Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A_Steeves12

Breaking the glass

well guys i was at a shooting camop thing tonight and a guy gave a pass for a onetimer and it wasnt a very good pass it was rolling and junk so i put just a little weight on it it hit the glass and smash. it was by no means a hard shot it was just the way it hit the glass i guess.

so have any of you broke the glass or seen a teammate break it?

well guys i was at a shooting camop thing tonight and a guy gave a pass for a onetimer and it wasnt a very good pass it was rolling and junk so i put just a little weight on it it hit the glass and smash. it was by no means a hard shot it was just the way it hit the glass i guess.

Maybe you did shoot it really hard, and it's just that the shooting camp is helping a lot ;)

If the plexi broke at our rink, I think we'd be screwed, I don't think we have any back up. Surprised it hasn't happened!

Biggest tankshow on my team broke the glass 2 times in a game this year, no other times the whole year. Just stepped into a guy along the halfwall and it was done. 45 minutes later, after they got the new glass, he breaks it on the other side. One of the weirdest things I've seen in my days. They took another 25 to get it in, we didn't get off until like 12:30.

I broke it about two weeks before I got a job at that same rink. Shot missed right above the boards and I must have hit the stress point cause my shot hasn't gotten above 70 before. I ended up staying about 4 hours afterwards cleaning that mess up. Worst part about cleaning it up is that you can't just scoop it all into a trash bag and haul it out, the stuff is so damn heavy that you can only put about two small scoops into a trash bag before it'll tear. About a week after I got hired, the glass in the same spot was shattered by some guy who easily broke it on shot speed alone. Then during Jr.B tryouts, we had a guy try and go fullsteam at a kid digging at the puck along the corner boards. The kid side stepped and the player with the head of steam ended up knocking the glass out but without breaking it, that was quite the sight to see.

Biggest tankshow on my team broke the glass 2 times in a game this year, no other times the whole year. Just stepped into a guy along the halfwall and it was done. 45 minutes later, after they got the new glass, he breaks it on the other side. One of the weirdest things I've seen in my days. They took another 25 to get it in, we didn't get off until like 12:30.

Wasn't that Daves team Sam.

Personally never broke it. Had a few teammated break them on not so hard shots, had a kid this year break one, maybe two glasses. I believe one was a dump and another was a hard slapshot. I played with another guy who put someone through the glass (it shattered) on a hit. That was pretty cool.

Then during Jr.B tryouts, we had a guy try and go fullsteam at a kid digging at the puck along the corner boards. The kid side stepped and the player with the head of steam ended up knocking the glass out but without breaking it, that was quite the sight to see.

I've seen that too.

BTW, The story I've written is not from me either. Personally, I've never broken a glass but saw it a couple of times.

Maybe you did shoot it really hard, and it's just that the shooting camp is helping a lot ;)

If the plexi broke at our rink, I think we'd be screwed, I don't think we have any back up. Surprised it hasn't happened!

no id deffinatly wasnt a hard show the puck was on edge when i shot it. all the older guys on atfer where impresssed tho :D

Wasn't that Daves team Sam.

No it was in Lethbridge against Winnipeg. Buuuuut it happened on Daves team.

back in a heated match up when i was in minor midget aaa i hit a kid and the glass fell out. it was kind of funny, like the clown show rink worker was claiming that if anything was seriously damaged the compuware player and i would've had to split the costs

the rowdiest kid on my team got a penalty at this really bad rink, so we score a shorthanded goal and he bangs on the glass, and it falls out. They secured it with thick electrical tape, and we switched rinks with a practicing team

a week before one of the kids on my team threw up on the ice after getting speared, so the management isnt too happy with us

In a Midget AAA game 2 years ago some 6'2 clown and I went full steam at the puck while it was in the corner...

It's a common sight to see one guy slow up a bit and try to put the body on the other guy. Well, this didn't happen. We were hesitating a bit to see if the other would slow up or throw a shoulder, but we just kept going.

At the last second while we were going for the puck, we both simultaneously threw a shoulder which directed us straight into the glass.

We both went right through, shattered it. Feels really weird, but there was quite a bit of glass on me, in my gloves, and under my shoulder pads.

Took the rink crew 20 mins to get a new one up, though.

I got my new vapor xx stick yesterday and was trying to get used to it, its the perfect flex and curve for me, I was shooting slappers from the blue line into the corner, and put one completly through the glass almost into the manages office window, I felt bad after that, its the 3rd time ive done it there in the last year.

I've never done it personally, but at one of the outdoor rinks by my house they have chainlink behind the net i took a slap shot and it got stuck and it took us like 10 minutes to find it cause we thought it went through and it was the only puck.

My coach 2 years ago did it when trying to go through the circle in the timekeepers box.

anyone remember in D3 when dean portman ducked that hit and flipped the guy through he glass, think this is possible in real life?

Usually it can happen if the corner of your skate hits the glass just right, so ya, it probably could....

i broke a windows two time...one this time when i was giving some advice to my BT A friends we were shooting on the board(miss my shoot go higher then expecting!) when i shot the biggest shot i ever took with my xn10!! LOL

and last years, wrist shot the goalie block it hit the glass and broke...

A local instructor (former Hershey Bear named Steve Schiefele) was teaching my kid years ago how to shoot a slapper, wound up and really blasted it. Made a hole through the plexi like a gunshot. He said oops, there goes my money for this private lesson.