Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thejackal

Poutine

Not awful, but the cheese always makes me sick. Not a fan of "gooey" cheese. I think it's more of a Newfoundland thing that a Quebec thing as well.

I think it's more of a Newfoundland thing that a Quebec thing as well.

No, the Newfs eat Fries with turkey/chicken stuffing on top, Poutine is very french. They even serve it at McDonalds here (Ottawa).

Is it nacho cheese or melted cheese?

At McDonalds? I think they still use cheese curds. They melt from the hot gravy.

I think it's more of a Newfoundland thing that a Quebec thing as well.

No, the Newfs eat Fries with turkey/chicken stuffing on top, Poutine is very french. They even serve it at McDonalds here (Ottawa).

We sold it at our McDonalds as well (Hamilton). I know it's must have in Halifax so I just pieced together that it was from around there. It was cheese curds and gravy, I never tried it, but I heard good reviews.

Never had it.

Sounds like cheese fries w/ gravy? Would chili on it qualify?

no, are you kidding me? :lol:

its melted chhese curds with chicken gravy (better with powder gravy believe me) here we have gravy made by St. Hubert which is the perfect additive to a poutine.

JR, i'm embarassed by that shortcut. lol

j/k you have an excuse, your from florida

At one of the local Uni pubs/restaurants here in Ottawa, they have one poutine called "before the game" and another with hot dog bits called "after the game." They're pretty good, but as if I'd eat that stuff going into a game... Damn this thread is making me hungry now...

Why would you ruin perfectly good cheese curds by melting them? Being born in Wisconsin I have had many many cheese curds and they are meant to be eaten fresh straight from the plant. It boggles the mind :D

Never had it.

Sounds like cheese fries w/ gravy? Would chili on it qualify?

Yeah at my local Dairy Queen where I used to work they had clili poutines. Put the fries, the cheese curds and a good amount of chili.

Wow, never expect that many ppl to like it.

Anyway my dad has a restaurant than makes burgers, sandwiches etc and they also make fresh fries. I work there a few days a week as a fry cook and i should prolly stop and get a job somewhere else since all the poutine i'm eating is probably going to go straight to the belly this summer.

The sauce makes a good poutine, it has to taste right. Also, the cheese (we use 3 kinds, not sure what but they're not in curds, just plain grated ones) needs to be put on before the gravy since that way it'll melt a bit.

Actually, to make it right you put the gravy on first and then put the cheese curds on and toss it in the oven for a second or two to get the cheese a little melted.

Actually, to make it right you put the gravy on first and then put the cheese curds on and toss it in the oven for a second or two to get the cheese a little melted.

True, but we dont actually have an oven, so it's an easier way.

I use to love the stuff but now I can't stand it. Once I ate too much of it and got sick so now I hate it.