Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LegoDoom

Star Wars

I thought this was an awesome Star Wars movie. I think I liked it even more than "A New Hope", but not quite as much as Empire. It's far superior to Menace, Clones and Return of the Jedi.

If you didn't see Attack Of the Clones you should watch it before seeing ROTS. Clones sets up a lot of the story for this movie, you will be a little lost without the background. Clones was much better than Menace. I think you will enjoy this movie as the action starts right at the beginning. There are a few cheesy lines, but what's a Star Wars movie without cheesy lines? :ph34r:

I am looking forward to seeing this again in the next few days. The lightsaber battles were great and the ending tied the entire series together. Go see it!

Is the acting any better than in Phantom Menace? That movie struck me as a fully CGI movie - even the normally great actors seemed CGI. One thing that carried the first series was the charisma of the cast, I feel, and that was sorely lacking in Phantom Menace. Everyone seems to be going on about the special effects and action scenes, but call me old fashioned, I like a well acted and well thought out movie. So on those terms, how does it rate?

Easily better acting than the others, but that may be due to the fact there was help with the script. I can't speak for any others, but you could empathize with Anakin/Vader in this one.

I liked it. It brought closure and tied in the other set of movies. What I don't understand is that Wedge gets C-3PO and R2D2, and supposedly the gap between EP3 and EP4 is about 20 years.

That part comes off as being forced in the movie. In the book Threepio starts rattling off about how proud the babies will be of who their parents were and how he can't wait to tell them stories. That's when Bail has the mind wipe done.

no emotional depth, fuzzy transition for the hero's fall.

Does anybody else feel that GL rushes these movies through. I think this films editing was some of the worst I have ever seen

That's the only thing I didn't like abuot the movie as well.. Anikin seemed to have fell a little too easily.. From "I'm gonna arrest you" to "OMG what did I do?" to ok lets kill all the jedi kids.. all in one day.. kinda a stretch for me to believe but that's my take. <_<

I liked it. It brought closure and tied in the other set of movies. What I don't understand is that Wedge gets C-3PO and R2D2, and supposedly the gap between EP3 and EP4 is about 20 years.

I was wondering if it was Wedge or not. They just called him Captain Antilles.

I've seen it twice (what can I say, I'm a huge Star Wars fan), and I absolutely loved it. I didn't like the first two prequels at all (hated Episode II), but this one was really good. Tons of action, very emotional, and it ties everything together really well. Yoda and R2 were especially awesome.

What I don't understand is that Wedge gets C-3PO and R2D2, and supposedly the gap between EP3 and EP4 is about 20 years.

Just FYI (in case you care), it's not Wedge who gets the droids, the Captain Antilles that Sen. Organa gives the droids to (the same one who gets killed at the beginning of A New Hope) is no relation to Wedge. As for the gap, I guess they just chilled on his ship all that time, on diplomatic missions for the senator.

i haven't seen it yet but after reading some of the posts, i can't help but wonder why people went to see star wars expecting a strong cast of actors showing genuine emotion? that's not what star wars is about

I guess Antilles must be a common name in the Galaxy. It kinda looked like him. Could've been his dad.

It's Bail Antilles. I don't know how I forgot his name.

i haven't seen it yet but after reading some of the posts, i can't help but wonder why people went to see star wars expecting a strong cast of actors showing genuine emotion? that's not what star wars is about

Because this is the movie where emotion would run rampant. Acting aside, you get a glimpse into Anakin's feelings and why he turns; you see what it does to Padme and Obi-Wan and how it all comes to a head at the end.

I saw it last night with some friends.It was great but like a lot of people said it was rushed.I loved the General Grievous fight scene with Kenobi that was just plain cool and unexpected lol.For all who haven't seen it ...go see it...*shakes fist*