Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedlite44

06 mission line

Hey, if the hockey store is willing to go along with it? Who's the fool? The fool, or the fool that follows? Seems he has a good repoir with his LHS, and they hook him up. It's not like he's sneaking behind the counter while nobody is looking. The LHS is doing it for him.

...but to come on here and tell people how to do it and get away with it is a big slap in the face to all of the shopowners who are honest as well as manufacturer.

Everyone knows things happen here and there. But, if you're smart, you keep it on the hush. I'm sure the store wouldn't be happy if they knew he was telling everyone about this. If you support a store, they'll cut a corner for you here and there. But to abuse that, is just sleazy.

agreed.. its not like just that 1 proshop is doing it im sure hundreds of proshops do that but to announce it like its no problem, thats another story

Oh wow, they're already putting out 06s out for warranty replacement. Or did he just have a problem more than once and it was sort of a "thanks for sticking around" thing?

I agree that the new mission skate are the stiffest skate I have used too. I have 10,000 they are awesome! Love the new colorway! Real nice skates!

how are you guys already getting the new mission skates? i thought they were not out yet. are you guys just testing them or something?

QUit begging. You do this every time. It's getting old.

The reason why he got a pair of skates is because he had problems with the Heliums.

Im kidding......Chill out... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get a pair to test out! My pair doesn't have the new frames on them, but I should be getting them put on in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear you got your test samples...

You send freebies to guys who promote things like this?

Chadd and everyone else,

Although you are under the impression that mission "wasted" a pair of 06's please hear me out before you put my integrity under the guillotine on this board. I'm going to first comment on the stick comment that I previously made.....I listed two options, so please dont try to paint me as a scam artist or a fraud. Option 1 was turning the stick into a 2 piece stick, Which plenty of players INCLUDING MYSELF do. (I play a busted M1 with a sicore focus flex, if you want pic's I will be GLAD to post them) And option 2 was the OPS "scam" which MANY PEOPLE have at least attmepted before. The kid was asking what his options were, I was merely stating them. I didnt glorify it, I didnt say that I have done it. I simply stated that it was an option. It's not like I gave him the location of the Holy Grail, I just reiterated information that someone else would have told him anyways.Second of all If his LHS is dumb enough to do it for him, Is it really his fault? and I CAN GUARANTEE my LHS has not done it for me, nor have I ever asked them, I have too much appreciation and respect for them. Thirdly I don't appreciate being called "sleazy" not once in that post did I even imply that I had EVER performed the "scam" so please don't circumstantially assume that I did that, because your assumptions are simply based on false predications. However in order to quell the uprising, I edited my original post, here is the link:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?ac...t=0#entry151235

Lastly on this subject I would like to appologize to any manufacturer and/or retailer, distributor, shipper, delivery guy, factory worker, or anyone else Ipotenitally offended. I genuninely appologize. I hope by me fixing my original post is a step in the right direction for you guys to forgive me.

Onto the skates. The issue that I had with my original skates was a very common and simple problem. I couldnt stop the eyelets from ripping out. I went through 3 pairs of HE 950's that I paid 400 dollars for, over the course of a six month period. (2 Months of which I didnt even have a pair of skates at all because mission had to have another batch of the skates manufactured). My issues with the 950's are well documented at mission. I spoke to countless customer service reps, the store I bought them at (which is a part of a large chain of stores), emails were sent, regional sales reps were involved. Justin steped in and generously assisted me, I did not ask, demand, or pitch a hissy fit for a new pair of skates...I simply stated that I was at the end of the road with my current pair of skates that I paid alot of money for, and I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I hope the MSH community can forgive me for stating the obvious....I wont do it again.

BTW Justin, yes the skates came in tuesday. I had them baked and played a gaime that same day. I played another game tonight (wednesday) and I am extremely pleased. Thank you again for all of your help.

Sassmasta -

More stores do that than you think. The attitude is "It's not costing me anything, oh well." I know of a store that went out of business because a mfgr cut them off after realizing they were doing up receipts. How did they figure it out? Simple - they apparently "sold" more sticks than they had booked.

The problem with your post is that we have a few members that are impressionable and will try it. Of course, the consumer thinks he's gonna benefit by getting a scammed stick, but when mfgrs raise prices because they've been giving away too many as replacements, that's when they'll learn.

Good luck with your skates - I hope it all works out for you.

BTW Justin, yes the skates came in tuesday. I had them baked and played a gaime that same day. I played another game tonight (wednesday) and I am extremely pleased. Thank you again for all of your help.

No more waiting 24 hours to use your skates after baking?

skates look good but is it just me or do u think that this chassis is gonna get bent pretty easily if u take some shots to it from pucks??? im a defensemen and i block a lot of passes and shots with my feet!!! what do u guys think??