Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedlite44

06 mission line

Is it just me, or does anyone else find these kind of ugly?

I think ever since the DxC line, the skate "looks" have gone way downhill.

I think the line looks AMAZING assuming much isnt changed from this color scheme. The All-black looks very sleek and the white/grey looks better than the white/black 950s IMO.

I like the look of the black boot. Which of those would be the "top of the line"?

I wish they had a silver chassis like the old penetrator type. :(

No vents in the toe caps it looks like.

I think ever since the DxC line, the skate "looks" have gone way downhill.

I like the d1c and d2c look. :)

Whoaa... i really like the white/charcoal ones. im guessing theyre a high end model because the chassis looks the same as the magnesium one on the 950's.

yeah they do look quite a lot like hyper wheels.

Any chance of some more pics? im all excited about the new line now! :D

Do you talk about the newer model??? On the page where JR posted the pics, you wrote that they are sweet...weird :blink:

I like the look of the black boot.  Which of those would be the "top of the line"?

The white and grey one's.

steveoc]No vents in the toe caps it looks like.

Nope. :(

I like the d1c and d2c look.  :)

So do I

Do you talk about the newer model??? On the page where JR posted the pics, you wrote that they are sweet...weird :blink:

I said the black ones are sweet...the others are extremely ugly.....No Mission this year for me i guess

If you look at the white skate on the right, the back heelpiece says "Custom" I believe. Perhaps we are looking at an early prototype? I find it strange that the toe piece is not ventilated. That's why I'm leaning towards this is not the final release skate. Not really down with the white/charcoal, but whatever, the real ? is how will they perform. They also look a little L7ish to me. Very highcut. If you look at the right skate, bout where the anklepiece would start, that's where it resembles the L7 to me.

If you look at the white skate on the right, the back heelpiece says "Custom" I believe.

I thought it said "Cuatro"...going south of the border on this line....

"Cuatro" means the number four right? I used the online translator to figure that out. That would be interesting if you are right, since that would mean that Mission is going towards a Spanish number system for their skate. Which would make Cuatro the top end skate meaning that three, two and one would be the lower end, since in another post, the white/charcoal inline skates were said to be the top of the line skate for the '06 models. With all that said, it doesn't look like the skate says "custom" nor "cuatro".

I said the black ones are sweet...the others are extremely ugly.....No Mission this year for me i guess

Basing your choice on looks, I hope these are the best skates ever made just so you miss out. Never judge a book by its cover. I love the look of both, specially the black.

I thought the patent was clear about

A. only two different sized wheels

and

B. two distinct planes for the centerlines of the axels to sit upon

Nike used a loophole to "design" their frame for 3 different sized wheels, centerlines lying on two planes. How then is the Sensor not also exempt by have three sizes on three planes?

The wheels must all be touching the floor when using axles in different planes, as part of the technical description I believe for a design to be considered part of the "HiLo",(technically it may be called "split axis") group. So I believe the "loophole" is to sell the same design with one wheel which does not touch the floor when shipped. For the user to convert this back to a regular HiLo setup, then all it takes is a large wheel to replace the one not touching the floor.

Now the end user is making the skate a "HiLo"..not the manufacturer....I am sure once enough of these skates are on the market, there may be a challenge, and an attempt to collect some royalties for infringement, however for the moment, it seems like it is a moot point. Until enough "infringing" skates have been sold, it may not be worth the cost to pursue.

"Cuatro" means the number four right? I used the online translator to figure that out. That would be interesting if you are right, since that would mean that Mission is going towards a Spanish number system for their skate. Which would make Cuatro the top end skate meaning that three, two and one would be the lower end, since in another post, the white/charcoal inline skates were said to be the top of the line skate for the '06 models. With all that said, it doesn't look like the skate says "custom" nor "cuatro".

i hate the whole roman numeral thing bauer uses

i think it would be awsomem if they went south of the border for the numbers, i never did understand the vsi or si or r, could someone trelll me what the r and those thingts meant?

Quatro =

1. Lighter

2. Stronger

3. More Comfortable

4. Four on the Floor - Hi-Lo

As for wheels, it is a combo of two companies. Hyper and a two word company....

BTW...The boots are not taller..

I didn't come up with that one...I wanted to name the skate Evolution...lol

Eventually you'll wear them down.

theyre starting to grow on me lol....they are pretty nice.... the grey and white go nice....RR wheels is a bonus.....Someone should use Revisions