Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

Interesting Article on Phil Kessel and his S19's

“If you put that stick in the hands of a run-of-the-mill guy, he’ll have a hard time doing anything with that thing,” O’Neill said.

I beg to differ. I still have his X60(One95) stick and it's awesome. It's a mild curve and flexes around 70ish. Many people I know have enjoyed the switch to a whippier stick.

I beg to differ. I still have his X60(One95) stick and it's awesome. It's a mild curve and flexes around 70ish. Many people I know have enjoyed the switch to a whippier stick.

I'm willing to bet he meant other pro's. A better comparison would be an average beer leaguer using a 50 flex.

His s19 is right around 80-85 flex, his x60 was 77 flex. I don't really like that article.

His Bruins teammates used to joke with him for using an intermediate 67 flex stick while in Boston.

I have seen a lot of his sticks and have had 3 of his sticks, his x60 was 77 flex, and his s19 right around 80-85. Not sure where you come up with 67 but it must have been early in his career.

I just stumbled across a Youtube video of Mike Cammalleri talking about shooting where he says he uses an 80 flex stick. Maybe not so uncommon.

Exactly, there are a lot of guys with lower flex rating out there, and quite frankly most nhl'ers sticks are unique. That article makes it sound as if hes the only one with an unique stick.

I still use one of his stick S19 that I bought uncut, but my most recent one that is one he intended on using it. He cut it taped it the way he does it with his sticks (and signed it), and again it felt right around 85 flex when he was done with it.

10eqxcm.jpg

Many of the guys I have worked with over the last few years are all under 100 now. Learning to use the flex to work for them. When Kessel was at the BTNL in Oakville during the lockout and a little last year he always wanted to beat guys at fooseball. That article is pretty bang on. He's a pretty competitive guy. That and man he did have strong legs but he sure didnt look as fit as some of the others but worked just as hard.

What Chippa is getting at Icewalker is that his stick "felt" like an 80 after he cut it. So you have to imagine that before he cut it down what flex the shaft is.

I just broke one of his S19's that I picked up near the ACC. Was 80 flex. Loved the curve and have been scouring the internet to find more.

What Chippa is getting at Icewalker is that his stick "felt" like an 80 after he cut it. So you have to imagine that before he cut it down what flex the shaft is.

Only he knows what he meant.

I questioned to Easton about some incident thing.

Then I've received an answer from Easton's super viser that Kessel has been using mid-kick stick.

But I think that's interesting idea to use minimum flex stick with super low-kick.

Certainly we can shot by quickly small motion but keep the handling or receive feeling.