Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Underrated bands

The Decemberists are one of my favorite bands, good call.

do they sing july july?

Yes, they do sing it (it's actually July, July!) ;)

The Decemberists are one of my favorite bands, good call.

do they sing july july?

Yes, they do sing it (it's actually July, July!) ;)

and it's a good song.

-k

I'm from the U.K. so what i feel is unnapreciated here may be completly different in the U.S. and Canada

Sublime

Dispatch

Do me bad things

Aphex twin

Biffy Clyro

I might as well chime in again, few more here.

Minus the Bear - Weird Voice, great sound

Sherwood - See Minus the Bear

Trophy Scars

Mormon In the Middle (good luck finding their stuff, but when you do it's gold)

Daphne Loves Derby

Belle and Sebastien

Daughters

and last but not least,

Jimmy Eat World. Call me mainstream, call them an MTV band, but In my eyes they are one of the most influential bands ever. Clarity is my all time favorite CD, and Static Prevails isn't far behind. wooo.

They aren't really underappreciated, but my favorite band has to be Hatebreed. Trying to convince somebody that doesn't listen to hardcore music to listen to a band called Hatebreed is nothing if not futile.

I definitely agree with you about the hardcore bands Full Blown Chaos, Nora, Sworn Enemy, Terror etc. etc. etc.

I just think that it's the whole scene that isn't popular and not just individual bands. Being Hatebreed fans we both know that they are absolutely huge in select circles but bands like these will never catch on with the mainstream listeners. In fact all of the bands mentioned above have great crowds whenever they play in NY but I couldn't drag 9 out of 10 of my friends to one of those shows.

I bet you I could make about 4 15 song Mixes with all the Sao stuff I have. The next Album is supposed to drop before Warped Tour this year. Props to all you guys givin them props, though :).

the tragically hip, really under rated in the US

most canadian bands are. i always thought sloan was pretty cool, but nobody down here has ever heard of them. broken social scene are another band like that.

-k

Matt Mays & El Torpedo are really good, and are getting air time on much music. doubt anyone from the states have heard of the them.

the Opened for blue rodeo or someone, when they where here.

This is like the OMG list the hardcore underground bands you listen to thread. I'll play..

The Blood Brothers, Circa Survive, Saosin, The Snake the Cross the Crown, Chiodos (used to be Chiodos Brothers), Death from Above 1979, Anadivine, Gatsbys American Dream, The Rocket Summer, Fear Before the March of Flames, Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer, The Appleseed Class, Every Time I Die.

Out of all of those, I would suggest Saosin, Chiodos and Circa Survive.

Those 3 bands > any other band.

Blood Brothers are great

More unknown Punk Rock that are currently around: Retching Red, The Falcon, Frankenhookers, Whole Wheat Bread, Fenix TX, Chixdiggit!

Retching Red is very similar to Blood Brothers / Dwarves

Gotta get in the good chick bands: The Dollyrots, Go Betty Go, Tsunami Bomb, Betty Blowtorch

I feel that Billy Talent are an example of a great Canadian band that fell victim to overplaying. The stations around my area, Windsor/Detroit, they overplayed all the good songs. I remained solid through it, but BT died 'round here because of that. God I hate the radio.

They overplayed: The Ex, River Below, Try Honesty, and Prisoners of Today. If they start to overkill Line and Sinker I think I might go to the station and throw rocks at the windows.

To add another: Only Still, it's a band out of Ontario that I guy I know plays in. Remember "Paul10" from Corebream anyone? Ya, he plays guitar in that band.

Hawthorne Heights, Stutterfly, The Goodbye Celebration, The Junction, Atreyu, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Mae, Breaking Benjamin, Death Cab For Cutie, A Perfect Circle, The Exies and Mudvayne to name a few.