Dynasty and I was wondering if I can import that into 08?

Oh, I wasn't aware you could do that on PS3

But it sucks!

On XboX live you have to have at least DSL on PS online you can have dial-up which makes alot of gameplay terrible.

Yeah I'll agree that it's not that great but it's free, so it all depends how much you'd play online. To me I don't "get" online gameplaying because I need to see the faces of the people I school in person.

I hear what you mean. And I'm pretty much the same way, on my own I only really play about 3-5 video games out of the 40+ I own, yet when some of my buddies come over we'll play for the fun of talking shit no matter if your winning or losing.

P.S. To the thread starter, I have both PS3 and XboX360 and right now, I really like the 360. Though, I may be going for GTA: IV on the PS3 instead.

If you can wait till NHL 08 comes out I suggest going to Futureshop or BestBuy or EBGames and trying it out, then buying whichever system you want based on that. Though, as mack has been saying. The BlueRay player is a great selling point, especially if you were thinking of getting on anyway.