Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

Video Game Console Question

I don't doubt any seemingly high/exaggerated numbers after hearing that lady talk about the number they ship back. Not to mention no one gave him an ETA on the return date, Microsoft is just horrible. If he gets a new one I hope it at least has the new chip.

It's 3-day select to get it to them, they usually take a couple of days, and send you another one. Mine took like a week and a half. They also gave me a month Live card for the inconvenience.

I don't doubt any seemingly high/exaggerated numbers after hearing that lady talk about the number they ship back. Not to mention no one gave him an ETA on the return date, Microsoft is just horrible. If he gets a new one I hope it at least has the new chip.

It's 3-day select to get it to them, they usually take a couple of days, and send you another one. Mine took like a week and a half. They also gave me a month Live card for the inconvenience.

Was it an entirely new/different unit? If it comes back with the same SN I'm thinking my brother's going to GameStop and trading it in for some credit.

Was it an entirely new/different unit? If it comes back with the same SN I'm thinking my brother's going to GameStop and trading it in for some credit.

He's most likely getting a completely different refurb unit. I havent heard of many, if any, getting their machine back.

Eh, hopefully it pans out then. At least he got to keep his hard drive as I've heard that used to have to be sent in as well.

Thats why they extended the warranty to 3 years....because its built like crap.

There actually not bad as a whole. Just bad heat sinks on the processor.

Software giant admits there are 11.6 million faulty consoles sold in the past 19 months, will have to be fixed.

Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail.

The firm will extend the warranty coverage from one to three years to compensate consumers, but does not plan to instate a recall or exchange programme.

Microsoft gaming chief Robbie Bach claimed in a conference call with financial analysts that the design issues surfaced recently.

Ouch.

Apparently, Microsoft is about to pull a Sega.

Linkage

That article looks completely made up to me. Note the topic of the guys blog: "Parody"

JR or MAck did you.your brothers 360s freeze at random times when you were playing it? Mine is doing this more recently, and i'm wondering if it will lead to its death.

I had it freeze up once.

I never got the Ring of Death - I got one red light (bottom right) which was a faulty A/V cable hookup. I would have to pull out the HD and the A/V cable then it would work. THen the DVD drive went bad on me and that's when I had to send it out.

Mine froze which led to the ring. Is the ring problem fixed on the refurbs? Mine's been going through some power gaming between me and my brother and im hoping it will hold up.

Lots of the games comming out now dont work well on my tv. For example, i jsut dl'd the blue dragon demo and i cant read the text very well because its so small. Is this because I dont have an HD tv? Eventualy will all the new games require me to buy an hdtv? Or is there a setting somewhere that iam missing? 360 by the way.

JR or MAck did you.your brothers 360s freeze at random times when you were playing it? Mine is doing this more recently, and i'm wondering if it will lead to its death.

Mine is too.

Tons of "disc is unreadable" messages as well.

Mine is too.

Tons of "disc is unreadable" messages as well.

Mine has frozen around four time recently and maybe 6 or 7 since i got it. I have only gotten "disc unreadable" once playing Forza 2, so I took it out and popped it back in. So here comes another question. should i keep playing it or should i call Microsoft and ask what to do?

There is a big thing with 360's also apparently scratching discs while they play, look it up on Google and you'll find lots of info., maybe that is causing the freezing or cannot read disc errors.

Yup, it happened with my buddies. Completely destroyed his Call Of Duty 3. The outside 1/4 of the disc looked like it had been sandpapered. We brought the system and game back to the store and they gave him a brand new system, new COD 3 and Forza within about 20 minutes of us being there.

There is a big thing with 360's also apparently scratching discs while they play, look it up on Google and you'll find lots of info., maybe that is causing the freezing or cannot read disc errors.

Yeah, I've read that too... I also noticed, when you straight up power down the console while still playing your game.... when it stops, you can literally hear the disc rattle around because the drive stops abruptly. It ruined a couple of my games.... I started leaving the game, going to the Dashboard, then powering down the machine... no issues yet.

Yeah, I've read that too... I also noticed, when you straight up power down the console while still playing your game.... when it stops, you can literally hear the disc rattle around because the drive stops abruptly. It ruined a couple of my games.... I started leaving the game, going to the Dashboard, then powering down the machine... no issues yet.

That's what happens. The disc scratches, then the disc drive stops spinning, and that's the kiss of death.

It happens all the time, but it hasn't rendered any games unplayable... But it has a nasty habit of doing that when I am doing very well in R6.

It just happened again when i was playing rainbow six. We had an insane comeback goin and it just froze. I checked the disc and there is no visible scratches. i think it is the xbox :(

I didn't get an ETA either. Today will be the 2 week mark from when I shipped my console back.

How timely this topic is. I just returned home today from a business trip. Turned on my 360 to download the Stranglehold demo. Three.Red.Lights.

:angry:

It's going to take a few days for them to ship me the box (at least they are here in Austin!) and then he said it's taking 3-5 weeks for a replacement to come.

You're supposed to be able to check on the status of your return with your reference # and serial # online, or you can phone in with your reference #.

I didn't get an ETA either. Today will be the 2 week mark from when I shipped my console back.

That sucks, I hope it doesn't take that long here. Including here, other people I know of who've run into this said once they get yours they're pretty good on sending one back out. One guy I know has done this 3 times and is still loyal to MS.

Is it me, or does the 360 get REALLY hot even after 30 minutes? I felt the back vent (where the cables are) after ONE game on R6, and it felt incredibly hot.

They definitely need more fans in there, I think.