Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David_h13

06 hockey video games

Would you buy a 06 hockey video game  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did you read about NHL 20XX? They market all of these "amazing" new features that wind up sucking BALLS! The manual deke has been marketed as gods second comming since NHL 02, but has sucked every year.

Did you read about NHL 20XX? They market all of these "amazing" new features that wind up sucking BALLS! The manual deke has been marketed as gods second comming since NHL 02, but has sucked every year.

But if you play 20 hours a day for 6 months you'll be amazed at how easy it is to press 3 buttons and use both joysticks at the same time.

Did you read about 06? YOu can do Jagr's and crazy dekes and pick your favorite shots and stuff...Sounds pretty neat

I don't understand what your saying?? and at which site

They have between the leg shots in 2K5. EA should worry about making a hockey game. They don't have an NHL street because their regular NHL games seem like a street version.

I don't understand all you people that say NHL 2005 sucked. I really enjoyed playing at will continue to do so until i get 2006. On the other hand i hated 2k4 and 2k5 they both seemed like awful games with very bad skating and shooting animations.

I agree with you 100%. I went over to my friends house and played 2k5 and it was absolutley awful compared to the EA games. The only thing bad about 2005 was that there isn't any Create Player thing.

4 screenshots up on NHL "06" notice 06 not 2006

Yes

NHL 06 features:

All-New EA SPORTS™ Skill Stick: Deke, shoot, and score like never before with NHL® 06. With a tap of the right analog stick, pick your spot and execute brilliant signature shots while controlling the location of each shot with the new in-net targets. Unleash an arsenal of moves as you take complete control of every scoring opportunity. * I however hope EA doesn't overdo this. I don't wanna see Tie Domi flying down the wing doing toe drags and sticking it between the legs. I hope EA bases the skill on the amount of deking ability the player has*

EA SPORTSâ„¢ R.P.M. Physics: New Realistic Puck Momentum (R.P.M.) means the puck is dangerous-hard shots can injure defensemen, shake up goalies in the crease, ripple the twine, or knock water bottles off the net to add insult to injury.

*Does this mean your gonna lose your top players like every game cause they get in the way of your shots?*

Classic Deking Control: Movement on the ice is more intuitive than ever as you skate and deke using the left analog stick tmove past opponents and make goalies bite and perform all-new incredible desperation saves. *Lets hope they improved the goalie animations*

All-New Momentum Skating: Feel what it's like to skate on an icy surface. Player speed and size now has an effect on momentum and turning radius. During speed burst players push the puck ahead to break past opponents, while stopping and turning creates real-time ice trails. *Is this just another fancy way of saying new skating animations or is it really gonna be improved with realism? I have my hopes on this one*

Creation Zone: Create-A-Player allows you tget in the game with the new analog facial sculpting controls. Add black eyes and scars to put fear in the eyes of your opponents. Create an NHL team in your hometown and build a dynasty, or edit any player in the league with an all-new player editor. *Scars to put fear in the eyes of your opponents? <_< At least they're adding C-A-P again

EA SPORTS™ Online*: Take your game online and challenge opponents anywhere in the world via a PC, PlayStation®2 or Xbox® Live. Meet, greet and chat via the new and improved EA Messenger and then set up a tournament or play NHL® 06 head-to-head using EA SPORTS intuitive matchmaking system. Battle your way tthe top of the world at the ultimate online sports gaming destination. *typical*

THE cover boy for NHL 06 is Vincent Lecavalier.

screen1_large.jpg

screen2_large.jpg

screen3_large.jpgscreen4_large.jpg

credit to TOTHEGAME.com for the PS2 images.

the game is still in early stages so you can't expect graphics to be in tiptop shape yet. This better not be another overdone promising hockey game from EA.

They are deffinatly not NHL 2006 screen shots! notice that they are exactly the same graphics as 05 and how they are using exact same equiptment - ie. sticks and skates etc, i cud put money on it that all players will be sporting either stealths, XXX's or V130's... but thats just IMO..

They are deffinatly not NHL 2006 screen shots! notice that they are exactly the same graphics as 05 and how they are using exact same equiptment - ie. sticks and skates etc, i cud put money on it that all players will be sporting either stealths, XXX's or V130's... but thats just IMO..

like i said the game is still in it's early stages, you won't see graphical improvements till july-august. THey are definately 2006 screenshots because if you look at lecavalier in one of em you can see he's doing the push-the-puck ahead thing which is not in 2005. The puck also looks smaller, closer to the original size.

yeah theyre 2006. you can also tell because on the EA Sports website, the only picutre they have for it is the first one. i did notice that the skates are definitely sketchy and i hope thats one of the things they change

i loved the ea sports nhl 2004 ,but the 05 sucked so i dont know if i would waste $50 on a video game that i might not like .....espn nhl 2k5 was pretty good so i would buy 2k6

after like 1 moonth it will go down to 30 because no1 will pay 50

i hope they change a lot of things.. some things i wonder is if they've added breaking sticks like they said they would and also the playable allstar and superskills comps in dynasty mode. If they do add breaking sticks, they should just add sticks flexing as well and also fix up their sticks. Vapor XX's don't say XX Vapor on the other side, but thats probably going to be different because they'll probably switch the XX with XXX and Synergy with like a Stealth.

I hope that you can go to camps like on madden to increase your players skills.....

Have you guys seen Maddeon '06's graphics....they are unreal.... :ph34r::blink:

I hope that you can go to camps like on madden to increase your players skills.....

that would be awesome to go to camps and like in San Andreas it would be sweet if you could go to the gym or something to get better. :)

I think there only guna make a little change this year and make a huge change in later year games.........

and why do you think that??

I didn't want to start a new topic for this so i thought i would just keep it in this one. Anyway my question is what would u like to see change or what would u like to see like new feutures in the 2006 version or even 2007 etc.??