Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

Video Game Console Question

Will the NHL games on the PS3 have a lower fps than on the xbox 360 like NCAA and madden are supposed to have?

No.

So, when the power went out yesterday I was playing 360.

Since then my controller won't connect and my wireless router won't recognize my xbox.

Anybody have any experience with anything like this?

You have to hold the "connect" button on both the console and controller(s) untill they register. It actually happened to me last week.

Oh yeah, you only hold those two for about 10 seconds, then you hold the Green X on the controller.

You have to hold the "connect" button on both the console and controller(s) untill they register. It actually happened to me last week.

Oh yeah, you only hold those two for about 10 seconds, then you hold the Green X on the controller.

Yeah I've tried everything, no luck. I just get the green ring of light flashing on the controller.

As far as it has been announced, its football only (NCAA 08, Madden 08 and 2k8).

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160709

It's been documented in the EA Sports forums that NHL 08 will also run only 30fps on PS3. Sorry, I'm too lazy to find the link. B)

I think it is highly suspected it will run at 30 FPS, but it probably won't be confirmed as fact until the game is released.

Yeah I've tried everything, no luck. I just get the green ring of light flashing on the controller.

Hope your system didnt get fryed. :blink:

Hope your system didnt get fryed. :unsure:

As far as it has been announced, its football only (NCAA 08, Madden 08 and 2k8).

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160709

It's been documented in the EA Sports forums that NHL 08 will also run only 30fps on PS3. Sorry, I'm too lazy to find the link. B)

So PS3 will only run on 30fps? WHat will the xbox 360 run on and what was the fps on last years NHL games.

So, when the power went out yesterday I was playing 360.

Since then my controller won't connect and my wireless router won't recognize my xbox.

Anybody have any experience with anything like this?

Turn the controller on and hold both connect buttons at the same time. Done it millions of times when friends need to borrow controllers.

People who own 360's would say yes, people who don't would say no. Go with what you think you are going to enjoy playing more.

so by all accounts, an 360 elite is a better buy then a ps3?

Yeah, and a 360 pro is an amazingly better buy. The elite is better, but not worth the extra you pay.

Also, in my opinion, playstation doesn't have enough games that are exclusive to make up for the price difference...clunky online play...and that's before you even mention that the frame rate on most major sports games is 1/2

1) 360 had no good games its first year on the market.

2) Online play is a legitimate advantage as of now for 360

3) Do you honestly think the framerate issue will remain past the 08 titles?

I'm a 360 owner, have no intention of buying a PS3, but this thread has become moronic beyond belief.

It's possible. And yeah the 360 didn't have much it's first year, but it also didn't have competition. For a system that was as delayed as the ps3 was they could have come up with something.

Another damning sign is the fact a LOT of games in the past year that were supposed to be ps3 exclusive have turned up on the wii and 360 due to studios having less faith in the console.

Maybe it's been made in this clusterfuck of a thread, but PS3:360::Mac:PC. If you're solely in it for games, go with the 360. If you've got a hint of watching Blu-Ray movies, save up for a PS3.

Xbox 360 has the dominant action titles (halo, gow, etc.)..

Wii has the fun party games that you can get everyone (including girls) to play, and are great all the time.

PS3 is still in its infancy, and will be great, but its going to take a couple of years to catch up, and get its titles out there.

I work in the game industry, and my honest belief is that you can't go wrong with ANY of the three systems. But, for the price of a ps3, you can get the Wii AND the 360.

Or, you can man up and get a beefy PC and play some really good titles ;)

Both NHL and Madden will be 60fps on Xbox and 30fps on PS3 this year.

Madden has been confirmed to run at 60fps on the PS3.

Wii has the fun party games that you can get everyone (including girls) to play, and are great all the time.

That's what's annoying about 360, unless your friends have one the games are too hard usually and you'll just kill them and it won't be fun.